WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    Machka--Sorry to hear about your pain. Pray they can figure it out.

Rebecca--Great pictures, love the smiles. Thanks for sharing.

Beth--Hugs!! <3

Tracey--Sounds like it is going to be a fun birthday party. Excited to see pictures.

Working 12 hour shifts today and tomorrow. They have a lady coming to church tomorrow to check out our children's program and praying she takes the job. Then I will not be teaching Sunday school anymore and I am looking forward to it. Just not my thing and I could kick myself for volunteering until they found someone.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Carol and Julie!!! <3:* KJ
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Trying to get the whole "downed tree" issue taken care of and Tim is biting my head off at every.little.thing.
    He is so lucky I am not armed!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,063 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Carol Happy Birthday :flowerforyou:

Anne yes being hacked if upsetting. It has happed to us a couple of times. I had a credit card hacked too. The advice I got about that is make sure the only the site you are ordering from is the only one open. Close all other sites. If I get ambious I also clear out my browser before I order. My credit card company caught it right away so no damage to me. Still I like you do not like the feeling and then I had the hassle of having to get a new card. It was true for our debt too. I monitor both account daily for this reason.

The credit card also might have happened at a gas station I did not normally frequent. So I check to see if port is secure at the pump.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,944 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    642442s5am4b2ugx.gif

Happy Birthday Carol

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    hello lost another long post!!!

happy birthday Carol- peaches- if that didn't go through- happy to share a Birth day with you!

lazy morning, longggggg call with a close friend at midday. hung out in "my" café reading a really newspaper interesting article about the absence of self, (and sent link to 2 people who may be particularly interested) looked around for bandages and anti-scar cream. I had a prescription but had to check many pharmacies to find one that had the cream in stock. double checked appointment to get out stitches tomorrow, since it's a big holiday. Wrote to "backmarket" to tell them that the expensive phone I bought 2 months ago barely works!!! (it's under guarantee...) the internet works and I can hear others but they can't hear me! That already started a couple of months ago but was manageable. The sound was so so but worked. I tried to get service but it didn't seem to work and since the phone functioned I let it go. now people can't hear me at ALL very often, so I had to follow up! got some halo ice cream, raspberries and bananas. After eating HALF of the halo I saw that this NEW flavour has almost ZERO protein, and tons of carbs! what a bust! (sort of false advertising) so I had a piece of tofu to compensate!

Went to pharmacy last minute then to a local restaurant that has a nice history and atmosphere but I never think of going to, and got like an appetiser of lamb and chard. I almost never eat lamb. the lamb was good (sorry you vegans, vegetarians if that upsets you, I rarely eat red meat, occasionally chicken and almost always fish when I eat out if not salad, and almost no flesh at home...) the chard ok, and a glass of honey sweetened green tea. I thought of going out still to get a bubbly water outside somewhere but was really tired and so have collapsed in bed.

I didn't really need the lamb and chard but it was nice to go out

tomorrow stitches out just before midday. maybe I'll go "plouf" (=for a swim!) after that after 10 days of no swimming due to stitches, including at the beach!

sweaty... tired....happy to be home...

I have to say I enjoy travelling less as the years go by.

I used to be like a nomad. I could travel, sleep, eat, etc, anywhere fairly well and do quite well in terms of energy-- till at least 40... these past 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 years I find traveling is a bit of a mixed bag for me! not the same boost as it used to be.

it WAS nice to get away and change my thoughts though. it seemed to help me to get perspective on a passing thing that was a bit more present than was useful!

• bananasandoranges
    Options
    thank you for all the wishes!
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    TRACEY that sounds like a good theme. I read just today that hippy style is very fashionable at present particularly at the beach in France.... (I didn't particularly notice that but I'm not very fashion oriented AT ALL)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,260 Member
    Options
    Tracey - Does that mean you will be getting a pay rise? It sounds above your grade. I would be asking for one. <3

Had delicious duck leg with roasted cauliflower. I coat the legs with Chipotle.

Then we watched another episode of Nordic Murders. It's in German. :D I'm delighted to say that, although I still need subtitles, I can understand a lot of it. I've spent most of my life intending and trying to learn German and mainly failing, so it is a great pleasure to have made such progress. My friend at junior school had German parents and I learnt a little from her. I tried many times to learn more, but found it very difficult. During lockdown, I discovered Easy German on YouTube and that has made all the difference. They have many other languages on the Easy program.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,579 Member
    Options
    Oooo
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,420 Member
    Options
    Carol - Happy Birthday!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,765 Member
    Options
    Julie - my daughter mentioned that when I told her what we had decided on for our birthday.

