• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    642442s5am4b2ugx.gif

Happy Birthday Julie
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,090 Member
    Options
    (((Beth))) Glad to hear taking action about your son is helpful to you <3.

For me saying it is okay to not be okay helpful. What happened to our sons will never be okay. What moves me forward is to find beauty everyday in flowers, spending time with my dog DrewB, singing...

Julie Happy Birthday :flowerforyou:
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,169 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    5uakton22k2v.png

By "vacation", I mean about 6 months off, paid of course. I'd like to be able to travel, but of course that's out until COVID gets under control.

Right now, more importantly is this "Office Project" I've embarked on and I'd like the time to do it! :)

More about the "Office Project" ...

I was going to do all the other smaller projects first and then, maybe around Christmas, get to this "Office Project" but this weekend, all of a sudden I decided to tackle the "Office Project" now.

One reason is that there is so much of "office" out in the dining room and it kind of puts a little damper on having people over.
    Another reason is that there's a chance we might go into lockdown again and I'll have to work from home. It would be nice to have ample room for that.
    Plus there are legal and similar issues (such as what Kylia just mentioned a few posts above) which we need to take care of sooner rather than later.

I'm not even entirely sure where to begin.

The office room is set up with three bookshelves filled with correctly filed books (Dewey Decimal System). I did that back in 2015. There's a desk with a hutch and two 2-drawer filing cabinets and a small closet. And a whole lot of stuff!! You can barely get in there! The desk is buried, there is so much stuff in front of the bookshelves it's hard to access them. The closet is full and the area in front of the closet is stacked with heaps and heaps of stuff. You wouldn't even know there were filing cabinets in the place! Although I know there are organised file folders in the filing cabinets with older stuff in them (from a previous organising effort many years ago), I can't even get to them at this point.

That room just became so overwhelming that I set up several file boxes out in the dining room to file current things. But with university, work and caring for my husband taking up so much of my time, I ended up just putting stuff in the boxes. I do know that one file box is all my husband's medical info ... one entire file box full. That one I have organised somewhat when I put together several large documents for our lawyers. Another entire file box full is Audax (long distance cycling) stuff. Plus I've got a couple other boxes of general stuff, a small desk with a little drawers, and a under desk drawer system. Now the dining room is in danger of becoming overwhelming too.

I have a feeling I may need to do a high level sort to find out what exactly we've got ... and what can go out!

Tomorrow is supposed to be terribly windy and horrible, so it will be a good day for indoor stuff.

41gcaes51b07.png

"DAMAGING WEST TO NORTHWESTERLY WINDS, averaging 60 to 70 km/h with peak gusts of 100 to 110 km/h are likely to develop over Tasmania during Sunday morning and afternoon, with Locally DESTRUCTIVE WINDS, averaging 70 to 80 km/h with peak gusts in excess of 125 km/h possible about elevated and exposed locations."
    https://www.weatherzone.com.au/warning.jsp?id=IDT21037

Machka in Oz
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Thank you Karen! 73 yrs young today! Was going to have lunch with son's family, but, he called and said so many people in their school system were testing positive for Covid that they did not want to expose us. Cherokee County Schools have not imposed a mask mandate. Young GD had a very bad virus last week but did not have covid.

Carol in GA
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    👋🌞💛
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,369 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes. It's just a minor eye infection, but the meds were affecting my sight. It's much better today.

I use coriander seeds (cilantro) as a spice, especially in soups and curries.

Carol: 🥂🍾🎂 Happy Birthday 🎂🍾🥂 Sorry to hear that your family celebration has been postponed, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Heather: Sorry to hear about your uni friend. It's inevitable at our time of life that we start to lose our peers. 😍 Gutter man finished!

Kylia: Not sure if they do 'transfer on death' here. I'll look into it. You must be really looking forward to your holiday. I hope it all goes well.

Machka: Many commiserations on gall bladder pain. I agree with Heather . I also had problems many years ago (not as dramatic as her attack). My MD said it was choc full of tiny little grains of sand. The pain was unbelievable. I cut out all dairy for over 2 years. The pain abated quite quickly and eventually the sand mostly passed out. I would still get the odd pain if I overindulged in fatty foods, but if I am sensible it's fine. Re: Your Office Project - We do have a dedicated office space, but I have to admit that it's not used very effectively. The dining table is often substituted, as it is downstairs, beside,the front door, and therefore, handy for dealing with Mail and suchlike. It usually get cleared when we have company, but that hasn't happened much since March 2020.
    Lisa: I can understand not having the strength to comment at times. Sending positive vibes and prayers your way for more positive energy days.

