WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Im still awake ,found a glider rocker for Tracy for free.. just call me detective mom...other stuff she really wasnt interested in.. im trying.. going to try and get some sleep now..
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :) Leaves are turning and the wind is blowing them off. Temps are feeling more like autumn.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Beth near Buffalo - Wishing you’re the best. I hope your leg heals well. :flowerforyou:

Monday we are planning to take my car to a repair/service place to change the oil and lubricate things. Weirdly, that place called my neighbor to confirm our visit. I have no idea how the phone calls got mixed up. Our appointment is for Monday morning.

I hope they are open tomorrow so that we can confirm our appointment.

Katla in NW Oregon

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Vince put up the puzzle then we went to this one thrift store that his mother used to like, got a few pictures and we found this really neat waterfall with a wolf on it and made some donations. I think Jess is really going to like it. We just have to try it out. Then went to the gym to see why my card isn’t working. I have a suspicion that the gal didn’t activate it. It’s now activated. Then went to the ceramic place but the lady wasn’t there, someone else was so I’m going to look on their website and facebook page. She should be there tomorrow so we’ll probably go back

Rebecca – thanks for the smile

Anne DE – you go girl!!!

barbie – there are too many leaves on the ground for my liking

After exercise, I’m thinking that I need to go to WalMart since I need oil for the fish. Afterwards, we’re going to go to these ceramic places in Melbourne and hopefully the one here in Titusville.

Michele in FL
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    kizanne2 wrote: »
    Well I've been reading only can do a few shout outs but I do enjoy reading everyones life.

Carol that is a long marriage. I hope to make it there one day. I"m only coming up on 28 on Christmas Day.

RVRita I wish there was a way for him to see how his behavior is destructive. If you end up leaving he'll most likely be upset and not sure why you left.

Allie - you deserve some rest my goodness.

Anniesquats - good job. I need to even get back to something. Every step counts.

Pip when you going to over take 1st place?

Beth I'm so sorry about your horrible leg injury but how lovely that it has helped he you'd like to spend more time with your husband. I sincerely hope your recovery is easier than it sounds. Anyone can make a salad or a chicken breast. Let them start small. They can do it.

Michele wet here too. I'm hoping IDA stays away.

Heather when your book is published are you going to give us the name so we can also read it?

My update. I've been super busy at work. I've fallen down with stress eating.

I have 3 preps with some wonky software that doesn't autoupdate so I'm hand transferring grade, the kids are not prepared for the rigor of the class so I'm having to go back and teach key concepts from the last 3-4 grade levels, my admin which also messed up my preparation this summer still has not gotten the materials needed for the class so I"m cobbling together things in 3 wildly different topics. Though 1 does have a nice material set. I am calling and zooming and doing holding help sessions the best I can but I had to split them apart so now I have 9 help sessions each week becuase the Stats kids don't really want to learn Java LOL. I'm just running out of time each day but I refuse to let the kids down so I'm doing what i have to do to help them. In the meantime I was up at 3 am doing slide decks and on a zoom call with a kid at 7:45 this evening.

The last straw was the last minute meeting at 3 pm they released a schedule for some internal testing we do at the beginning of the year and they had me on the list for 12 hours of testing. Now when I agreed to 3 preps (being told the material is all predone) I also stated the would mean no homeroom and no internal testing, nothing beyond the 3 preps and state testing. At the beginning of the year they already added Graduation assurance and now this.

TLDR: Fed up applied for 3 jobs today.

Holy farts!!! There are 532.08 miles between me and 1st place, I dunno man, I don’t know if I have enough time to reach that and that is if no one rides anymore….doubt that will happen
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    So much to say but it’s almost midnight and I’ve had a very long day.

