For the love of Produce...

Options

Replies

• Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    "Sure, go to the farmers market", I said. "I need cucumbers, and I can get a nice pretzel", I said. Uh huh. Sure. 🙄😆
    5wdeakf4r5we.jpg

Two kinds of cukes, my pretzel, some cousa squash, a few potatoes, some okra, more long beans, a melon, some tomato/corn focaccia, and a hunk of feta later . . . 😆

Yeahhhhh! 😋
  • Safari_Gal_
    Options
    s6if4awo0p49.jpeg

vrw0ty5h1r2p.jpeg

83aa4popn8sy.jpeg

Please enjoy the prettiest tomato from my Blue Beauty plant this season. :D

@o0Firekeeper0o - that’s art right there!! 🙌
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Beautiful tomatoes!
  • Safari_Gal_
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    I need to eat more beets. There's enough left to keep harvesting for the next month. Glad there's not too much more because that bed is supposed to be garlic in October. For now it's feeding me.

eg0g7sys3lba.jpg

Tonight they're roasted and served with grilled fresh Pacific albacore. Oh so good.
    09xf2soc45c3.jpg

k1fr3ykoq1fu.jpg
    a0t9npm6ybj3.jpeg

It’s dead and pulled out now, but this was my last harvest of basil. Whey protein jar for scale. I ended ip giving a lot to the neighbors!

@mtaratoot - those beets look amazing!

@o0Firekeeper0o - I am in awe of that basil!!!!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,605 Member
    Options
    Summer is almost over. We having saving all the labels from strawberries to determine the cultivars we like best. This season of the sweetest varieties the ones with most fragrance were Sweet Eve 2.

I have not tried a new cultivar that gets rave reviews called Ace which debuted at Wimbledon this year. Hoping it will be in supermarkets next summer.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,175 Member
    Options
    25c8baeq2gj8.jpg

Also some Interlaken seedless green grapes.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,612 Member
    Options
    I need to eat more beets. There's enough left to keep harvesting for the next month. Glad there's not too much more because that bed is supposed to be garlic in October. For now it's feeding me.

This week I'm trying fermented beets (inspired by your amazing sauerkraut guidance) - my brain needs them!!!

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,175 Member
    Options

This week I'm trying fermented beets (inspired by your amazing sauerkraut guidance) - my brain needs them!!!

Tell me what you did to ferment them. When they're done, tell me how they taste! For sure there is plenty of sugar to ferment. Now that summer heat is over and I think I can easily keep my house below 75 degrees, I'm going to start a kraut. I was going to do a quick kimchi first, but the store was out of Napa so I just got a couple big cabbages. I still have a quart of kraut left from spring, but less than a pint of kimchi. As soon as there's Napa, I can get that going too.