WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Quick drive by post!
    Kelly, I agree with you 100%! a 10 year old boy should not be left alone with a chainsaw EVER! And at a stranger's house?? Yikes!
    Okay, that was my big memory of the past 5 or 6 pages (that's not a good average lol), just the one that jumped out at me the most, I guess.
    Weather and scale are playing fast and loose with me here. I don't do well in the really hot weather that we've had a few times this summer, thank heavens for AC both at work and at home! Very thirsty Friday evening, so drinking a lot of water, so then spent a good deal of the night expelling that water, meant an almost 4 lb loss, but made for very poor sleep... lol. Every silver lining does indeed have a cloud! lol
    The smoke has, for the most part, cleared up now and we only had to deal with it for a few days. Sure feel bad for the folks in the interior of BC (where most of our smoke came from) as they have been dealing with smoky skies and very poor air quality for some time now.
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Happy Birthday to Julie and Carol!
    Margaret and Beth, no words, just big {{{HUGS}}}. It truly is so wrong for a parent to have to bury their child :'(

So happy to be able to call all of you friends!
    Evelyn, on not so smoky Vancouver Island
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,057 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Barbara pumped own gas for years. They use a special tape on gas pumps to show it is secure. If tape is tapered with you know there is a problem. I was not paying attention at the gas station in question. It was one I didin't normally use.

Kaylia
    , Kelly, and Evelyn Thank you.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    I wanted to post a video of over 50 geese moving down the street to the small lake in front of my brother's house. It was hilarious. They were in single file and stopped a lot of traffic taking their sweet time. I wish I had been there but do not know how to load the video.

Carol in GA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,350 Member
    Options
    Did Yoga for Weight Loss DVD then took my walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do a body pump DVD

Allie – happy birthday Alfie! You didn’t get a cake?????

Got 1-3/4 of the two towels done last night. Will work on finishing them today since they need to go in the dryer before I can give them to the gals. Made the cookies for the one gal’s gd. We’ll probably take the rest of them with us down to FL. On my walk remembered that I need to finish the yogurt I made since I’ not sure I can take that with me.

Katla – are you making a C2C blanket?

Terri – the pool is definitely my relaxing place

Vince is getting to be the little Susie Homemaker. Or maybe it’s because now that he bought a Swiffer wet jet that’s his newest toy.

Margaret – I didn’t realize that in Oregon you don’t pump your gas. I thought that was only in NJ!

Rebecca – how do you keep to your OMAD program when you’re visiting? I would think if someone made a meal and you didn’t even taste it, they might be hurt.

Julie – (((HUG)))

kylia – I’m glad to see that you have your priorities straight (checking in here first).

I’ve found that lately I want to be on the computer less and less. I just want to check my email, come in here, and MAYBE check facebook (not often) and the video group I belong to. Also, weather.com SOMETIMES. I also like to look for recipes sometimes.

Oh, oh, oh...the sun is coming out. Maybe I will be able to go in the pool.

KJ – I don’t think you’re crazy about the boy. I wouldn’t want him to do the job

Went in the pool then just about finished the puzzle. The timer went off for Vince's pizza so I didn't get to finish it. Probably after my evening walk.

Carol GA – the reason I microwave the meals is because I usually don’t have time at the last minute to prepare the food. I usually make the main dishes and then portion them out and freeze them. Then, if things get hectic (as they usually do) I have the dinners all ready to just pop in the microwave. Really, I don’t find a difference in the taste. As a matter of fact, if Vince didn’t completely grill something or I didn’t completely bake something, it usually finishes cooking while resting before I divide it up for the freezer and then it cooks some more in the microwave.

Going to go for my evening walk, but will post this first. Then probably finish the jigsaw puzzle. Then I’ll take it apart and give it to a gal that we used to bowl with but I now see at ceramics.

Michele NC
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,142 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,556 Member
    Options
    Tttttt
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,895 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    I wanted to post a video of over 50 geese moving down the street to the small lake in front of my brother's house. It was hilarious. They were in single file and stopped a lot of traffic taking their sweet time. I wish I had been there but do not know how to load the video.

Carol in GA

I think you might have to load it to a site like Flickr or YouTube ... not FB.