Pip - you can do it!!’n
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Barbara, with your new mattress and bedding, can you pretend you’re staying in a luxury hotel for your staycation? yup, that is the plan! :)
    Carol, I do think you should do something nice for yourself for your anniversary, another idea is getting a nice takeout meal for you and hubby. I realize he's in pain, but he still needs to eat, no reason it can't be a nice meal that you didn't have to cook!
    Tracey, payroll system, sure hope the company can find the problem and fix it quickly! What a pain!
    Michele, it's usually a veg oil in the deep fryer, when I cooked for a living it was canola oil. Oh and burgers were on the charbroiler, veg burgers either in a pan or on the flat top, although bacon would have been on the flat top as well... Bottom line, if you're a serious vegetarian or vegan, be very careful how you choose your restaurants!
    Heather, you will do fine with the kids for a few hours on your own! Altho your dh will miss being with them I'm sure!
    Debbie, sounds like a lovely reunion! Hope you have a blast!
    Beth, I do so wish I was nearer you and could help you out with some more nutritious meals! Very nice of your pastor to suggest that you not make any firm decisions until you have been reevaluated. Very nice sick day and disability package!
    Getting excited, new bed arrives tomorrow, will be sleeping on it tomorrow night, sure hope it lives up to the hype!
    It will at least be better than the one we have now, it's just not doing the job for us. Speaking of sleep, it's getting late and I have to work tomorrow, so must go get some sleep!
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Kizanne 2 - Sorry about your work troubles. The organisation at your place sounds incompetent. Looking for another job might be a good idea.
    I will tell my friends on here when my book comes out. It is going to be called THEREFORE I AM. It's a follow-up to my first one, ME I AM, which a lot of people on here have already read. That first one was about my years in London, up to age 9. The new one covers from 9 to almost 18, when I lived in Horsham, a town in the south of England, not far from where I live now.
    I used to write children's books and I have an Amazon page where you can see all the ones still available. If you are buying my adult books, also available on Kindle, I advise you to read the 'blurb' to see if they are suitable for you. They deal with difficult issues. Thank you for asking. <3

The unexpected gift for me of writing the memoirs is how much peace they have brought me. My motivation was to share my experiences, so they could help others, and wave a flag for the child who suffers. I did not expect it to be so healing for me. I also now feel much more love and forgiveness for my parents. I hope to express all this in a new Introduction to the second volume.
    The other day, my friend G said she felt I was much happier and calmer. Some of that is due to the amazing books I have been reading, but I do feel so much more 'all of a piece', instead of in pieces. The act of writing things down can take so much of the sting away. :):):)

Lovely day here for the Bank Holiday weekend. I won't be going near the beach. :laugh: Unless it's for an early morning run.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Beth - There are lots of videos on YouTube. Men beginning to cook etc. Do you have an Instant Pot? Many videos on that. Jeffrey Eisner's books have photos for every stage. His second one is for lighter cooking. There are even kids cooking. It can be fun. They could even publish their own videos of their adventures!

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Not been commenting much but have been keeping up with you all (mostly). Still no sign of my appointment with consultant about my gall bladder. I haven’t had a flare up for a few weeks, so all good. Weight up a bit down a bit, (you know how it goes)
    My daughter is here this weekend, haven’t seen her for 18months. We are going to an afternoon tea at the home of one of her friends this afternoon. She has a jacuzzi so looking forward to getting my swimming costume wet. Her friends are from school and they are a lovely group. Apparently they are ‘chuffed’ that I’m going, which is nice, better make sure I don’t overdo the Prosecco 😀😀😀
    Weather is set fair here for another week ☀️☀️
    VIV nice to see you back
    Hugs for those who need them

Stay safe

Kate UK ❤️
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline, call dog bather, start goat cheese.
    Bonus: 10 mins vacuuming, goat milk jar return, 55 mins grooming Tumble
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, strain and season goat cheese, dog group, flagger course progress, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart,; Do Your Thing, practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    August
    28: Have a friendly chat with someone you don’t know very well: someone at dog group?