Julie: 🥂🍾 🎂 Happy Birthday 🎂🍾🥂We like to celebrate our actual birthdays quietly at home, but often have a family celebrations at the weekend before or after as well. We haven't managed that much during Covid, although that should change now that we are all double jabbed, and can test beforehand.

Now that I'm caught up, I'm off to do work. I'm sorting my wool stache at the minute. I have too many little balls of yarn that I need to deal with. Wish me luck.

☘️ Terri
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,799 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Carol !!!
    Homer is snoring.. so he is happy.. shoved the stuff in my storage unit and and now have my laundry in the dryer..
    We had a little bit of rain which will cool it down a bit we needed it..
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Terri – DH is like you. He uses his computer regularly but uses his ipad the most. We both use iphones, and I use my laptop. My laptop has been with me since mid 2009. Apple would love for me to trade it in for a newer model. I like it and it works just fine. :star:

Bananas & Julie — HAPPY BIRTHDAY to both of you :flowerforyou:

Heather – I had gallbladder surgery years ago. It would hurt like crazy, and the incidents of that pain got worse until the doctor scheduled surgery. I had only one gallstone and it was bigger than a “shooter” marble. I keep it in my jewelry box. :ohwell:

Machka – I am not a fan of tapioca, either. The texture of the little tapioca balls is not pleasant in my opinion. My mom and dad both loved the stuff. :yuck:

Peach – HAPPY 73rd BIRTHDAY! :flowerforyou:

I can see haze as I look across the river. The EPA Air quality says we have good air quality this morning. 33 AQI and 10 ozone. So far, so good.

DH is asleep and I’m getting ready to knit. I have laundry drying on the rack in the laundry room.

Have a great day!

Katla
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Carol and Julie ... Happy, Happy Birthday!

Annie ... debit cards and bank accounts that get hacked is SO frustrating to me. I know just what you mean by "knots in your stomach." Someone tried to steal from you! Even though it wasn't personal, I still find it violating.

Beautiful day here in western NY and I'm going to work bit by bit at some weeding. My bucket garden has been struggling and because I put it in the pool enclosure so deer would leave the plants alone, I have not used weed killers in that area. (I'd prefer my vegetables be poison free.) So now the weeds are overtaking things. The herbs and both pepper plants did tremendously. Cherry tomatoes are great. But the Big Boys and Heirloom Big Brandy tomatoes do not like buckets. Jury is still out on the Rutger tomatoes. The zucchini produced, stopped, and has started again. Not too many, but then, who needs a lot of zucchini?

Beth near Buffalo
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,351 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Carol - HAPPY 73rd BIRTHDAY. :flowerforyou: <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

643209sysnz9eg8y.gif
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,808 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka - My best friend’s daughter, brother and sister suffered for a few years with gallbladder issues that never showed on any tests, ultrasounds, anything. They all had the symptoms but doctors wouldn’t do anything for a long time because tests were “normal”. With each of them when the doctors finally gave in and removed them it was found that their gallbladders were actually bent over on the backside and were not working properly. Your situation sounds just like theirs.

Tracey
    Hope you get relief soon.

Interesting! I had a retrocecal appendix, that was elongated and twisted. I spent a year trying to convince someone there was something wrong! When they finally opted to do a general surgery (opening me from naval all the way down - I have quite the scar!), they discovered it.

Turns out two of my nieces have had the same thing ... could be genetic.

My mother had all sorts of gallbladder pain etc. and her scans showed nothing. Same Dr who did my appendix surgery cut her open and found that her gallbladder was full of polyps and sludge. Now back in those days I don't think the scans were sensitive enough to see those things. They say a modern CT or ultrasound should see them ... but maybe they still don't.

M in Oz

Just for reference her daughter’s were just removed last year after 2 years of emergency trips to the hospital. Her doctor recommended she go every time during an attack so they could see what was happening.

Tracey
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    va3y25c1hosc.png
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,799 Member
    Options
    Well i did take a little nap..checked the mail ,none, which means no bills yeah.....and got my clothes out of the dryer and folded.. me and the boys are relaxing
    Will feed them a little later and get them out for a walk and then hop in the shower and get ready for our nice dinner out..
    I hear this place is awesome..