What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Did 11K meters today on the rowing machine. Slow (around 2:36 pace) but I was really concentrating just on three things -- a higher Drag Factor (116 today, high for me), keeping HR lower (under 75% max) and form. I also wanted to get a longer distance in because this month's club challenge is rowing a one hour TT. Haven't done that in a LONG time so not really looking forward to it. And the other competition is a 12 minute TT, so nasty stuff this month.

Polarization right now is the key for me not ending up hurt or sick. Keeping the hard days as hard as I can muster and the easy ones easy. Even today was higher HR than I'd like. Ideally would like to get to the point where all my steady state days are 70% of HR Max or less.
  • JReeves711
    JReeves711 Posts: 2 Member
    Rowing for 30 min using Apple Fitness +
  • kenziestabes
    kenziestabes Posts: 338 Member
    30 minutes walking around the neighborhood, 2 mile "jog" (.25 warm up, .25 cool down, 1.5 jogging), a plank, and general stairs/walking the dog stuff.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    edited September 2021
    Ultra-easy pace bike ride, just over 10mph on the hybrid, mostly Z1-2, just a little Z3. Garmin said 20.7 miles, but I lost around 1-1.5 miles when I paused it for a water break at a park, forgot to start it right away when I resumed riding. Nice day - a little cooler, upper 70s F, less humid - so I left earlier and paced myself to go a bit further than recently, for a little variety.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Recovery type week this week. Easy long run today. Went out for 100 minutes using a 4:1 run walk approach that I plan to follow on race day.
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    A 45 minute run and laps in the pool
  • MMark2012
    MMark2012 Posts: 142 Member
    30 minutes Les Mils squats, back, triceps, biceps and chest exercises. 20 minutes High Intensity aerobics similar to HIIT Step, and 20 minutes regular step aerobics using Jenny Ford.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Morning ride - 16.26 miles, 13.4 mph avg, 73 minutes.
    Yesterday did 50 push-ups after the morning ride.
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Ran 3.5 miles today. More of a recovery run - slower pace...
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    Rowed just under 8.8k in the bow of the quad. Still letting others carry my piece of the 40'-ish boat (sigh); I'm only carrying singles and oars.

We made a couple of loops upstream of the boathouse, loosely between boathouse and the upstream bridge, avoiding the area downstream of the boathouse we'd usually use, because the university ski club was on that part of the river, using their buoy course. (We usually row a circle, boathouse to upstream bridge to downstream bridge, and back.)

That's all I have planned for today, but ya never know . . . .
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,100 Member
    Today a run of 6.25km in 49 minutes.

I don't usually run several days in a row, but I'm playing catch-up and furthermore I'm leaving on holiday for three weeks on Sunday. We'll do lots of walking, but probably not much running or strength training possible.
  • MikePfirrman
    edited September 2021
    You all inspire me daily.

Hard workout today. Did 8 X lifting superset (which includes all compound movements -- legs, shoulders, chest is the common theme). I hit all 3 without rest and then let the HR drift down back under 120 or so, go again until I hit 8 sets.

Then I did 3 X 2K on the rowing machine, using a DF "waterfall", going higher DF than normal, like 150, down to 140, then 130, ideally rating up (more strokes per minute) on each one. Not that fast, because of form, already elevated HR from the lift and higher DF, but all three were around 2:16 to 2:18 pace. Took 90 seconds rest between rows. HR hit 93% max on the last one.

950 some calories on the hour workout.

Will tread around the pool tonight and take tomorrow off except walking the 3 dogs, which can be exercise depending on how my two Great Pyr mixes act! Combined, the 3 dogs weigh more than me and are a lot stronger!
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    5gvfdxgwezhv.png
  • MikePfirrman
    edited September 2021
    30 minutes on the rower, then 30 on the LateralX. All under 80% max and the last half all under 65% max.

Heading out to Tubac, a cute little border town near Mexico that has amazing shops. Might go have lunch at Tubac Country Club. If you're a golf fan, it's where Tin Cup was partially filmed (the scene where in the qualifier he kept hitting it in the water). They built a water hole just for that movie. It's also right next to a cattle ranch, so you'll see longhorn steer and cows right up to the greens, with small fencing, it looks like they are on the course!
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    I have been on a week long scuba trip to the remote North-West of Scotland. It has been superb. I have got a number of hikes in as well.

Diving is over now; I now have three days' hiking before heading back.

There was no internet or mobile reception at the cottage. It was relaxing, although I have now moved to a hostel with both.

• mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    Getting ready for my easy Sunday 30 min jog… 97 degree so doing treadmill… may do some yard work as well after since I’ll be nice and sweaty so a hat and some water. Charged up with some fresh watermelon…
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    edited September 2021
    mrmota70 wrote: »
    Getting ready for my easy Sunday 30 min jog… 97 degree so doing treadmill… may do some yard work as well after since I’ll be nice and sweaty so a hat and some water. Charged up with some fresh watermelon…

Well I lied… well at least the workout worm lied… decided that 30 mins wasn’t enough went for a full 45 min jog… a little over 4.1 miles…
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Satuday, did the yardwork and other honey-do chores

Sunday was an active rest day with the weekly shopping trip and house hold chores

Today - rode 20.94 miles @ 13.6 mph average to start the day... we'll see what the rest of the day brings.