M in Oz
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,745 Member
    Options
    Katla - I hope your DDIL’s pain doesn’t last the rest of the pregnancy. That would not make it pleasant at all.

Heather - days of connections are good, too bad we couldn’t learn to have them on good days too.

Evelyn - we have the smoke here today.

Karen - A young Mom in my life posted this picture today of her son’s wound. He fell and hit his head and they used his hair to hold it all in place no stitches, only glue.
    8bb9tpf5q1ky.jpeg

I have to share this funny conversation with my Grands today:
    On the way home from our visit with their Aunt, we got into a conversation about birthdays and what day of the week we were all born on. For the record, my memory sucks!
    Anyway, I was telling them that the night their Mother was born that Grampie and Great Grampie were at a hockey game and they left the game to pick me up and took me to the hospital. Then they went back to the game leaving Aunt Sherry with me. I was fine with this, just FYI. Jonah (10 in Sept) bursts out laughing, and Michaela (5) pipes up and says, “Dat not funny Donah, dat’s horrible”. Grammie was at the hospital! She then proceeds to lecture him about it. I had to stop her and tell her is was fine. 😂 Poor Jonah.

It was a good day!
    Tracey in Edmonton
  • Machka9
    Options
    For the sake of my family and many other people, I'm hoping for rain all over British Columbia!

M in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Machka — I hope your BC family members are safe.. News about fires there is worrisome. <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka — I hope your BC family members are safe.. News about fires there is worrisome. <3

So far, but several of them are packed and ready to evacuate at a moment's notice.

M in Oz
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    thoughts of health and clean air and healthy environment to all those dealing with smoke and fires
    and health thoughts to those dealing with health issues (almost all of us?) for selves or loved ones.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    the weather turned from a short uncomfortably hot period to cool. Good for covering skin. now wearing shoes, cotton tights, above-the-knee-length skirt long sleeve thickish cotton shirt. I forgot to put sunscreen on hands but put hands in pockets when walking and now I'm INSIDE the café.
  • bananasandoranges
    edited August 2021
    Options
    grateful:
    healthcare system
    café
    summer lull
    summer vacation
    computer is working
    good tea

good things done yesterday
    -20 min cardio with high hr in park
    -30 min tidying: cleaned kitchen, fridge, swept and picked up living room
    -laundry
    -health care appointment

challenges yesterday
    -could do more tidying!
    -energy
    -more exercise late in day

Today
    -Call dermatologists (hospital or office care one) to try to get appointment and follow up info/appointment for scar care, and info about 2nd biopsy results.
    -Exercise 30 min at least
    -30 min cleaning/tidying
    -Writing
    -paperwork
    -appointment with generalist

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,709 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Im awake and have fed Alfie and will open thr windows. Its 61 out and thats my kind of weather.. Fall is my favorite season..
    After my marathon shopping yesterday morning i was a slug the rest of the day.. will go get Homer later on and will try and get the bedroom in some order today..
    I am truly blessed to still be walking this earth with what i have been through this past year and for that I am truly grateful..
    I have learned to take everything a day at a time as that is all we have..
    Im getting excited to find out what Tracy will be having im thinking a boy.. but so long as it is healthy thats all that counts.
    I think she is worried because of all my health issues,her dads issues and my parents issues she is waiting to see what the anatomy scan says,also her insurance will change for the better ,even though it will take more out of her paycheck weekly
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,610 Member
    Options
    Good Monday,
    10 hours training yesterday- ugh! The longest was advanced electrical. I was able to test out of associate engine. About 1/2 through advanced engine. Advanced engine includes several style engines that we rarely work on. I only thought I had hydraulics to do. Glad I reread the email. Engine they added in April. Craziness that they added courses during Spring, yet they are a lawn equipment manufacturer! Granddaughter and her friend came over yesterday afternoon and detailed my FLEX. He didn't do the windows, but is only 17. He waxed it, which was the first time he ever used real wax. I would take mini breaks and visit. My FLEX is clean and pretty and back in garage.

Windows were open yesterday all day. Allergies not happy today....will survive though! Cool again today.

May your day be productive in whatever your challenge is today!
    Make the best choice you can at the moment!
    Remember you are worth it!

<3
    Kylia in a cooler Ohio