WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Well I woke up to use the rest room and couldn't gind Alfie and he is oit in his dog bed on the couch which is unusual, he is usually stuck like glue to me.but im not going to wake him up
    Slept pretty well its almost 4 am and will go back to sleep fot a bit,im sure Alfie will be in when he gets hungry..I have to go pick up a high chair today and drop off the portacrib and pick Dan up from work.. but it will be another scorcher of a day with 110 degree weather.. so more cleaning..around here also.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    last day of 55 hours or so at the seaside. 2 nights 3 days. got up a bit later and went to the sea at 8 am not 7 am. I always go FOR sunrise but this time I went after sunrise. I waded up to my mid torso or so, in my nylon covering clothes. since I usually go FOR sunrise I don't wear sunscreen and this time I didn't but I regretted; I was out on the beach from about 8 to 8:30 and the sun was warming. on big deal I suppose. its likely not 1x 30 min at 8 that is going to make a difference. I have a lunchtime reservation at my favourite eatery. prices of restaurants have gone up a LOT all over town; I wonder if the price of fish has gone up. Some thought that with Brexit and less fishing waters that could come into play. Maybe they are trying to make up for the low business during lockdowns...

now resting for a couple of hours till checkout. then go for coffee/tea, then lunch. then maybe the stunning renovated library (with possible exhibitions to see) I was told about.

I booked return leaving at 7:30pm but could leave earlier if I'm idle. There are trains at around 4 and 5. If I go to the library 5 would be earliest I think...
    Sometimes its a bit annoying to hang around long after checkout, since one can't go back and relax and do nothing as easily. Thank goodness one can leave the bag at the hotel for the day though!! I could lie on the beach in the shade in my UV-proof leggings, or go have a long tea in the cozy tea salon I discovered last night.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I tend to walk more than usual without thinking when here. go to beach 2x a day plus walking around for this or that.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,392 Member
    Options
    <3
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Barbara- Yes, that is just for me. Small businesses don't get the breaks that large corporations do.
    Machka- I will say that I had my gallbladder out 11 years ago. Severe pain that would bring me to my knees. Luckily my doctor was in my corner. He sent me for ultrasound, it came back normal. My response was I guess it is nothing. He said, it is something and sent me for a radioactive test that looked at how well the gallbladder worked. It was really cool to watch. They injected radioactive dye into my system and set up a type of xray machine to follow the dye. After it got to the gallbladder everything looked normal (I had been fasting). Then they add something that mimics meat protein. My gallbladder just stopped. It should have been pumping out stuff, but said nope. The pain was immediate. Bacon was the worst offender, but any meat would do it. Good for you to keep investigating. I had no stones, just a none working piece of me.
    Julie That pill helps to lessen skin cancer chances, not offer sun screen. Something about ramping up the body's immunity to skin cancers.

<3
    Kylia
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    Options
    Up to page 27. Will try and pop back,later.

Flea: 😍The cookie story. Thank you for sharing your present treatment with us. You have such forbearance. (((Hugs)))and 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 So glad you had such a wonderful day hiking with your family.
    Machka; Kim: Just thinking about tapioca makes me heave. We used to get it in the school canteen, and it reminds me of frogspawn. And the texture was gross!
    Carol: 🙏🏻 Is always helpful for those with faith. I thank providence that I am one of the faithful.
    Heather: 😍 Hurrah for the ninth anniversary badge. It sounds like you live in the night quite successfully. And 2 lbs down! Bravo!
    Julie: Unfortunately it's sometimes difficult to change peoples minds about things that they're passionate about. Your sister has made a decision which to some might seem unwise, But unfortunately it's her decision to make. I can understand that you are not happy with the situation. But we all have to live with our decisions and that's the decision that she's made. It must be a worry to you and your family.

I have to say that I agree with you. There may be long term side effects, but they could be positive. In the meantime I'm happy to listen to the science, particularly as my granddaughter is in the thick of it in Oxford.

☘️ Terri
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Julie Here in the US, they tell us to avoid the sun between the hours of 10-2 as that is when the suns rays are the strongest. They do encourage us to get 30 minutes of sunshine a day with no sunscreen for Vitamin D outside of those hours. Hugs!
    Slept hard!
    Should get ready for work. Oh, got my truck back. I had forgotten how much joy I get driving my Flex. I love my truck too. At almost 70,000 miles, DH is thinking we need to trade in truck. I don't think that is a good idea because of the inflated prices. Having said that they are giving great trade in prices though! We shall see....

Hot and sticky again today. Like Allie, heat indexes have been in the 100s. It is raining though.

Safe travels to the travelers!
    Discovery thoughts for those suffering health issues!
    Remember YOU are WORTHY of good health, loving relationships, and happiness.
    <3
    Kylia in Hot, sticky, and rainy Ohio
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Kylia- I hear you on the insurance! I am still uninsured because of the high price for health insurance. It really grinds my gears that they want to charge me $1500/month for Tim and I. There is an $8000 deductible along with it. It is just health insurance. Dental and vision insurance are added costs. SO...I have not been to doctor, dentist or optometrist in almost three years. (Knock wood.) There is a direct care clinic about 20 miles away. I will be checking them out this year. Also, I am hoping to get Tim to the Born clinic, nearby (40 miles), so that they can do an exam and help him on the right path to manage his pain through the right foods/exercises.

