WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,896 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka - My best friend’s daughter, brother and sister suffered for a few years with gallbladder issues that never showed on any tests, ultrasounds, anything. They all had the symptoms but doctors wouldn’t do anything for a long time because tests were “normal”. With each of them when the doctors finally gave in and removed them it was found that their gallbladders were actually bent over on the backside and were not working properly. Your situation sounds just like theirs.

Tracey
    Hope you get relief soon.

Interesting! I had a retrocecal appendix, that was elongated and twisted. I spent a year trying to convince someone there was something wrong! When they finally opted to do a general surgery (opening me from naval all the way down - I have quite the scar!), they discovered it.

Turns out two of my nieces have had the same thing ... could be genetic.

My mother had all sorts of gallbladder pain etc. and her scans showed nothing. Same Dr who did my appendix surgery cut her open and found that her gallbladder was full of polyps and sludge. Now back in those days I don't think the scans were sensitive enough to see those things. They say a modern CT or ultrasound should see them ... but maybe they still don't.

M in Oz

Just for reference her daughter’s were just removed last year after 2 years of emergency trips to the hospital. Her doctor recommended she go every time during an attack so they could see what was happening.

Tracey

Maybe I need to get tested in the late afternoon or early evening then!
  • Machka9
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Thank you Karen! 73 yrs young today! Was going to have lunch with son's family, but, he called and said so many people in their school system were testing positive for Covid that they did not want to expose us. Cherokee County Schools have not imposed a mask mandate. Young GD had a very bad virus last week but did not have covid.

Carol in GA

Happy Birthday!
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka - If you were closer I would certainly help you. Organizing is one of my favourite things to do. I am waiting patiently for my back to get better so I can take after some things.

I have an appointment on Wednesday for the specially trained physiotherapist to manually manipulate me back into shape. I am extremely nervous. Also, it better work because it’s a $160 appointment. I hope some will be covered with my benefits.

I have had another couple of busy weeks at work. It has gotten so bad with our new system that we were ready to start shopping for a new one and cancelling our contract. I took over contacting them to get things set up correctly this past week as my Supervisor was on vacation and have straightened a lot out. The big boss has now decided that I will lead the project.

My Grandson and I share a birthday on September 13th. I was so excited the night that he was born, but now that he will be 10 it just reminds me I’m a decade older! We have decided to have a Hippie Dance party this year. I need to start working on decorations. I have offered to take that part over. His Mom will make cupcakes and figure out a playlist for our music. I think I’ll also buy things so Jonah and I can dress like hippies. Up until the time he was born I never really celebrated my birthday but I have since. I’m quite excited, but now fear with our rising Covid numbers we’ll be restricted again.

Tracey in Edmonton

You and your daughter inspired me!

I hope you can get you back sorted soon!

Congratulations!!

And your party sounds like fun. :)

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    dfk2ujp36cf8.png

So many things!
    My husband
    Rhody
    The spring flowers coming up in my garden
    Even this wet and windy day and the fact that I don't have to go anywhere

Just to name a few. :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip — Yogi is wonderful & you and Kirby are wonderful, too. :heart:

Michele – It looks like you had a full list of errands. I hope all went well. :smiley:

Allie – Happy Birthday to Alfie! :star:

I have been knitting the baby blanket and have stopped for the night. I am tired, which is the perfect time to make mistakes. Getting some rest is and picking up the knitting project tomorrow will be a better plan.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,221 Member
    Options
    I am very stiff this morning. Looks like a good day to go for an early run. No wind.
    I wonder if DH will come with me. :o<3

Just about to make our morning cup of tea.

Good morning folks. Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,143 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    It's a dull morning. Just having my morning cuppa courtesy of DH, then I will get up and have my breakfast and get ready to go out.

Machka: You are so right. There are so many things I love.
    • Waking up in the morning. I love that I get another chance to have a great day.
    • Family: DH and I love getting together with our daughters, grandchildren, and DBiL/DSiL. Birthdays/picnics/other celebrations.
    • Meeting friends
    • Being creative: I get so much from my arts/crafts, and writing, especially my poetry.
    • Learning new things/extending my knowledge on favourite subjects.
    • Art/architecture:
    • Cooking/eating good food: I love producing tasty healthy meals.
    • My home and garden: I can lose myself for hours working in the garden.
    • Travel: always love visiting new places.
    • ...... I could go on all day. 😂 suffice to say, I 💓💗💖 life!
    Katla: You are so right. I've had to take my crochet back at times because I worked on them too late at night.

