WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    In Australia a number of people wear rashies to swim.

Rashies are short or long-sleeved tops or suits which are a bit thicker than swimming suits but usually quite form fitting so you can swim in them. They help protect you if you come off your surf board or from the sun.

Some examples: https://www.ripcurl.com/au/womens/wetsuits/rash-vests.html

I've got 2 short-sleeved ones but I don't think they fit me right now.

M in Oz
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    skipped library! :D just went to look at the recommended eateries, buy a bottle of water and order a carrot-celery-apple juice. (sometimes hard to get a balance of light veggies when staying in a hotel). I'd have skipped the apple part of juice, but all options had apple in them.
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Just that kinda morning!
    tv9fbch50nf0.jpg
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Im taking baby steps and doing a little at a time and and that way I'll get some done today,im still drinking cranberry juice over ice and staying hydrated and staying inside the heat index inland today will be 110 and thats not my idea of fun,so will make my grocery list and do my picking up little by little .and eventually it will be done..meeting friends Saterday night for pizza,Friday night pucicking Dan up from work and bringing him to his dads to pick something up and dropping him off Saterday but thats it for the week will have Homie overnight Saterday,Tom and Elena going to Lake George/ Saratoga overnight for Toms birthday...
    Tracy will be going next Thursday for an anatomy scan to see what the gender is for the baby.. so exciting
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Kelly -- DH and I have had two doses of Phizer vaccine about three weeks apart in March. Each dose was accompanied by a low-level headache that lasted a few days. Tylenol was helpful. We were among the earlier groups, those who were over 60. Our governor had a list of people who were in vital work situations, such as medical workers, teachers, police and those who were caregivers. I am guessing daycare providers would & should be a priority. :flowerforyou: Sorry about the loss of your tree in the storms. :ohwell:

Machka – Three day weekends sound lovely. :star:

Heather – When you reach 100 I hope to be there along with you. :heart:

(((Lisa))) -- I hope you find a way around the ulcers. :flowerforyou:

Lanette -- I am so happy to know that you have posted. I have missed you!!! :star::heart: :star:

Yesterday evening I went to a meeting with the horse group I belong to. They have adopted a county park and build safe riding trails for horse riders. I had not seen most of them since the pandemic began. I enjoyed the meeting and seeing old friends. When I got home, I watched TV and knitted the baby blanket I’ve been making for our unborn grandchild. I noticed some serious flaws and unraveled the whole thing. I have started over. Luckily, I have plenty of time to get it done before the new baby is born.

Katla
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    Julie - I can't see mine on Amazon now, but there are thousands on there, including ones with neck flaps. I look like a complete idiot in mine and DH hates it, but I don't care. :p
    My swimming outfit I got from Amazon too and it's perfect for outdoor swimming. Long sleeves, long legs. No cream needed. I needed it for snorkeling in Egypt. They are saying that suncream is killing sea life. :#

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I did get a Lon sleeve long leg swimming thing at decathlon. I tried it today in the English Channel at sunrise, it felt warmer (a bit like wetsuit) when in the water, definitely easier, but cold getting out! LOL. I figured I could try it in the day time. it protects 95% from UV supposedly, but since I didn't get my stitches out yet, I can't really swim, so it all feels a bit frustrating. I might try for sunset today. 9:30pm I'll see!! I'll play it by ear. eating at a Nice place at 7pm, in 10 minutes.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    MACHKA nice that you are counting down and looking forward to retirement.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    MACHKA i'm not a big biker at all. I go maybe 20k MAXIMIM if a friend organises rarely but it's never my initiative and I often find it a bit long. HA HA HA. I have ton tons of hiking : most of the French Camino - not sure how much that is, maybe 600 or 700 km? and a 7 days on the Appalachian, and many short hikes or day hikes in the alps, and others... BUT my foot is no go, and my knee too. I could possibly try the Camino again with very short shops and portage, but my lower joints no longer leave it reasonable for that.

AND the issue Is that I need to avoid sun! There is lots of sun involved in any hiking and biking I've done...

I'm trying to figure out if I have stage 1 or stage 2 squamous skin... and what the prognosis is for each. It's not really clear info out there like it is on many things. I'll probably call the dermatologist and or see a GP in 2nd half of august before Dermato goes on vacation in September ....

I think I'm gonna lay low at least till I get results from 2nd biopsy and excision. And maybe for next couple of years, which, apparently are most at risk.

