4"11 ladies (very short and overqeight)

Options

Replies

• shan889
    Options
    Yay! This is so exciting that there is FINALLY a 4'11 group. I definitely thought I was alone until I found this post! I was originally 160lbs, but currently I am 150lbs. My ultimate goal is 130! The first 10 was so easy, but now I am finding that these next 20 are going to be a pain in the *kitten*!

I understand what you ladies mean about the 5lbs looks like 20lbs thing. Its dreadful and it sucks, especially when you have basset hound legs like myself! Keep your head up ladies!
  • nikkizmom1962
    nikkizmom1962 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am 5' and have 100 lbs to lose total I have so far lost 18lbs and so many inches..........I work out hard almost every day but I have recently found out i am gaining alot of muscle. I have been told that in the end it will all work out and be ok. Good luck in your journey and keep up the great work............
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Yay! This is so exciting that there is FINALLY a 4'11 group. I definitely thought I was alone until I found this post! I was originally 160lbs, but currently I am 150lbs. My ultimate goal is 130! The first 10 was so easy, but now I am finding that these next 20 are going to be a pain in the *kitten*!

Lol!! Me too!! I was about 160 when I started and now I am stuck at 148!!! It pisses me off so bad, but I am a shortie too at 5'1" and 3/4 (yes I do need those 3/4)!! It's nice to see that you are also with a tall man to balance out your shortness, my man is 6'1", yep thats a full foot taller sorry just thought it was nice that I am not the only one who still can't kiss her man without him bending down even with 5 inch heels!!
  • LaSweetMini
    LaSweetMini Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Im 4'11 and my starting weight was 198...current weight is 164 and on my way to 120!
  • nichole1027
    nichole1027 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am right here with you all too. I am down for challenges if anyone wants to start some.
  • jessicaadair
    jessicaadair Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11 too!! I started at 141lbs and am at 123. . . BUT hope to be 111 when it's all said and done. My sister and I weigh the same but since she is 5'3 or 5'4 she looks thin and I'm the FAT sister!! It's just not fair, but I do love that we can date all kinds of guys and they are always taller!! Good Luck everyone!
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Fellow shorties,

How about 3 lbs a month as a goal? The closer you are to your goal the slower it comes off.I lift 3 times a week , it does make a difference. The scale doesn't show change quickly but clothes are not so tight anymore. Feel free to friend me, I am 44 and the weight comes off slower as you get older.:mad: I keep at it since I have 4 kids and need to be healthy.:smile:

Gina
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone...just stumbled across this post. I'm 4'11, currently at 118 started MFP at 125. So I've lost 7 pounds since I've started here. I'm looking to lose at least 3 more pounds. But mainly want to slim down my thighs. They're the biggest part of me as a lot of you know!
  • fraanncciiss
    Options
    I started out at 215 and I'm down to 189 now Woot! :)
    But at first I was loosing lots of fat in my midsection (which is where I hold it all :grumble: ) and then now I'm noticing that my waist measurements are slowly creeping back up...! Is that weird? I feel like I haven't lost any inches since I weighed 195 :sad:
    Has this happened to anyone else? Maybe it's "muscle build up". I've read so much on the topic and it's all so confusing now.
  • hsquared87
    Options
    I am 4'11 and 3/4ths. I really would give anything to be just 3 inchs taller because the weight I am at now would look slim. But If I was taller then I would be average and no one wants to be average. I do a lot of strenth training becuase I found doing cardio wasn't helping me lose at all and when I picked up just plan old body weight strentgh training the inches just started melting off.

ViVA LA SHORT!

Add me I am always looking for motivating friends
  • MissD89
    MissD89 Posts: 102
    Options
    I'm almost 5 foot ;) and currently have a 30 pound mission ! 115 is my goal. 110 is my ultimate goal.
    OH, and I totally know what you mean. It really asucks because being so short, our weight is more compacted and is so abviously shows. I look like I weigh more than certain other girls who are taller than me with the same weight. Also, my boobs arent big at all so my gut is the main attraction . lol. ugggh. What I wudnt give to be just a little taller..and maybe some bigger boobs. lol. but, I do like being short. Just have to get down to a right size. =) Good luck to you!
  • Jackievsg
    Options
    Yep I am 4' 11 and 1/2... was 207 now 175
  • justanotherteenagemom
    Options
    hey! 5'2 here. started at 160, highest weight was 190 (right before i had my daughter). my goal weight is 120. not doing so hot lately. :/
  • MissD89
    Options
    Don't worry there's a bunch of us on here. I claim 5'0 but I'm really 4'11 3/4inches lol. It sucks because not every diet works for us because of it being based off the average. Not every exercise is as easy for us because we have shorter strides but mtp has worked really well for me. You can do this.

It doesn't matter how much dog there is for the fight, it matters how much fight there is in the dog. And us short chicks have got more fight than anyone could ever know!

I like that last part! ;)
  • spearssusan
    spearssusan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, well i am shocked so many of us are short i have in the last ten yrs gradually gained more and more i have only done one diet but i did it 4 times it works but impossible to stay with forever (adkins) and everytime i go off it i gain little more than before so i wanted to stop this and change my story to where i dont look back and say i have been doing this for yrs i want to do it and do it right which is eat right and excersize and when you excersize begin to love the sweating and the breathing hard and wanting to cry cause like my instructor on my dvd says if you quit when your body wants to then your body HAS NO REASON TO CHANGE and i realized and knew it was only going to get worse and i was tired of being tired i checked my heart rate and pulse and things and i was prehypertention (sp not sure) not after eating right and hard excersize a month and a half later i am well under in the normal range healthy range i could not believe it so i will never go back cause it was scary seeing how fast i was going down hill i mean i was feeling like i was old and i thought this has to change so i have and i feel soo much better and i am excited about how i am going to feel and my cloths are starting to fit again so i am glad to read your stories lets do this!!!!
  • MissD89
    Options
    I'm down for any challenges!! SHORTIES RULE!!! ;)
  • preciousperez
    Options
    3 lbs in a month I am in starting today anyone?
  • midnight8
    Options
    I'm in!!! Let's rock this place! I'm an adorably 5'1" and 30lbs. I've never been 115 or 110, but who says you can't dream?!? The pounds ore coming off like frozen honey, but patience is our key outa here. Keep ur chins up ladies (: the pounds in October here we come!
  • MissD89
    Options
    totally in! 3 pounds by October 14
  • BrownSugar81
    Options
    I'm also 4'11!! I would love to join a shorties challenge...
    Who is starting the group?
    I would love to get down anywhere from 115-120 lbs.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!