Stay-At-Home Moms 3/9-3/15

Options

Replies

• tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    Yeah the weekend is over it was a nightmare trip as although did get to do go shopping but father in law drove me crazy I left him with his new puppy in the car and said to him you need to sort him out he hasnt pooped all day so when I came out of the store 20 min later he was sat cuddling the puppy and 10 mins later it pooped in its cage and stank out the car so in the rain we had to clean up the mess yuck.

Ate pizza at pizza hut had 5 slices (they werent big slices) instead of the 4 I had counted in but the worst was when I was shopping I desperately needed a coffee and had no english money (the isle of man has its own currency) so I needed to use my card and ended up buying a box of delicious looking cookies to make the amount up so they would accept my card had good intentions of giving them to my father in law and hubby who were waiting with dogs in the car I crumbled and ate 5 cookies I was so tired from lots of driving I really needed the sugar hit. Oh well it was one day.

Got back on the ferry early yesterday morning 4 1/2 hours from 2 in the morning til 6 ish at a gale force 8 crossing so didnt sleep I was too worried about my dogs in the car deck it was very very very rough seas. So I slept yesterday morning and ate chips and popcorn in the afternoon and some dark choc one of those days felt crappy this morning though so didnt workout switched my rest day from wed to today I really needed the rest today. Really will get stuck in tomorrow and the rest of the week.

Lost 4 lbs last week though gonna work my *kitten* off this week to see if I cant match it again. I bought some pants in the sale in Jan and they were tight when I got them home but the fit nice now so hopefuly soon they will be baggy soon.

Happy monday all
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'll take all 3 of my kids being sick ANY day over my husband being sick. *eye roll* What a flare for the dramatic they seem to have! Glad you're all feeling better, Sandy!

Aint that the truth!! & .... thank you!! :wink: :wink:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    So true...men.
  • wilted6orchid
    Options
    We had a good weekend. We'll have to see how today goes. I am supposed to be taking the babies in for shots...maybe I'll put it off until I'm done with all the shopping for the week. I probably should be home with them after shots. They may want to cuddle a bunch that day...or they may surprise me and be running around getting into trouble like usual.:wink:
  • wilted6orchid
    Options
    That happens to everybody at least once right? Where you double click by accient...:laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Just jumpin in so that I can come back and catch up later....while scrolling I saw new faces. Welcome Newbies.

I also noticed Marla's lovely face and Beth is back yippee!!

Thanks Sara for starting the thread again :smile:

I woke up late (WAY LATE) so I'm running behind already...or maybe not. Maybe I'll just go back to bed and call it an off day.

Be back laters!
    :heart:

I dream of going back to bed one day. :yawn: Glad you got up & got your booty movin', Lyn!

Tazzy - That weekend sounds like a NIGHTMARE! yuck! Good luck meeting your 4# goal this week! that's a lot of weight!

Orchid - Double posts happen all the time. :laugh: My kids are always super cranky after shots so I know how you feel about wanting to put it off. They just get CLINGLY! BAH!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    :grumble: :explode: :angry: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: okay-- popping in for a quick scream....

I've been at my desk since 7am typing my @$$ off-- and every job has been filled with the most blithering, stuttering fools God ever had the MISTAKE of creating!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! :explode: :explode: :explode:

I'm tired. I have a headache. I want to go back to bed. I'm missing deadlines. Hubby still sick in bed. My motherless children are wandering aimlessly.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :mad: :angry:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    :grumble: :explode: :angry: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: okay-- popping in for a quick scream....

I've been at my desk since 7am typing my @$$ off-- and every job has been filled with the most blithering, stuttering fools God ever had the MISTAKE of creating!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! :explode: :explode: :explode:

I'm tired. I have a headache. I want to go back to bed. I'm missing deadlines. Hubby still sick in bed. My motherless children are wandering aimlessly.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :mad: :angry:

OH you poor thing!! Hang in there!!
  • abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    Options
    Hey Mommie,

I have been having a bad time with depression lately and am finally getting back up and moving. I went and saw my doctor and he upped my med's and it helped. I also have a friend at church that got out of her walking routine and was wondering if I would start doing my Walk Away the Pounds dvd with her, so when I pick kids up from school we go to the gym and do the workout (she is a teacher at the school). I have done awesome since we started a week ago.

Just wanted to let you all know I am still around. Although it is getting quit muddy out here on the farm hope I don't sink in the mud:laugh:
  • RAS_ARMYwife
    Options
    Hi ladies. Im new to mfp and to this thread. I am a SAHM to 2 boys ages 3 and 2. Im just starting out as you can tell by my 0 lb weight loss lol (if my ticker is working) So just wanted to say hey. Cant wait to start losing.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Marla - *hugs* I hope things calm down for you soon. Get better, Marla's hubby! Do it NOW!

Abetterme - Glad you didn't disappear completely! I really hope the med adjustment helps you out some. Oh, also...don't sink! Ack! That mud can be a pain!