A nice cool morning! Hope the humidity stays away! Doing the Friday dance! Whoot! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Machka- I will say that I had my gallbladder out 11 years ago. Severe pain that would bring me to my knees. Luckily my doctor was in my corner. He sent me for ultrasound, it came back normal. My response was I guess it is nothing. He said, it is something and sent me for a radioactive test that looked at how well the gallbladder worked. It was really cool to watch. They injected radioactive dye into my system and set up a type of xray machine to follow the dye. After it got to the gallbladder everything looked normal (I had been fasting). Then they add something that mimics meat protein. My gallbladder just stopped. It should have been pumping out stuff, but said nope. The pain was immediate. Bacon was the worst offender, but any meat would do it. Good for you to keep investigating. I had no stones, just a none working piece of me.

<3
    Kylia

The CT was with a dye of some sort but the whole scan took all of a minute so it was just a snapshot in time. If there had been stones or cysts they would have picked those up ... they could see the stone in my left kidney and the cysts in my spleen and on my left kidney.

But my scan wouldn't have seen how it worked like your scan did, so I hope that's the next move.

I'm not bad in the morning - it's a little sore in front, upper right abdomen partially under the ribs. As the day goes by that area gets more and more painful, and by early evening the pain has also wrapped around to the back and it's hard to sit still, it's that painful. There are other symptoms like nausea, headache and tiredness. Plus my bloodwork shows that there is inflammation somewhere.

My appetite has reduced because it feels better when I don't eat. This may have helped me lose some weight.

M in Oz
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Love to all. <3 So sorry for those in pain.

Yes, Terri, we called tapioca Frogspawn at school. I NEVER ate it. :#

Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    Frogspawn ... that's a good description for tapioca!

I remember my father tried to blend chocolate pudding, which he knew I liked, with tapioca to see if he could hide it ... blech. Adding chocolate did not help!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :) Jake loves tapioca which he calls "fish eye pudding".

B) We are having unusually high temps here this week (32 C) along with smoke from fires in BC. I am eternally grateful for our heat pump that keeps our house pleasantly cool all day and night. Yesterday morning the sun was bright orange from the smoke and we saw many people out unusually early walking their dogs.

:) So far the zucchini and tomato plants are producing just about the right amount for us.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    therapy, meditation, prayer, vaccines, and other controversial topics it nice to have the discussions and learn the different opinions and experiences we have all had. That is why I truly believe to not judge anyone’s opinions and know that what I’ve always said is true: “different strokes for different folks” - do what works for you!

Gotta go to work. Catch up more later.

Peace y’all!✌️😌

RvRita

Pg. 30 read
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Got our new pillow top bed delivered!!!! Moved our bed to the other bedroom upstairs. We now have a spare bedroom. My first ever official guest bedroom. That room is small and with a queen bed in there u get to see how small it is.

Our bed is now higher. Yogi can still jump on, thank goodness. We have a small stool to use to help us get on the bed, lololol, don’t need it, but makes it easier
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    I just admitted to myself that I probably have toenail fungus and ordered some nonprescription topical stuff for it. It may take two months to work though. This body is getting more and more flawed. But at least it's not painful nor serious.

I finally got dental insurance this year but haven't been yet. Maybe I will make that appointment today. Even though I really don't want to go.

Annie in Delaware, rebelling against medical care on the grounds of general grumpiness
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Up at 6 am. Hard to sleep with Mexican food on my belly, but I don't feel too wiped out today. Hopefully we can go walking about today.💖👍
    Rebecca
  • kizanne2
    kizanne2 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    kizanne2 wrote: »
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka “CT scan”?
    Thanks for mentioning about your lymph glands and the Pfizer vac, that explains my reaction. Olympic events? Sleeping, reading, and alphabetizing :laugh:
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

Yes ... I've got a kidney stone in and cyst on my left kidney, and a cyst on my spleen (all left side stuff) ... and a lot of pain on the right side.

My kidney stones don't show up in ultrasounds but always do on CT scans. It's high up so it won't likely pass for a while.

We don't know what the right side pain is all about. Everything is testing normal.

M in Oz

Right side pain can be gallstone/gallbladder check your symptoms see if it's a match. Or have they looked there?
    Can also be liver.

Ultrasound and CT scan show nothing wrong on the right side with gallbladder, liver or right kidney.

Gallbladder was my guess.

So unless it's something with my gallbladder that doesn't show up in an ultrasound or CT ...

M in Oz
    From what I've read most things would show up on one of those. I have read that sometimes small stones in the duct can evade imaging. Does it get worse after eating? Did they do a fibroscan?

• Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka “CT scan”?
    Thanks for mentioning about your lymph glands and the Pfizer vac, that explains my reaction. Olympic events? Sleeping, reading, and alphabetizing :laugh:
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

Yes ... I've got a kidney stone in and cyst on my left kidney, and a cyst on my spleen (all left side stuff) ... and a lot of pain on the right side.

My kidney stones don't show up in ultrasounds but always do on CT scans. It's high up so it won't likely pass for a while.

We don't know what the right side pain is all about. Everything is testing normal.

M in Oz

Right side pain can be gallstone/gallbladder check your symptoms see if it's a match. Or have they looked there?
    Can also be liver.

Ultrasound and CT scan show nothing wrong on the right side with gallbladder, liver or right kidney.

Gallbladder was my guess.

So unless it's something with my gallbladder that doesn't show up in an ultrasound or CT ...

M in Oz
    From what I've read most things would show up on one of those. I have read that sometimes small stones in the duct can evade imaging. Does it get worse after eating? Did they do a fibroscan?

Yes, worse after eating.

No fibroscan, not yet anyway. Early days.
  • Machka9
    Options
    I've started organising the house.

Daunting task!!

Some areas are all right -- it's mainly anything vaguely office related or sports/camping/travel related which looks like a huge task right now.

I did my portion of the dressing room a few months ago, so that's all right. Thank goodness. The sleeping room is pretty good. The living room is not too bad. The rest, however ...

M in Oz