Ginny: That was sweet of your brother. 👍🏻 Getting rid of that junk benefits both of you.

Julie: Sounds like you had a pleasant birthday. I hope your neck is healing well. When I had my hip op, my daughter bought me cocoa butter oil to minimise scarring and it worked a treat.

Anne: 👿 On getting hacked. DH got hacked a while back. It's such a palaver to sort out.

Heather: I must look into YouTube for languages. Duolingo has become very irritating lately. I hardly ever use it these days.

Tracey: 😍Your birthday plans. Re new responsibility: if you accept it without at least a slight pay rise, you are underselling yourself. And the person who had responsibility before you will be getting paid for the work you are doing. Doesn't seem equitable to me.

Michele: Such busy days. I'm glad that you take time to relax in your pool.

Lots to do before we go out this afternoon. I have some laundry to put away, and I'm working on sorting out my wool stache. I will also prepare the veg for dinner and leave it on the timer so that it is ready for us when we come home from daughter's house.

We are going to visit our daughter and her family after lunch. We will collect our elder grandson in Belfast on the way. Our younger daughter came for coffee yesterday afternoon. She often pops in as she doesn't live that far away.

What do you have planned for today that energizes you?

☘️ Terri
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all...

Up too early, but there are worse things. No plans for today at all, except possibly a little work in the yard before the sun is fully up. Only supposed to get up to mid-80s today, so it's practically a cool wave.

Just talked to one of my many sisters-in-law (Corey has six sisters and three living brothers) online. She found my work on Medium and was happy that I'm writing again. I'm not writing much, I might add - and Kindle Vella was a bust for those looking for that link. A novel that won't be written still won't be written if you force it, apparently.

The last of the farmer's markets was yesterday, as school starts next week. Went up and talked to people, but didn't stay long; I don't deal well with the heat right now.

Happy Sunday, all, it's a languid and lazy one here.

Love,
    Lisa
  • Machka9
    Options
    What do you have planned for today that energizes you?

☘️ Terri

Today I started in on the office room! It will take time, but progress is being made.

It's been a voyage of discovery already!

I found a bin full of empty large black plastic bags!! We can use those for things like rubbish and putting shreddings into - my husband shreds all the paper, cardboard, etc. we want to throw out and we use it on our garden. And I can use that bin for something else, I'm sure ... it didn't need to house plastic bags!!

I also found two paintings which I didn't know about. My husband didn't know about them either. His sister had given us a large scrap book that was his mother's and she tucked these paintings in. They're lovely! We're now planning to have them framed.

And quite a bit of stuff is being thrown out or shredded!

More about the "Office Project" ...
    I was going to do all the other smaller projects first and then, maybe around Christmas, get to this "Office Project" but this weekend, all of a sudden I decided to tackle the "Office Project" now.

One reason is that there is so much of "office" out in the dining room and it kind of puts a little damper on having people over.
    Another reason is that there's a chance we might go into lockdown again and I'll have to work from home. It would be nice to have ample room for that.
    Plus there are legal and similar issues (such as what Kylia just mentioned a few posts above) which we need to take care of sooner rather than later.

I'm not even entirely sure where to begin.

The office room is set up with three bookshelves filled with correctly filed books (Dewey Decimal System). I did that back in 2015. There's a desk with a hutch and two 2-drawer filing cabinets and a small closet. And a whole lot of stuff!! You can barely get in there! The desk is buried, there is so much stuff in front of the bookshelves it's hard to access them. The closet is full and the area in front of the closet is stacked with heaps and heaps of stuff. You wouldn't even know there were filing cabinets in the place! Although I know there are organised file folders in the filing cabinets with older stuff in them (from a previous organising effort many years ago), I can't even get to them at this point.

That room just became so overwhelming that I set up several file boxes out in the dining room to file current things. But with university, work and caring for my husband taking up so much of my time, I ended up just putting stuff in the boxes. I do know that one file box is all my husband's medical info ... one entire file box full. That one I have organised somewhat when I put together several large documents for our lawyers. Another entire file box full is Audax (long distance cycling) stuff. Plus I've got a couple other boxes of general stuff, a small desk with a little drawers, and a under desk drawer system. Now the dining room is in danger of becoming overwhelming too.

