Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Margaret,

That quote is a gem.

I'm going to adopt it as a daily reminder to myself: when people are speaking, hear the message they are conveying, rather than the words they say.

This will help me right now with a difficult letter I am trying to write to someone whose inattention has caused me angst.

I know this person didn't mean to be indifferent to my needs.

I am miffed that my need to know some information in a timely fashion wasn't more important to this person than it apparently was, and upset that I was left for many days without information I was waiting for.

I don't want to read more into her actions than is the case, but my hurt and anger are leading me in that direction.

It is an important letter to someone I will see on occasion, and I don't want there to be tension in our relationship.

Thank you for this quote which will, I believe, help me get this in perspective.

Karen in Virginia

I just saw your amazing paintings. Wow. Just wow. Well done.

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    :'( There is something wrong with my computer that has to do with virus protection and word processing. Our neighbor is a computer whiz and has volunteered to help neighbors so we called him and has taken my computer home with him to figure out what's wrong. We all wore masks when he came in the house

:'(Beth so sorry to hear about your injury

:)Katla congrats on finishing the blanket for your grandson

:) We go almost nowhere. My line dance classes were vaccinated people I know well, but without masks, I didn't feel safe, and dancing wearing a mask is unsafe in many other ways

Barbie in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
    Oooo
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    Karen Thank you!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,943 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. I have been skim reading the pages I have missed, so haven't time to comment much.

My heart goes out to those of you who are living in trying circumstances. My minor eye problem seems trivial in comparison to what some of you are dealing with.

Beth: Oh my goodness. (((Hugs))) and wishes for a swift resolution. 💕💖💕

Rita: 😍 Your visitors.

Machka: Happy Anniversary to you both.

Michele: Weights can easily be improvised. Full milk cartons are an excellent substitute for kettle bells. And there are always bodyweight exercises you can do.

@rjv230
    Age is no barrier to losing weight. Nor is small stature. I was 69 when I joined MFP in Jan 2015. I am now 75, and 83 lbs lighter, and way more fit and healthy than I have been in a long time. I recommend persevering with tracking your food on MFP, and moving more. I'm also one of the petites 😂 5'2" in my bare feet.

For those being impacted again by Covid restrictions:
    Covid is not finished with us yet. Being proactive is our best chance of surviving. Wearing masks, being vaccinated, and being careful is a small price to pay, and the least we can do for ourselves, and others.

☘️ Terri

Regarding COVID there are new indications we could be dealing with it through 2022. We will see.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,229 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Did a DVD for the rebounder today then took my walk. Driving to FL tomorrow so no formal exercise.

Oakie – we also don’t have a fitness center at the condo. Most gyms have a step, a ball, and a yoga mat. I don’t have any of those down there. The condo isn’t real big so I try to save room by using a gym for these items. But most of all, I don’t want to disturb the people below us.

Barbara – when we get back, we’re going to have to take Loki to a groomer to get all his mats shaved out.

Beth (((HUG)))

katla – how did you find out that that person was not vaccinated?

Flea – does ginger help any? A friend of mine had cancer and she said that ginger helped her feel better faster. Congrats on the new car!!!! Looks really nice

Went with Vince for his allergy shot. I give our empty cat litter containers to this one gal. I may have told you this before. She used to use them to take her daylilies to the farmer’s market. Well, she told me that now she sells them to another lady for $1. I joked that I should get a cut. She didn’t think so. Interestingly, her father was well off and when he passed she got a sizeable (and that’s putting it mildly) inheritance. Guess old habits die hard. For the longest time she was going paycheck to paycheck. Now that she has money, she still does a lot of what she used to do. But then again...she didn’t used to go shopping for designer clothes and spend $10,000.

WooHoo...I have a 12 day streak!!!!!

Heat: I can handle the heat (especially if I have the pool), but the humidity kills me. So FL in August should be fun (not)

Went for my evening walk. Now to take a shower and since the last puzzle I did was missing some pieces, I’m going to try to take it apart in large chunks. Maybe those pieces are with another puzzle I bought at the same time. If not, in for recycling it’ll go. I’m too embarrassed to donate it when I know it’s missing pieces.

Took apart that puzzle, but first I took a picture of it. Asked Vince if we could leave early tomorrow. I really don't like getting there late, then we have to bring everything into the condo. His suggestion was that we buy dinner on the road, eat it instead of at the condo. I remember one time we got there late. By the time we brought everything up, Vince wants to rest a bit, I had a hard time finding a place to buy dinner and bring it back. Wish I could leave early but I can't. I know Vince doesn't like to get up early, but it's not like I ask him to do it all the time. He was saying how he gets up with the cats during the night. Personally, I wouldn't do it, but I suggested he sleep in the backbedroom and then the cats wouldn't bother him and he'd get a good night's sleep. His comment was that he doesn't have his CPAP. I just said "well, bring it in there" Maybe if he can think of a way that I can leave early....

