WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Like a couple of you on this site, I have not had the vaccine. I am not anti-vax, I just don't like putting things into my body that might not belong there. lol I have always been like this about shots and meds. Hey, I live in the "land of money is more important than people" ( I believe that is the mantra of American healthcare/pharmaceuticals). Anywho...I gave myself a fall cut off point to decide on getting vaccinated. Can someone (Machka or someone up on the vaccine facts) give me a couple of websites with FACTS. Also, if it has a FAQ section, that would be good. I don't want to hear about anything being run by politics or any political side agenda. Just COVID facts. Delta variant as well. Tim has been sending me articles, but they are full of "fears", half truths, and political ranting/blaming. I can't read any more of those. I get angry. lol

KJ - Re VAX and other virus stuff.
    I thought this site had some good info:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVBD_LZIlZ4 Very interesting take on the Delta variant, and pluses and minuses of the jab regarding herd immunity.

I am also not doing the jab right now. We live such an isolated lifestyle, plus I've been doing the I-MASK protocol for over a year- since May 2020: https://covid19criticalcare.com/covid-19-protocols/i-mask-plus-protocol/ That Complete Guide shown on the left side of the page has a lot of very useful information, including nasal sprays and gargles which research has shown to have good anti-viral effects.

I'm not taking Ivermectin but have it on the shelf here. Doing zinc, Vit D, Vitamin C, Quercetin, up to 5 mg Melatonin. My doc does prescribe IVM for exposure and early treatment. My brother takes IVM once a month prophylactically, he's in the medical field and seeing patients. He masks and does a lot of sanitizing. So far so good for him.

Additionally, I have Vit D over 50, O+ blood type, get plenty of exercise, no co-morbidities. My DH's health right now is such that I don't think he'd survive the jab. Next door neighbor's platelets plunged to 20 after her vax, she was hospitalized and they were afraid of brain bleed. Got that under control, then other blood work out of whack so she's seeing a cancer doc. Medical authorities verified it's from her J & J. Former co-worker stroked hours after 2nd Moderna. She's caregiver for her DH and hasn't been able to drive since April. She's undergoing PT.

I spend a lot of time combing through medical research, trials, reports from other countries and doctors who have found things that work. One said he recommends aspirin or similar anti-coagulant 5 days before and 5 days after the jab, but people must check with their doctors to see if that's a good idea for them. I concur.

There's so much censorship regarding early treatment. It's troubling to say the least. I don't think folks who get their main information off regular news are aware of good doctors whose medical licenses have been threatened and who have been sued for criticizing of those institutions where doctors weren't allowed to try off-label drugs like HQC and IVM during when their patients were diagnosed, and their patients died, when in other countries the hospitalization and death rates were very low where HQC and IVM were used early.

I could go on. I'm so glad to see that most of you who are vaxxed haven't had any long-term side effects and had minimal pain from the shots. I wish you continued good health and celebrate your ability to get back in the world and spend time with your families and do "normal" things again! :)

Nevertheless, I'm glad to remain in the control group.
    I realize I will probably get kicked off for bringing some of this up. I'll go back under the radar for now.

Lanette <3B)

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    ... The other time I went was when my friend shot himself in front of me and that one took me bowling to get my mind off of it. Prayer works for me now, just wish I would of figured that out first.

Vicki, I'm so sorry you had to go through that.

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    d r a g g g g g g g i n g.

made it through a day by the seaside avoiding sun.... :o
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Just gonna leave this here.........
    6njg2zbvvkoc.jpg
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Our new roof and bike rack
    c62s94r3zton.jpeg
    1vfbe2far49q.jpeg
  • pipcd34
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Short walk w/family- 54.26min, 3.28ap, 24elev, 84ahr, 100mhr, 3.07mi= 274c
    Strava app = 373c
    Other- 30min, load pavers= 147
    Zwift home spin bike- 1hr 7min 3sec, 205elev, 158aw, 65arpm, 22.46amph, 25.1mi= 468c
    Zwift app = 609c

Total cal 889
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Made a hair appointment for Friday pm. Just a wet trim (no blow dry) and I don't want much off. It's 10 weeks since the last trim and I've been getting a few compliments on my hair, so I will just have half an inch off to keep tidy. Some new hair dye was delivered today, so I'll do that myself next week. Then I'll be a neat, natural blond again. :D

Julie - I'm always covered up in the sun and swim in full UV gear, leggings and top. I also have a wonderful, black, folding Chinese sunhat, (Amazon) that really is huge. You could always carry a parasol. I used an umbrella in Egypt, Morocco and Mexico when going round the sites.
    I really don't enjoy the heat and try not to get sun on my face and chest. Occasionally I let my arms out in the morning or evening, when running. :D I wear suncream on sensitive bits, including my hands.