Heather - I don’t imagine it will come with a pay raise, however it comes with some respect from the Administrator which is always a good thing. We are a not for profit nursing home and we haven’t been at full capacity since last March so I think it wouldn’t be right for me to ask right now since I know the financial status.
    When it settles down though I really hope to get one.

Tracey
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,579 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 20min 17sec, 80elev, 3.46ap, 80ahr, 96mhr, 8.09mi= 722c
    Strava app = 980c
    Walk to gym- 11.22min, .52mi= 50c
    Strava app = 63c
    Spin bike at gym = 34.52min, 9-15gear, 124ahr, 151mhr, 17.21arpm, 10mi= 297c
    Walk gym to home- 10.50min, .53mi= 47c
    Strava app = 64c
    Zwift home spin bike- 38.23min, 114ahr, 139mhr, 106elev, 147aw, 72arpm, 13.1mi= 307c
    Zwift app = 325c

Total cal 1423

Spinner at the gym and home
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,361 Member
    Options
    Did Kathy Smith’s Shaper Ball DVD then went for my walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Yoga for Weight Loss DVD.

Anne DE –that’s terrible about your debit card. It isn’t tied to your checking account, is it?

There were about ¾ of the people in church tonight. I left after 15 minutes

I’m going to give both of the other ladies on our bowling league two of the towel toppers and a loaf of sourdough bread. For the gd of the one lady I’ll make cookies

After walking this morning had breakfast then needed to go to WalMart to get Vince a prescription. Then had to go to the other WalMart for distilled water for him. Then to the vet to pick up a prescription for Lexi, to Dollar General for another one of the tray tables, then Dollar Tree to get bags to give the ladies, etc.

Julie and Carol – happy birthday

Heather – yup, Assumption

Birthdays: We used to have a lady on the bowling league and when it was her birthday she brought a cake to bowling. Said it was a German tradition.

Lisa – sending only good thoughts

Took my nightly walk and it started to rain. Weather.com calls for it to be partly cloudy. See…

Came in from the pool and Vice grilled pork tenderloin so I had to put that away. Got dinner ready to microwave. Worked some on the puzzle then church. While we were eating dinner, made one loaf of bread, have another rising and will probably bake it tomorrow morning. Going to make one of the towels. Found Halloween towels at Dollar Tree. As a rule don’t like their towels, I prefer Dollar General’s. But DG didn’t have any

Need a shower then will work on the towel.

Michele NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,730 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    I totally forgot todayis my Alfies 4th birthday..
    He got extra treats...
    Dinner out with friends was nice... we all gave it a 7 out of 10,i had just an appetizer and dessert and water to drink,but the company was just wonderful..
    We are settled in for the night ,the pups and I..
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Julie-sounds like a good birthday. Hope neck is healing well.

Carol-73 years young sounds fabulous. Having a son be so thoughtful is a wonderful present I think.

Kylia-thanks for bringing up transfer on death. I need to get my will redone (husband and I had an old one). Won’t have much to leave but want it to easily go to boys.

Tracey-good job with the payroll issue. Even though there is not extra money, working on the fix was the right thing to do.

Quiet day. Grocery shopping. Brother who lives in town stopped by to bring me a gift. He had gone to Myrtle Beach with his daughter and granddaughter. At one of tourist shops he pick up little cultured pearl kits and a little necklace to put pearl in after you open the shell. They are called Wish Pearls. Not horrible expensive, of course, but given my brother’s finances, it was more than just thoughtful. We had a nice visit. He collects salvage stuff so we loaded some things out of my basement (he takes the copper, etc. out and gets money for it). Also gave hm a large air compressor my husband had that I have no use for (he told me his died a couple of months ago) and I had a fluorescent shop light and quite a few bulbs for it, he’s putting that in his work shop. He got treasures, some he will use some he will get a bit of cash for and I got junk clear out! Win-win.

Thinking of trading in my 2017 low mileage CRV and getting a 2021 model with the newer safety features. Since trade-ins are currently getting top dollar I would actually have a modest investment in the new car. Doubt I will buy another after this one.

Time for me to head to bed. Will finish watching pre-season football game. The Browns are on tonight.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🧡😊👋