<3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Machka thanks for reminding us of your lovely meeting story and unique path. It's great that you had those lovely years. I'm sorry that life has given some unexpected turns and big responsibilities. It's great that you still love one another.

That gets me thinking about what it means to be or not be "in love" in a couple

I
    think of
    -some friends in relationships where they say they are not "in love" and never were, but they are compatible with their SO and have had kids with them- and yet they feel torn somehow for this not feeling "in love", 3 or 20 years later.

- and others who are "in love" and pretty happy at least on that level, and it contributes to living together and going through the whole things, they still feel very happy to be together years on down the road.

-people who find their SO a bit difficult finally - for what every reason (health, mood, other) but still are "in love" and committed and it works overall.

-people who were very much "in love", but not so much after 20 years and much experience of this and that (not horrible stuff, just regular couple, family stuff - dealing with kids, money, responsibility, little spats over this and that, maybe some imbalance in responsibility...or something)

-people who are or were very much "in love" but it not working out very long term, due to incompatibility, or immaturity or lack of communication skills or something else.

- and probably many other ways of interacting in a couple around "in love"
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Sister and I sent thru some tea sets that were her husbands ex wife's. I took 2 that have larger saucers/small plates and circles for the cup. When I get them home I will take photos of them. I think they're really sweet.

Today heading into town to make copies of photos we picked out from the bunches we each had. One particular one is of my paternal grandmothers childhood home in Seattle. Very opulent, and stately.πŸ’–

My middle sister isn't joining us because her boyfriend (that's marriedπŸ˜’) has COVID. She didn't seem driven to get tested, but my eldest sis here and I told her she needed to get officially tested before coming. That, of course, gave her an out and not attend. She has a bunch of photos both of us wish to get copies of, but it will have to be another time.

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I got my biopsy results by mail but they are not totally clear.
    They were supposed to remove the hypodermis (the part under the skin, which is 2mm max I think). I asked the dr who operated me after and he said he just removed the dermis. and only removed 2mm, which is unusual and not what was planned. I asked about this. The results only say the width but not the depth. Every other thing I received specified the depth. The reason they needed to go back in was "biopsy incomplete in depth".
    In biopsy of June 25th there was definitely some remaining cancer below skin. Here they didn't say they went below skin and said they only went laterally which was really not a problem.
    Since depth is specifically in every analysis to date and omitted here, whereas I asked specifically about it, I get the feeling that they messed up the depth. I would be happy to find out otherwise.
    My guess is that I am going to get the run-around and they say: well it says they were to do depth so they surely did it", but with no documentation of that. I would be happy to find out otherwise.
    Unfortunately I have seen too many hospital mistakes to not think they are possible.

My mom had her carotid artery totally blocked and so had an operation to have it cleaned. But they cleaned the unblocked artery rather than the blocked one. She died a few months later. I can't say it was surely due to that as she was had been in a nursing home in poor physical health for at least 4 years (but remained very sharp). It surely didn't help.

I was to have 3 little polyps removed, about 10 or 15 years ago, by a very good surgeon. But she didn't have the images on operation day and only removed one, whereas it would have been so easy to remove all 3! She forgot to check or something like that.

When I was ill with something about 15 years ago, they gave me a massive antibiotic (horse pill we called them) for something else which made me massively more sick and put me into the hospital, and contributed to making me quite ill for months.

In general, when they mess up they cover for one another in the medical field, and don't admit it, for the most part.

I would be very happy to get a written document that says they removed the hypodermis, but I am not counting on that it was done or ever getting it. I hope to be happily surprised. That can happen.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Heather looks like a good time was had by all,but I bet your knackered,thats why we have kids when we are young lol..
    Texted with Tracy.. she told the people at work and her dad and i though her dad doesnt want to know the gender..
    And she asked Kyle who he told and he said everyone lol. I said if he isnt the proud poppa.. lol.. i had a dream about a name last night now I know how the kids now a days like all these odd names but Caden James has a nice ring to it but told her they could spell it Kayden so a bit different and would have Kyles first initial too.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Stats for the day-

1/2 walk 1/2jog- 46.37min, 24elev, 99ahr, 156mhr, 4.06ap, 3.18mi= 315c
    Zwift home spin bike- 1hr 32min 32sec, 255elev, 113ahr, 131mhr, 32.1mi
    Zwift app= 743c
    Zwift home spin bike- 33.05min, 92elev, 11.1mi
    Zwift app = 266c
    Both spin bike rides= 837c

Total cal 1152

I was knocked off my 4th place already, this is going to be hard to keep my place. I got back to 4th again. Ughhhh
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Our patio before
    catsocobfhvz.jpeg
    kicpgf245iw4.jpeg
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Patio is being worked on, they came today
    8g3jn1pbki5v.jpeg
    znaqez7ude1d.jpeg
    4m1ii97s5on3.jpeg
    ld2db0hhz2sa.jpeg
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Hanging with the pup and watching TV.. did take a little snooze but the alert came over my phone and i woke up and it scared the bejesus out of me .so I was wide awake..
    Didnt feel like going to the movie tonight...
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Did 30 Minutes to Fitness Plateau Buster DVD then took my walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Cathe X-Train DVD.

Anne DE – you go girl!!! Awesome!

M – happy anniversary

Rebecca – can’t wait to see pictures of those teacups

Heather – poor Edie! Hope she heals soon

pip – I know you, and you can stay in 4th place. You have the determination

Soup kitchen today then the green Room. Came home and made more fudge for Vince. I need to try getting the consistency down. Got the flavor. I think I’m pretty close now. Then went in the pool. Went for my evening walk now will probably work some more on the puzzle.

Kylia – congrats on the raise. You deserve it. Sorry about your friend. Happy Anniversary

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Yyyy
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Busy sorting and shredding notes, but now ...

ucy6x4rv9ngz.png

Machka in Oz