WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,382 Member
    Options
    Morning all. The mists are lifting and I can read again.

Rebecca: 😍Your photos. Your bright clear eyes confirm that they are pre libation, as do the full carafes. 😂 Enjoy your visit with your family.
    Barbara: 😍The Tai Chi virtual hug.
    Machka: 😍 The 'Take a break' poster. Apart from the bike ride, I employ most of them. 😝Filing! One of my least favourite tasks, but oh so necessary.
    Beth: Ouch! (((Hugs)))

Posts: I usually use my iPad and iPhone in tandem. Read posts on iPhone (app), type comments on iPad (website). Typing on the iPhone is so fiddly. I often use the microphone, and then correct/edit.

Planning a quiet day. I will go to local shops for bread and a beef roast for tomorrow, then I will come home and sort out my wool stache. I have lots of little short bits of wool that I think I'm gonna have to just get rid off. They are taking up too much space, and keep getting tangled. On second thoughts 🤔 maybe I should crochet a multi-coloured scarf or lap rug with them.

☘️ Terri
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Thanks, Beth & Kim.

Kim, yes you can quote me on FB if you want.

Carol,

I not only like tapioca, I like cilantro.

I'm not a liver lover, though. :D

Love, Karen in Virginia
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    CILANTRO and TAPIOCA I like cilantro and don't have strong feelings one way or the other about tapioca! it's not my favourite texture but I can deal with it. Then it depends how it's flavoured, right?
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    BETH nice to see you post. I'm so sorry about what you are going through with your grieving. That sounds frustrating with the teeth. I also am getting implants this year

TERRY I'm sorry about your eye infection. I hope you feel better soon.

MICHELE I'm jealous of your kids good teeth!

BARBIE So sorry about the smoke but glad you are enjoying dancing through it.

BARBARA Thank you! Fun virtual hugs!

MACHKA I was posting on my cell phone on the train and kept going in and out of service.
    On computer I open 2 pages or just post 1 post per page of comments read, more or less. (it varies).
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    GALLBLADDERS
    that is worrisome that there are so many false negative tests!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,629 Member
    Options
    <3
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    It's my birthday today. I'm not doing anything special. It's a major holiday tomorrow so almost no-one is in town. I am rarely at home due to the timing. I had to come back to get my stitches out tomorrow! I was unable to reach someone to take them out in the beachside town and also can't swim till stitches are out. I tried to advance my appointment a day to get stitches out today, since I'm out of the bandages, but no luck so far!

I'm just gonna have a usual day I think. I thought of eating somewhere fancy for lunch, but since I ate out yesterday and the day before it doesn't really feel so special. I think I'll just enjoy the lull and potter.

Here you CANT celebrate your birthday - or anything - in advance. it's considered bad luck.
    But you can celebrate it a month or two late if you want to. I once celebrated it in October with 2 friends. it's was fun and funny. When I had a house in the country I would always have a few people over for a party, but in this city a bd party on this date is almost unheard impossible!
    I checked some really fancy restaurants to see if I could reserve for lunch but almost all of them are closed at this time of year for about 3 weeks! there are still some regular nice places, but I finally decided to play it by ear after having called half a dozen places yesterday. :D
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,361 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Gallbladder stones are one of the most painful things ever! I had to be carted off the train at Waterloo Station on a trolley, and then was taken by ambulance to St Thomas's hospital, by which time the attack had passed. They obviously thought it was a heart attack! Then they thought it was indigestion. ;)
    An x-ray was scheduled and there was a gallbladder full of stones. I already had diagnosed that for myself, having had several similar attacks.
    The operation was quick and easy, done telescopically. Quick recovery.
    I still have the jar of stones and love to show them to the grandchildren. >:) They are many of them, smooth pyramid shaped, and yellow. I was told that they had never seen anything like them!
    No after effects. I eat anything. :D

The gutter man came and then disappeared for ages to buy some hole sealer. He is back now. In addition to lowering the bill, he is going to put up pigeon spikes for free. They fell off when we had the gutters cleaned a couple of years ago. (Not him)
    Personally, I think the man is an idiot, but..... as long as the job gets done. We are not expecting rain, thank goodness.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Julie - Happy Birthday!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,810 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Julie !!
    After tossing and turning for what seemed like forever,thats what i get for taking a late nap..i finally fell alseep,im up and dressed waiting for my furry weekend guest to arrive.
    My storage area is a mess and i have to put my beach chairs and dog crate in there this morning but will get Homer settled in first..
    Alfie has had breakfast and treats in that order..anything but spoiled..
    Lisa- Oh how I wish that all this yuckiness was behind you and you could enjoy your life,I pray they get to the root of the problem..

