What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hangboarding.
    This was a weighted hang session. It was disappointing. I failed to get 12. 5 kgs added ,- my PB is 15kgs

Oh well, tomorrow is another day. I cut the session short after a few goes revealed how far off my best I was.

My hypothesis is that grip strength is materially adversely affected by fatigue. I had a few nights of 5 hours or less sleep in a row.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Rest day 🙌🙌🙌 just lots of walking. It’s beautiful out.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Walked for 60 minutes.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Perfect weather for a bike ride this morning. Took a scenic route and felt very good during the ride. Covered 35 miles in 2:03:00, a 17.1mph moving average.

Now its time for yard work. :)
  • GetHeroFit
    GetHeroFit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Day 7 of Darebee's Foundation Light workout at level 2. And casual walks around the block as I feel up to it/as weather permits.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    4.25 mile run. I took a month or so off of running and it feels good to get back into my routine.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Walked 17km today. very nice walk in the countryside with not too warm weather.
  • memoraki
    memoraki Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My workout today was one hour of strong flow yoga arounf 1pm but then I was feeling a bit down around the evening so I went for a 30 1minute interval run.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Sat 5/16 (all cardio today)

MORNING
    11 mile mountain bike, vigorous with many inclines

AFTERNOON
    32 min spin bike

EVENING
    50 min brisk pace walk

I should sleep good tonight!
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Second half marathon ever. Went better than I thought it would. Won't be in a hurry to do another!

unk9lt4bxest.jpg
    uenfiee512wf.png
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Legs and ab circuits today. 30sec rest between sets and 1 min between circuits. Short tears humbled me again. Here we go:

Warm up (glute activation) all items 2x15
    Frog pump
    Clamshell
    Lying leg kickback
    Fire hydrant
    Donkey kick

Squat 2x16
    Crunch up w leg lift 2x20

Squat w elevated heel 2x7,9
    Russian twist 2x20

Summo squat 3x8,10,8
    Tow tap 3x20

Bulg split squat 3x13

Weighted side bend 3x12

SL hip thrust 20lb 3x6
    SL banded hip thrust 3x12

Calf raises 3x12

Sit up 3x20
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Sun 5/17

MORNING: 11 miles on mountain bike trails with many inclines, vigorous
    32 chin ups, 102 push ups (both in sets to failure)

That's it for today!
  • GetHeroFit
    GetHeroFit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Day 8 of Darebee's Foundation Light workout and casual walks around the block with the hubbs to stretch. 🚶🏼‍♀️
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Starting to work out again. Ran 3km, a bit faster than I wanted to be honest. Still enjoyed it.
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Just walking and some light upper body weights the last two days. Just keeping moving, nothing strenuous. Will get back to the usual tomorrow.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I intended to have a day of cardio. But I felt really good, and so re-did my hangboarding day from a couple of days ago.

I did an hour's yoga in the morning. I had an afternoon walk.

I hangboarded in the evening, and matched +15kgs PB. I was close to +17.5 - it's a success when I hand for 5 seconds or more, and I managed 4.

I then threw a kettlebell around for a bit - 3 sets of 5 goblet squat (32 kgs) and 200 swings (28 kgs).
    drmwc wrote: »
    Hangboarding.
    This was a weighted hang session. It was disappointing. I failed to get 12. 5 kgs added ,- my PB is 15kgs

Oh well, tomorrow is another day. I cut the session short after a few goes revealed how far off my best I was.

My hypothesis is that grip strength is materially adversely affected by fatigue. I had a few nights of 5 hours or less sleep in a row.

• MikePfirrman
    Options
    I intended to have a day of cardio. But I felt really good, and so re-did my hangboarding day from a couple of days ago.

I did an hour's yoga in the morning. I had an afternoon walk.

I hangboarded in the evening, and matched +15kgs PB. I was close to +17.5 - it's a success when I hand for 5 seconds or more, and I managed 4.

I then threw a kettlebell around for a bit - 3 sets of 5 goblet squat (32 kgs) and 200 swings (28 kgs).
    Hangboarding.

You're getting strong with all the KB work. Underrated workout! A 28kg KB (62 lbs) is over 1/3 your body weight, isn't it Matt? To do 200 of those is no joke! And the goblet squats as well. Nice workout. Congrats, too, on your hanging workout being better.

I was supposed to do weights last night but thought (after the half marathon) I'd move to tonight and switch my lifting days back around. I have a 24kg KB that I'm getting used to again, but couldn't get to 200 swings!
  • MikePfirrman
    Options
    Super easy AM row this morning. Did a great job of keeping the HR at 135 or below. Only did 45 minutes (around 9200m I think). 2:27 pace on the first two splits, 2:28 on the third. Best job of controlling HR to UT2 zone in a while (moderately easy aerobic).