I have a feeling I may need to do a high level sort to find out what exactly we've got ... and what can go out!

I decided to take tomorrow (Monday) off. It's supposed to be much like today ... howling wind, rain, snow down to 400 metres, etc. ... and I decided I'd rather keep working on my home office.

r5klzyvpdtg7.png

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Had a lovely 5k run with DH beside me. <3 It's so nice at that time in the morning on a Sunday. We came home via a street where most people have underplanted the trees with flowers. We think we might do that next year and start a trend in our road. I've bought some wild flower balls, which I shall give DH in October as part of his morning birthday presents. The council does not spray the streets with herbicide any longer (Greens in the majority) so it looks a bit untidy, but we can make the most of it with wild flowers. We have a tree directly outside our house.
    One poor man in Kent had done the same thing and it was much admired by the neighbours and then the council contractors came along and sprayed it! :o:o It was on our news.

I'm like Terri, I love almost everything about my life. Not keen on having to go to the dentist., but I am so glad and grateful I can, for not too much money. I count my blessings every day. So many blessings, so much joy, so many wonderful things do do, find, and discover. I am especially grateful for the books I have read that have helped me on my way.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Machka-I know what you mean about some projects just seeming too overwhelming. I think you are right to just start slowly-clean one area of it at a time. I took problem 5 different sorting times for some of my papers. One first rough sort then each one became more refined. As each layer was removed it became easier. Next big area is pictures. I hope to get many of them scanned this winter. Don't know if I will do them myself or pay for it.

Plans for the day: church, vacuum, walk at reservoir, meal prep.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Here's an interesting article. :) I think I'm a great interoceptor. DH not so much. Listening to our feedback is so important. Then we can course correct so much more easily. Right now I know I need to visit the dentist. :#:p

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/aug/15/the-hidden-sense-shaping-your-wellbeing-interoception

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, finished goat cheese, dog group,
    Bonus: over an hour grooming Tumble, ‘nother load laundry, veg prep, 40 mins vacuuming!!!
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, fellowship prep, church, council meeting, minutes, flagger course progress, figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart,; Do Your Thing, practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    August
    11: Share an encouraging news story to inspire others: never know where to find such ;)
    13: If someone annoys you, be kind. Imagine how they may be feeling: a struggle, but sending positive thoughts to someone I’m glad not to be near anymore. :}
    14: Take an action to be kind to nature and care for our planet: Told Joe about the household haz waste event next Saturday. Keep recycling.
    15: No plans day! Be kind to yourself so you can be kind to others too. Already have plans for today, will put this off to tomorrow which is wide open. ;)

BMI below 28 the second time this week… could it be a trend??? :bigsmile:

Joe really seems to be feeling better. Came out of the man cave to share some of what he was reading, just because he knew I’d like it. Was active two separate times unlike his usual one (or none). Second was while I was vacuuming. Maybe if I vacuumed more often, he’d get outside and do more??? Naaaah... ;)

Machka ditto Terri :love:ing the 50 ways… poster. “…makes me walk funny” snort! I’ll be following your office project with interest, it sounds much like mine, except the books are all in floor to ceiling bookshelves in the living room and only half are shelved in the correct order. ;) Be safe from that weather!
    Lisa ((hugs)) and thankful for your recent good days.
    Kylia so glad to hear you’re going on vacation. Could be a tipping point for your work situation… ;)
    The very happiest of belated birthdays to you, Carol!
    Luck to you and your yarn project, Terri! I feel you will magically transform those little balls of yarn into something artistic and stunning.
    Beth ((hugs))
    Pip Yogi looks ecstatic in his element. :love:
    Tracey fingers X’d for your Wednesday appointment. Brava for getting the new system straightened out, hope the big boss decides this increase in responsibility merits an increase in pay sooner rather than later!
    KJ you remind me of my favorite bumper sticker sighted in Idaho: “Caution: I am out of estrogen . . . and I’m armed.” :lol:
    Annie it is a violation, someone tried to steal from you. Pfaugh!
    Margaret how do you check security at gas pump? Here in Oregon we don’t pump our own, until recently when the law was adjusted to allow self service in rural areas from sunset to sunrise.
    Julie holding good thoughts for tomorrow’s appointment.
    Welcome @ArmindaJoanna and well done! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale?
    Allie happy birthday Alfie!
    Ginny how sweet and tender of your brother. :heart:

“Tell me what you love”
    Joe, dogs, where we live, fresh air/forest scents, walking on the beach, laughing with friends, spending time with all of you.
    Oh and chocolate. ;)

Just under step goal and way over on calories yesterday, thanks to bingewatching Heartland on DVR with wine and snacks. Saved by dog group, grooming Tumble, vacuuming and cookathon including summer green bean and cucumber salad for fellowship tomorrow. Finally learned how to cook green beans (from Re) so they’re tender crisp and keep their color. Yumm!

