WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,494 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, finish board meeting minutes, dogs to powerline, log into derm’s portal and update rx, recycling, load bottles in car,
    Bonus: veg prep, review firetruck transport contract.
    Get to do: take BP, finish packing bag, GP BottleDrop, Medford Derm, JCP, GP Winco, Medford TJs & Natural Grocers, dogs to powerline, call pc guy to schedule tuneup, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart,; Do Your Thing, practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    September
    15: Find a coping, calming phrase to use when you feel low: “… Thou hast holden me by my right hand…”
    16: Leave positive messages for yourself to see regularly: “…beloved child of God…”

‘nother low step day but CI<CO thanks be. Just skimmin’ as time to get going on my Medfort junket. Hoping the little something on my mouth turns out to be nothing. Will be reading on my phone so not responding much the next few days.

KJ "wanted to smack" your dh for leaving you alone at the party. At first I laughed, then sent ((hugs)). So telling. :cry:
    Julie Glad you got that video off your list. “clear communication is key”, “clear about rates” and “have no space in my life for tempermental MDs” Truth!!! Sounds like her practice emphasizes aesthetics more than cancer/medical treatment.
    Heather :love: the sea like silk pic. Reminds me of the view from commuter bus back when I worked in SF.
    Karen “Meetings are deadly. Period.” :laugh: Truth too! One of the many joys of retirement is that I now have only two meetings a month, both by choice and only one in person.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    September: leaner/stronger/kinder than August.
    daily: sit with Joe:16, weigh/wii: 15/0/0; steps>7222=3689 vits=14, log=14, CI<CO=13, CI<250<CO=8, Tumble=13, Shadow=14, mfp=14, outside=16, up hill=14, clean 10=8.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=, Wed:TC=1, PW=1, Thurs: TC=5mins, Fri:TC=1.33, Sat:PW=2, rX x4=2.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/5:140.2 9/12: 9/19: 9/26: 9/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=7, play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,932 Member
    Options
    :) When I meet my friends, it is for a walk. I won't sit and talk or meet for a meal or beverage. I frequently attend meetings on Zoom using my phone with my camera off and take a walk or work in the yard during the meeting. They are not meetings for work, so no one can fire me for having my camera off.

:) When asked to do something I don't want to, I say, "Sorry, that won't work for me."

:)Meetings are deadly The last few years I work, the administrator had this bright idea that we should sit in a circle facing each other without tables so there was no place to put a beverage or your elbows or a notepad. Those meetings were extra deadly.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options
    x2he1o4ynxu5.png

I'm beginning to really love rest. :heart:
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    <3
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💗
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,234 Member
    Options
    I grasped the nettle and got started on my new tablet.
    NOT easy and worse than I expected because the two tablets, old and new, refused to recognise each other and sync. Then they did and I breathed a sigh of relief, but it cut out again and it was a d.... of a job to get it started again. Restarted the tablets, reloaded the Switch apps. Eventually, after many tries it caught on. :#
    That bit worked OK in the end, but there was a lot of housekeeping to do with passwords and security checks. Finished most of that. :#
    I still, haven't transferred my microcard, but that can wait. My next post will be from my new tablet.
    Feeling relieved, but it got a bit panicky there for a few moments. :sad:
    But, I DID IT! After much procrastination and a sleepless night.
    Soon it will feel like this old tablet. :D Double the memory, so I've been able to put a few apps back on that I had to delete from my old one.

Now off to row.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Watching a Zoom tonight about changing the law on assisted dying. The doctors voted yesterday not to oppose a new bill.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Kim ~ I am the "self created" stress down to the T. I get anxious about anything and everything not a part of my usual routine.

Carol in GA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbara – I envy your walk to the powerline with your dogs. Bottom line is that I miss my own dog. He was a sweet old boy and his death was/is still heartbreaking. We have not gotten another dog because of upcoming travel obligations. We are hoping to adopt a new puppy around the first of the year. Wish us luck. :star:

Katla
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,755 Member
    Options
    Barbara ... the Psalmist certainly understood where his comfort came from ...

Bananas ... ditto what Karen said

Vicki ... it was a dream ... hugs.

Stress ... sleep, adherence to routine ... these things have helped me keep self-imposed stress to a minimum. Learning how to respond to stress outside of my control has taken a lot of practice ... and faith.

Beth near Buffalo

• kizanne2
    kizanne2 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    89pq59m7nobi.jpeg
    di4jempuwfhj.jpeg
    90oockx1x41c.jpeg
    5rbdznnr5bif.jpeg
    ljkfg4wevsc1.jpeg
    Went to visit our financial guys home for dinner. He has. Full fledged/stocked bar in his shop and collectsrepairs jukeboxes and signs which all work! We were playing great music like in the 40’s, and Ella Fitzgerald, Benny Goodman, Andrew sisters, etc, it was fun

I love vintage pinball. You know there is a place in Vegas that has several machines.