Going to watch some TV now. But first empty the dishwasher. Ran it for the last time until we get back.

Michele NC
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,482 Member
    Options
    Watching Athena and she is giving me the silent treatment. So I asked if she wanted eggs, and she said yes. So she helped mix but now won't eat them. I told her I can either tell her mom and dad that she helped mix dinner, and that she ate some. Or I could say she didn't eat anything and wasted 2 eggs. She is playing with her farm and ignoring me completely. 🙄😳🙃
    Frustrated in Vancouver WA
    Rebecca
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,735 Member
    Options
    Rebecca give her about 10 years 🙄
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
    Uuuuu
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Michele— The woman who dropped into the yoga class did not seem to know club rules. She did not have masks for herself or her children. She watched the class for several minutes and left.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,482 Member
    Options
    Well the gal we met for #1 interview was 20, very nice and knowledgeable. I played with Athena while they all chatted.👍. I think I will be able to travel home on Friday morning. I bought the kids and Athena Sonic food. I had food too.💖👍
    I will be sad to go, but happy to see Lee.💖. We miss each other so!
    Rebecca
    In Vancouver WA
  • Machka9
    Options
    So much to comment on, but it’s taken me 2 hours to just read! I tried to get in last night and it wouldn’t let me into the Community pages at all. Tonight I removed the app, reset my password, swore a lot and it worked!

My husband came home from work early last night. He walked in the door looking as white as a sheet with blood running down his face. I immediately asked him what the $&’?had happened and he told me he had been in a fight.
    I asked him who it was with and he told me he didn’t ask. Turns out, as he was coming home from work a car passed him doing more than 120/km hour immediately pulled in front of him and slammed on the brakes. Hubby got stopped but still bumped the car a bit. The guy in the car just sat there so Hubby got out of his truck and went up, the guy gets out of the car and starts swinging at my hubby. DH is not one to back down when threatened and accepted the challenge. All of a sudden another man in the car gets out and starts beating my DH up too! This 2nd person kicked DH in the face, he has scrapes from the guys boots on his forehead and down the side of his face and a nasty cut/bruise at the corner of his eye. He also had a huge bump on his head. I’m sure when I see him tonight he will have massive bruising.
    The road rage in this area is insane lately. I’m just so grateful it was only fists and boots and not guns. Thankfully other drivers stopped and helped Dh out.

I am tired tonight as I didn’t sleep well last night making sure He was ok.

Hopefully I’ll catch up more thoroughly tomorrow night.
    Tracey in Edmonton

:open_mouth:

I hope it has been reported to the police and that he has gone to the hospital to be checked!

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Thank you for the anniversary greetings! :)

It was a busy day at work but after work we went to one of our favourite Indian restaurants for dinner. :):)

I had shahi paneer which was VERY good.

Machka in Oz
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Flea- sporty car ... my ex has been driving a Chevy Volt which is also a electronic hybrid and he us able to get back and forth to work without gas.. he had 2 and just sold his second one on Carvana.
    I am a wuss and canceled my MRI for Friday ,I am severely claustrophobic and want to be sedated so have to go to the hospital for that .so it will be rescheduled..
    Havent heard a peep from my brother but like I said Im not going to run after him ,if he wants to talk to me he can call..
    Tracy has had the last 4 days off so she will work this Thursday and Tal and I have a hairdresser appt ,Taliah starts school monday and im sure she is thrilled to pieces ( Not )

I drove a friend to the hospital last year because he was stressed about MRI and had to take some anti-anxiety medication I think. I don't know how strong but he couldn't drive apparently. I guess that allowed him to sleep at home.

FLEA sounds like a lovely walk. cool car!
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    Tracey,
    That sounds like a nightmare. Im glad there were other drivers to stop and help. In reading it sounded like they did that intentionally, but maybe they were drunk or on drugs, or a bit crazy or all of that. Did they get the licence plate? Like Machka said, the police and hospital seem like places to go after that. Here now, you can almost always find people through licence plates and cameras here and there along the road.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    yesterday morning I dragged myself for a walk before going to the café. I was dragging the whole time-- and felt tired/off most of the day. today I'll go straight to the café with no walk.