Tomorrow won’t be energizing, due to masking in church and council. I’d better commit to walking the dogs and chopping salal to restore my equanimity. ;)

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    August: leaner/stronger/kinder than July.
    daily: sit with Joe: 12, weigh/wii: 14/0/0; steps>6704=6085 vits=14, log=14, CI<CO=14, CI<250<CO=10, Tumble=8, Shadow=13, mfp=14, outside=18, up hill=16, clean 10=6.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD YH=1, Wed:TC=2, PW=2. Thurs: Fri:TC=2. Sat:PW=2. rX x4=2.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2!!! 8/1:141.3 8/8:140.4 8/15:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=8 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,460 Member
    Options
    9lwangtoj5ci.jpg
    💖👍 Rebecca
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    GINNY it was an ok birthday. It's not ideal being in the city this date as almost NO ONE is here and much is closed but I make the best of the lull.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Terri thanks for the butter recommendation. I have a prescription for anti-scar cream so I suppose I will use that. I don't know if I can use both. That might be iffy.

Barbara, thanks the appointment was simple and fine. Its so handy to have a nurse available less than 10 min by foot.

When I look at the original biopsy results (I haven't gotten aug 4 biopsy results) it says "invasive" which means spread to below skin. And when it's below skin that has less good prognosis. (maybe stage 2 I think). I'm not reassured. I think I'm going to call dermatologist or hospital early next week.

They really shouldn't wait a month to give me results from last biopsy I think.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,610 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    Should be starting on work project, but checking in here quickly-haha!

Carol- Happy Birthday!!!

Early holiday/birthday celebrations- My FIL always felt that early celebrations were bad luck. I guess we "should" have known that premonition when he gave us some of our Christmas gifts early in 1997. He passed away Christmas Eve early morning. Freaky.

Machka- Clutterbug Cas says start with large sort- quick and easy type- trash, keep, donate (not really applicable in office probably). I am a basket person. Drop and go. If I have to open a lid or drawer it takes me forever to get to it. I do realize that files are important for some things, ie medical, insurance, etc. But overall, I like the boxes! Good luck on your project.

Beth and Margaret Hugs continuing! You are surviving a pain that no one ever wishes on anyone.

Kelly My husband has been in a snit this past week too! Must be "MEN"stration time!

Anne GRRRR for you! My identity was stolen several years ago. It was a hassle, but am thankful for the quick thinking of several security people at 4 different places. The last one to notice and notify me was my longest owned credit card with highest availability. I closed that account about a year afterwards. My bank said to only use debit cards when absolutely necessary. They don't have the same protections as actual credit cards.

On to last page!

<3
    Kylia in Ohio suppose to be studying
  • kymarai
    Options
    Tracey- Sometimes respect and recognition are even better. Pay raise would be an added benefit for sure! I would love any of the three at work right now.......They really don't understand all I do (or my son in law does) to keep them afloat.

Ginny Unexpected gifts are the best!!!!!!

Went to car show after work yesterday. Oldest granddaughter and her friend joined us there. We had a great time! They were fun to hang with. We won a pedal car raffle....not sure why, but DH is so excited! GD and her friend are bringing it over today as it wouldn't fit in our car ;) Her friend is going to detail out my Flex and possibly the work truck. I am going to study as soon as I get off here. 2 weeks to complete studies. I hope to catch up on that and paperwork before vacation! We leave Labor day.....

The air is cool. The doors are open. Time to study- ugh! I use to love learning, but this is really boring stuffs. I love engines- not so hot on electrical or hydraulics.

<3
    Kylia in Ohio getting it done!
  • kymarai
    Options
    Things I love,
    Husband
    Family
    Home
    Cars
    Butterflies
    Flowers
    Mornings

Well blessed and try to remember that on "down" days!
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🎈❤️🟥🔴