Much love to all. And so.....to bed. :)

Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    I always told the manager at the nudist resort we belonged to that he should install a shower with sun lotion. Then just have a trusted friend rub it in.👍💖
    Easy peasy!
    Rebecca
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »

Like a couple of you on this site, I have not had the vaccine. I am not anti-vax, I just don't like putting things into my body that might not belong there. lol I have always been like this about shots and meds. Hey, I live in the "land of money is more important than people" ( I believe that is the mantra of American healthcare/pharmaceuticals). Anywho...I gave myself a fall cut off point to decide on getting vaccinated. Can someone (Machka or someone up on the vaccine facts) give me a couple of websites with FACTS. Also, if it has a FAQ section, that would be good. I don't want to hear about anything being run by politics or any political side agenda. Just COVID facts. Delta variant as well. Tim has been sending me articles, but they are full of "fears", half truths, and political ranting/blaming. I can't read any more of those. I get angry. lol
    KJ (Kelly)

Well, Covid doesn't belong there either! :wink: One person I told about my disease and treatment actually said, "You know you're putting a lot of poison in your body during those sessions." I really didn't know how to respond. "Yep. That's right, I should stop treatment and let the mutants take over. Because that would be soooo much better."

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Went back to sleep at 4 changed masks at 7 and will be going back to sleep.I took ablook around my place and am so ashamed at how it looks will try and get it back to once it once waa a little at a time...
    Nighty night ladies
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Iiii
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Did Kathy Kaehler Basic Step DVD then went for my walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Jari Love Get Ripped 1000 DVD

Barbara – 5 pools???? That’s wonderful. The Y that I used to belong to built a second indoor pool which they kept warmer than the main pool which they also used for the swim team.

Lisa – it just hurts me to read about all you are going thru. (((HUG)))

Flea – how I wish I was there to at least make you dinner

Kim – I just measured her and Snow White is about 17 inches tall

Tapioca – I like it but, like KJ, it’s not my favorite. Vince is a real chocoholic

After exercise went to WalMart then Aldi. I’ll have to go to the other WalMart another day. Vince wants to cut the grass (weeds). He said last night that he wanted to do it early in the day since they were calling for rain later in the day. Well, around noon I asked him when he wants to go out and he said that we’d do it later tonight, they’re not longer calling for rain. So I went in the pool

Just came in from cutting the grass. I felt a few drops of rain, but I don’t think it’ll amount to anything.

Going to work on the puzzle some more. I really find that if I work for an hour or so at a time, I get a lot more accomplished.

I just found out that our pastor (who said the mass last week) has covid. I tell you, if I wasn’t lectoring this Sat., I wouldn’t go to church. As it is, I’m probably going to leave as soon as I finish lectoring. I’ll wear a mask in church and take it off just when I’m lectoring. I HATE these masks, but I’ll do it

Went for my evening walk.

Allie – what masks? The CPAP?

Michele NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Michelle- yes they sent me another mask when they gave me the Cpap machine i got the nasal pillows which have worked well..but also wanted to try the full mask which i started using tonight which I also like so i will probably alternate between the 2.
    Ugh I think i am battling a UTI or bladder infection maybe thats why i was so tired today.. ive been drinking alot of water and cranberry juice and will keep it up the next couple days have excessive heat warnings and honestly I dont want to be out anywhere in that ,and will try and get my sorry but up and moving into getting this place cleaned up .I am thoroughly disappointed in myself in letting it go,i probably should get someone in here to help me ,but has to be someone I dont know as if it was someone I know id be sooooo embarrassed...
    Im going to start with the kitchen and the clothes,and then the papers...
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I could use a sleeping vacation! Just sleeping, lazing, strolling, reading the paper, and so on.

Why don't you do exactly that?

hmmmm not sure if I love being by the seaside - my usual go to place - when I need to always be looking for shade. of course there is not too much at the seaside. you CAN rent umbrellas or shady things but it seems cumbersome...when I would normally only spend a 2-4 hours. I can find a shady place behind the restaurant or storage places by the sea... but still there is all the reflected light from the sand. Not sure if it's my place to be anymore. I may need to rethink.

Grabbed a salad upon arriving in a shady spot of course.
    I got burrata for the 1st time (I think it's a new trend- or at least I am discovering it) very calorific, so not a great choice. Live and learn. I had TWO gf pieces of cake in 2 places, (not huge- one small and one medium (not usa medium), partly because I like these 2 places and partly out of boredom! I also got a carrot cuke apple juice on the upside, and some raspberries. ate too much starch after (also boredom!) I nearly skipped breakfast for lack of time but it doesn't balance out. too tired to walk a lot today. maybe better tomorrow?
    d r a g g g g g g g i n g.

made it through a day by the seaside avoiding sun.... :o

Why don't you make it a "sleeping vacation! Just sleeping, lazing, strolling, reading the paper, and so on."?

And maybe on your next get-away, go visit Chamonix or another place in the mountains where it is breathtakingly gorgeous and perhaps cooler.

M in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    So much to say, but ....sleept in Ohio

Kylia
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    When I was 14 I started having severe pain in my belly area a little above the appendix scar I already had. I was sent for a lot of physical tests and everything came back clear, I was even admitted to the hospital for a week. The doctors didn’t believe me and told Mom and Dad to take me to therapy.
    I went to one session, the therapist tried to get me to say I was being abused. I was livid, I walked out and when Dad asked me why I told him. He said, “I believe you are in pain and we’re going to find out why”. He took me to this old, he was probably 50, but you know at that age everyone is old surgeon in town. Turned out that I had a lump on the muscle in my stomach and as I became active physically it was hitting a nerve. He removed it and I never had a problem again.

I encourage therapy though and have seen it do lots of good for some of my friends.

I have so much to share, but I’ve worked late the last two nights and tonight I went shopping with my eldest and got home late.

Soon I will!
    Tracey in Edmonton