I'm discovering shade! I'll post some pics later.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    I've been in contact with DDIL. They are all going on a long weekend camping out. Then the weekend after they are, hopefully, off to Mallorca for a week. It's been touch and go whether it would actually happen, but the omens are good at the moment. We offered to have the kids for the Friday afternoon, so they could get organised and packed. So that's set. :D Hooray!!!!!

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 34min 4sec, 3.22ap, 109 elev, 81ahr, 99mhr, 8.26mi= 722c
    Strava app = 1001c
    Walk to gym- 10.19min, .51mi= 46c
    Spin bike at gym- 35.37min, 12-15gear, 16.85amph, 122ahr, 147mhr, 10mi= 282c
    Walk gym to home- 11.07min, .51mi= 60c
    Strava app = 62c

Steps= 25,548 at end of workout

I never looked or tracked steps but will start posting them for no apparent reason
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Lisa--I have had a terrible time with mouth ulcers for over at least the last 2 years. Doctors kept wanting to biospy it and at the time I had the hives and said no. I have started putting Globetasol propionate ointment 0.05% on them twice a day and they are almost gone. Still no answers about what they are from, but glad they are going away as was so sore and open.

Katla--Sorry you had to start over with the baby blanket for your coming grandson, pray that this time it goes together without any problems.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    <3Katla sorry you had to start the blanket over again
  • kizanne2
    kizanne2 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka “CT scan”?
    Thanks for mentioning about your lymph glands and the Pfizer vac, that explains my reaction. Olympic events? Sleeping, reading, and alphabetizing :laugh:
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

Yes ... I've got a kidney stone in and cyst on my left kidney, and a cyst on my spleen (all left side stuff) ... and a lot of pain on the right side.

My kidney stones don't show up in ultrasounds but always do on CT scans. It's high up so it won't likely pass for a while.

We don't know what the right side pain is all about. Everything is testing normal.

M in Oz

Right side pain can be gallstone/gallbladder check your symptoms see if it's a match. Or have they looked there?
    Can also be liver.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    https://www.decathlon.fr/browse/c0-tous-les-sports/c1-surf/c3-top-uv-femme-t-shirt-anti-uv-femme-top-thermique/_/N-1aaeca. I got these.

had dinner out. I have one meal per day out when travelling usually. plus picnic breakfast and one meal.

it was fairly good, quite good. the atmosphere was a bit rushed for my taste. I think that's partly due to where they put me, right next to the kitchen! so I kept seeing them rushing in and out. then went to the great ice-cream place. top notch. I got 2 flavours, not huge but the chocolate is sorbet and more than 70% chocolate and he said the banana is 83% bananas. and indeed it went down well; hung out on the beach from 8ish til sunset at around 9:30pm them walked up to the low tide (a few hundred meters and hung out in a teahouse for a decaf then ..

SHOOTING STARS
    lay down on the beach (not TOO far from restaurants as it could be unsafe to be very far from humans, to see if I could see shooting starts - it's supposed to be the best day. I think I saw a couple, plus a satellite :D it's hazy so they weren't jumping out at me. Once I was an amazing persaides shower at 6000 feet altitude. it felt like big balls of color were shooting through the sky at times! not this time- just faint glimmers.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    MACHKA i'm not a big biker at all. I go maybe 20k MAXIMIM if a friend organises rarely but it's never my initiative and I often find it a bit long. HA HA HA. I have ton tons of hiking : most of the French Camino - not sure how much that is, maybe 600 or 700 km? and a 7 days on the Appalachian, and many short hikes or day hikes in the alps, and others... BUT my foot is no go, and my knee too. I could possibly try the Camino again with very short shops and portage, but my lower joints no longer leave it reasonable for that.

AND the issue Is that I need to avoid sun! There is lots of sun involved in any hiking and biking I've done...

but it sounds like you may have some future hikes or bikerides in France in store in your future.

• bananasandoranges
    Options
    HIKING
    I hiked a little
    over 600 km on the camino. 2 trips + 1 short one where I tore my meniscus and stayed put.
    b34vftm4lqw0.png
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Oooo
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Well i got quite a bit accomplished today in bits and pieces and it felt good..
    My Amazon order just came and one of the things is for the baby it is a portacrib with a changing table and bassinet already on top,figured it would come in handy for them downstairs while baby is little
    Got dressed for a bit but it mostly a pajama day lol