• kymarai
    Options
    Julie Happy birthday!

Tapioca- it has been YEARS since I had it. It once was my favorite. Dont know if I still like it or not. I think it fits in the category of long ago eating. Jello salads, puddings or jellies for desserts after dinner. Eating out anywhere being a treat not the go to.

Cilantro- LOVE IT! My BFF use to say it tasted like dish soap to her.

Healthy thoughts to all especially Lisa , Machka , Terry .

Hugs to those still in the midst of grief.

Tip from our accountant regarding death and assets. Homes, cars, businesses, checking, savings, and investments should all have TOD (transferable upon death) on them. This keeps the courts and lawyers out of things. Even joint accounts can have 1/2 frozen to go to probate unless TOD on them. This would have saved us a lot of lawyer money! Some of our stuffs are already done this way. Will get the test squared away this winter is the plan. As always check state laws, but in Ohio, TOD stays out of probate and is transferred quickly. Wills are also being done this winter.

I appreciate the information, respect, and support on all aspects of our lives from all of you wonderful ladies!

Work today-ugh! But I have a job I usually love that provides a paycheck, insurance, and a truck.

Car show after work.

Cabin paid in full for vacation. Now to stay healthy and catch up on home stuffs as well as work stuffs. 20 days! The mountains are calling my name!

Kylia in Ohio where the humidity finally broke!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,361 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIE! :drinker:
    It's the same in Germany, you are not supposed to wish happy birthday or happy Christmas etc before the day.
    Paris in August. The Land of the Dead .... and baffled tourists. :p I hope you manage to find a nice lunch place for tomorrow.
    We were always caught out by the August 15th holiday when we used to holiday there in August with the kids. Feast of the Assumption, I think.

Gutter man still at it. I've never heard anyone talk so much while he is working! :#

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kymarai
    Options
    HeatherUK I talk a lot to myself while working! It is worse when trying to figure out a problem. Our scrap steel guy talks to himself lots too! My husband just talks to everyone while he is working! Lol!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,810 Member
    Options
    Homer is here, and the 2 of them are sacked out .. going to have some toast and then tackle the storage area and then do some laundry
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have ever tasted tapioca but I do know that I hate the taste of cilantro! I do like rice pudding and wonder if they are alike.

Happy Birthday Julie!

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,720 Member
    Options
    It's my birthday today. I'm not doing anything special. It's a major holiday tomorrow so almost no-one is in town. I am rarely at home due to the timing. I had to come back to get my stitches out tomorrow! I was unable to reach someone to take them out in the beachside town and also can't swim till stitches are out. I tried to advance my appointment a day to get stitches out today, since I'm out of the bandages, but no luck so far!

I'm just gonna have a usual day I think. I thought of eating somewhere fancy for lunch, but since I ate out yesterday and the day before it doesn't really feel so special. I think I'll just enjoy the lull and potter.

Here you CANT celebrate your birthday - or anything - in advance. it's considered bad luck.
    But you can celebrate it a month or two late if you want to. I once celebrated it in October with 2 friends. it's was fun and funny. When I had a house in the country I would always have a few people over for a party, but in this city a bd party on this date is almost unheard impossible!
    I checked some really fancy restaurants to see if I could reserve for lunch but almost all of them are closed at this time of year for about 3 weeks! there are still some regular nice places, but I finally decided to play it by ear after having called half a dozen places yesterday. :D

Happy birthday!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,187 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    I don't think I have ever tasted tapioca but I do know that I hate the taste of cilantro! I do like rice pudding and wonder if they are alike.

Happy Birthday Julie!

Carol in GA

The taste of tapioca is all right - as I recall it was something like vanilla pudding. It's the fish/frog egg texture ... blech.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,187 Member
    Options
    It's my birthday today.

Happy Birthday!

Here in Australia, you make and bring your own cake to share if you want a celebration at work etc.