KJ “…sometimes guys are dumb…” Truth this!
    Julie I can get the niacinamide at our local Fred Meyer grocery store for USD 6, and the Amazon link for USD 8 plus shipping. Here’s what I see. Maybe different prices for people in different countries? qddteu909a34.jpg

Pip WOW beautiful bay :love: the sea otters. Thanks!
    Heather your pizza sounds delish. Couragia for Monday’s big adventure ;)
    Beth thankful for your sick days and beautiful friends. Would your DH buy some bagged salad greens and pre-cut veggies to try his hand at salad making? Kinda ease him into meal prep?
    Debbie sounds like a marathon feast!
    Okie, Machka, Katla and all you limber gals, well done!
    (((hugs))) held extra long to Flea, Rori, Rita, Vicki and all who need ‘em.
    Kiz terribly long days. Good luck on your job hunt, hope the powers that be will connect the dots from their broken promises to your leaving.
    Allie score on that glider!
    Jenn brava for kayaking, Annie brava for walking!
    Evelyn really like your suggestion to Carol about a nice takeout meal she doesn’t have to cook. No one should have to cook (or do dishes) on their 52nd anniversary.
    Kate happy to see you popping in. Had to google “chuffed” ;) Enjoy the tea and Jacuzzi.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    August: leaner/stronger/kinder than July.
    daily: sit with Joe: 25, weigh/wii: 27/0/0; steps>6704=5341 vits=24.5, log=27, CI<CO=26, CI<250<CO=20, Tumble=20, Shadow=26, mfp=28, outside=32, up hill=30, clean 10=23.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD YH=1, Wed:TC=2, PW=4. Thurs: Fri:TC=2. Sat:PW=3. rX x4=3.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2!!! 8/1:141.3 8/8:140.4 8/15:141.5 :rage:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF:16 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Barbara, Thank you
    hmm that's something. here is what I find on amazon.com for the same product!
    pop6j87uujlb.png
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,878 Member
    Options
    9ayz55f74yi0.png

Distance: 27.01km
    Elevation: 121m
    Moving Time: 1:33:26
    Elapsed Time: 1:36:47
    Speed: Avg: 17.3km/h | Max: 29.2km/h
    Calories: 419

Watched our kids play field hockey.
    Bought a table.
    Rode our bicycles.
    Watching paralympics.

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I have just ordered from Amazon an old book, in paperback, second hand, called A Co-dependent's guide to the Twelve Steps. It was the last copy at a low price in the UK. Might be available elsewhere. By Marion somebody.
    I don't think I am co-dependent at the moment, but I'm sure the tips will be helpful for many situations. :D
    I know some of you are struggling with your tendency to be over-giving, and this book was recommended for those who LOVE to give. Too much. It also applies to being too helpful and not letting people find their own feet. Also how to cope when we get kickback from them when we start changing. :*;)
    Just thought I'd mention it. It's arriving on Thursday, I think.

Just made and eaten delicious soup from a previous veggie roast. Tonight is chicken with preserved lemons. Fresh beans.
    Trying to get some feedback from my son about whether he is still coming down next weekend. Grrrrr!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,878 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Okie, Machka, Katla and all you limber gals, well done!

I didn't have any intention of trying to touch my feet to my face :lol: but I do try to at least maintain some degree of flexibility.

I've always commented that I'm one of the least flexible people I know. That's probably not true ... my hamstrings and lower back are not flexible so I can't do things like touch my toes, but the rest of me is not too bad.

I find that running goes a lot better for me if I stretch a bit before I run and sometimes I have to stop mid-run to stretch too.

And with cycling long distances, I always sat up and stretched at least once an hour, and then stretched more during any off-bicycle breaks we took. And I took yoga classes for a couple years when I was doing the really long distances.

This was one of my favourite mid-ride stretches. :) I haven't tried it recently.

xx01pdx55o44.png

I also used to do several upper body stretches and loved this one, but since I had the accident in 2007 which resulted in a shoulder that likes to partially dislocate, that one doesn't love me very much any more.

tmgpkk5ychpk.png

M in Oz
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🟥🔴❤️