RAS - Welcome to the group! I hope you have great success using this website & I'm looking forward to getting to know you on this thread, too!
  • tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    Had a big heart to heart with hubby over his vasectomy and my reservations and he has agreed that if it is meant to be we can try once to get pregnant before he gets it done on the 3rd Apr and maybe a couple of times in the window straight after and if it was meant to happen it will if not then thats it for us we will stick with 3 he is cautious about having 4 kids I am not I suppose if thats all he will agree to then so be it pray I get pregnant first try I usually do plus I havent been on birth control pills for 4 years so it means we can get started asap fingers crossed. If I do get pregnant I can still lose weight and look my best for my hols as the most I would be is 13 weeks still able to ride the rides at disney and not too big either.
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi! I thought I would jump into this thread...I am a SAHM, although my kids are all in school (DS12, DD10, DS7). I am STILL trying to lose baby weight from my last child! I can always drop 5 pounds or so fast, but in the past that's where I have hit a plateau and quit. But I always did fad-type diets, so I am hoping MFP helps me to get past the plateau!

Tazzy - I just have to say real quick - please rethink the vas (if you hubby is willing). If you are having doubts now, you are going to fall apart after it is over! There are LOTS of birth control methods that work that aren't permanent. We were in your situation and had a vas reversal and it didn't work and it was the WORST few years of my life. I have moved past it now but I hate to see other people go through this. It was super-hard on my marriage! (OK - totally ignore this if I am butting into your business. I am not trying to offend! I just would hate to see someone suffer the heartbreak I did!)
  • Venusjems
    Venusjems Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.. I am pretty new to this site, and just found this thread and would like to join up. I am a stay at home mom to a 5 month old and a 14,12,10 yo step children that live with us.. And plan on having a few more!! I work from home, i know i am very fortunate to be able to be at home with my baby and still have somewhat of a career and be able to contribute to the family income.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and having you as a support system!!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Had a big heart to heart with hubby over his vasectomy and my reservations and he has agreed that if it is meant to be we can try once to get pregnant before he gets it done on the 3rd Apr and maybe a couple of times in the window straight after and if it was meant to happen it will if not then thats it for us we will stick with 3 he is cautious about having 4 kids I am not I suppose if thats all he will agree to then so be it pray I get pregnant first try I usually do plus I havent been on birth control pills for 4 years so it means we can get started asap fingers crossed. If I do get pregnant I can still lose weight and look my best for my hols as the most I would be is 13 weeks still able to ride the rides at disney and not too big either.

Good luck, Tazzy but I'd listen to what writer4him has to say also. If you have reservations about it now..well...I'd hate to think what your feelings would be on it if you DON'T get pregnant, kwim?
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Hi! I thought I would jump into this thread...I am a SAHM, although my kids are all in school (DS12, DD10, DS7). I am STILL trying to lose baby weight from my last child! I can always drop 5 pounds or so fast, but in the past that's where I have hit a plateau and quit. But I always did fad-type diets, so I am hoping MFP helps me to get past the plateau!

Hello & welcome to the thread! Even if your kids ARE in school, you are STILL a crazy, busy woman I am sure! MFP is great for keeping you accoutable to what you do each day & I am confident that it will help you get past the first 5 pounds! Good luck to you!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Hi everyone.. I am pretty new to this site, and just found this thread and would like to join up. I am a stay at home mom to a 5 month old and a 14,12,10 yo step children that live with us.. And plan on having a few more!! I work from home, i know i am very fortunate to be able to be at home with my baby and still have somewhat of a career and be able to contribute to the family income.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and having you as a support system!!

Oh, what a CUTE baby! I could squeeze that little face! You sound like you have a very busy life! Good for you for being able to work from home! Good luck to you in your fitness goals & welcome to the thread! :flowerforyou:
  • Mommy2Girls
    Mommy2Girls Posts: 100
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Hope everyone had a good start to the week. Well just when I thought winter was finally gone for good, we got more snow last night :mad: but it did warm up enough that I was able to get the girls out for a 30 min power walk and just after I put them both to bed tonight I was able to fit in another 30 min on the treadmill. So I am feeling as though I accomplished something today!!

I am hoping this is a good week and praying I lose another few pounds!!
  • Venusjems
    Venusjems Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hate to brag but we had 80 degree temp here... Couldnt imagine snow!!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    just popping in!
    managed to clean the house today and do a workout dvd. :happy: last time i tried that dvd 2 months ago, i could barely do 10 min of it, and today i did all of it. yay for me!
    i'm hoping i can go for a walk tonight. we'll see.
    anyway, my week is off to a good start==i know it hasn't been the same for all of you. so here's to better days ahead. :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    survived the typing day from hell-- 11 3/4 hours at my desk-- *pant pant*

However, I seem to be coming down with the headache that felled the hubster-- either that, or I neglected my beloved java for the past two days (since hubster makes the Joe in the morning-- ) so I just made a pot of coffee and we'll see how that goes.

Thanks for the encouragement, moms-- I made it!