4"11 ladies (very short and overqeight)

Options

Replies

• Marylynn83
    Marylynn83 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    4"10 (okay, okay 4"9 1/2 but I claim 4"10) I started out @ 207 and am now at 184... It is frustrating b/c when my "little" sister (she is 5 years younger but 5 inches taller) loses 10 lbs she looks like she has lost 20...everything stretches out better if you are tall, I guess LOL
  • gotrott3
    Options
    I was thrilled to find this post! I am 5'1" and currently weigh in at 162. I am new to MFP and am glad to see I am not the only "little" person struggling with weight loss. After trying many diets and failing, I have finally made the commitment 7 weeks ago(when the scale hit 168 lbs) to do it this time. However, it gets very discouraging when the scale moves at a snails pace and turning 40 this year seems to have halted my metabolism. I have been working out 5 days a week and have been diligent about eating clean and healthy. It is nice to know I am not alone. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Peruminicana86
    Options
    Yay, I found my short peeps! I'm 4"10 and 2/3 ( I lie and say I'm 5ft :laugh: ). HW: 167.5 CW:138.5 GW: 123. My whole family is pretty short. My younger sister is 4"9 but only weighs 100lbs. I look double her size. Sometimes it's wicked frustrating being this short. But glad to see that I'm not alone.
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2" and would like to join this group too! I hate that im at 163 and looking to get back down to my high school weight of 120! I dont carry my weight too well. :angry:
    anyone wanting to add me fee free as I need the motivation to keep on going with this weight loss journey!
  • tangledknot
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and heaviest weight was 198 lbs. I know this sounds stupid but I didnt realize how heavy I was. I knew I was overweight but since I was always the person behind the camera and not in front of it and I didn't have a full length mirror I could refuse reality. I had a health scare and when the hosipital weighed me at 198 lbs I cried. How could that be? When I got home I had my youngest son take a picture of me and at that moment I decided NO MORE! No more crazy eating, no more sitting on the sofa complaining that I was bored with my life - NO MORE EXCUSES! On July 11, 2011 I changed everything in my life. I sold my businesses (I owned 2), started a vegetarian diet, started walking and began researching how to get healthy.
    Today I am walking 5 - 6 miles a day 6 days a week, just started doing some ab exercises and yoga 2-3 times a week. I've gone from a size 16 jeans to a size 12 but more importantly my health is improving. I have a lot more weight to lose but every day I give myself praise and while I'm walking I give thanks for each step. I'm grateful for MFP because this site keeps me honest and provides me with people have been where I've been and understand what I feel. Blessings to all on this path.
  • bobbijo47
    Options
    i'M 5"0" and I'm at my heaviest 186 lbs, would love to get down to 120 lbs or maybe 115 lbs, Need all the help I can get. How does this all work, new to mfp. Just joined today, so I guess I'm lucky to find this group. I did go to the drs 2 weeks ago to make sure everything was ok with me, and all my blood work came out great, I don't have high blood pressure or anything, so there shouldn't be a reason for me not to loose anything. I'm going to exercise no less than 3 times a week. I would love to start doing it more but starting with the 3 days a week. I'm forty years old and so out of shape it's a shame.
  • Fernella13
    Fernella13 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm 4.94ft but I always round it up:). 5lbs look like 15 on my frame which is not skinny. Thanks for starting this thread.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 2-3lbs and then I'll hopefully hit my goal and move to maintenance!
  • MissD89
    MissD89 Posts: 102
    Options
    OOOOO! I'm excited! Proposed team name:
    The vertical challengers

I :heart: IT TOO!!!

I would LOVE a real challenge. I've been using MFP since July 27, 2011. (not very long) and only gotten really serious these past 3 weeks or so.. I've never started a group so, or even been in one so I'm not really confident in myself to start this one. Anyone else? Perhap someone who has been in a challenge or made one before? Any takers?
  • dianerml
    dianerml Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    OOOOO! I'm excited! Proposed team name:
    The vertical challengers

Love it!
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Vertical Challengers , great name.
  • Heidiwarwick
    Heidiwarwick Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ooh, a shortie group!!
    Just posting to wish you all well.
    I'm 5'0" although I may have shrunk with age as I'm nearly 39! I've been on MFP since mid May and gone from 120 to 105 lbs which just leaves me to tone up now I think. Totally happy with my top half but the top of my thighs nerd work!
    Go for it ladies! X
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE a real challenge. I've been using MFP since July 27, 2011. (not very long) and only gotten really serious these past 3 weeks or so.. I've never started a group so, or even been in one so I'm not really confident in myself to start this one. Anyone else? Perhap someone who has been in a challenge or made one before? Any takers?

It's just a start, but a bunch of us are setting the goal of 3 lb lost by October 14. :)
  • JerseyGirl5970
    JerseyGirl5970 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey Precious I'm right with you 4"11 185. Just found out about this website today and started logging my weight. On Tuesday I started following the old weight watchers plan counting points and fiber I have been keeping a journal as well so I can see what makes my weight go up and down. 19 years ago I was at 200 pounds and lost about 70 pounds. I kept 50 of the pounds of for 18 years even when I was pregnant with my daughter I only weighed 175 so I cannot believe my weight has managed to go up to 185 after keeping the majority off for so many years. This year was very stressful so I guess the only thing I wanted to when I got stressed is eat. But I'm determined this time when you are short you look 3x your weight just because of your height and clothes shopping becomes a complete nightmare. But I'm with you girl:smile:
  • Stormyyy
    Stormyyy Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Another shortie at 5ft and struggling to lose weight :(...Feel free to add me :)
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Yep, 4 11 here as well, but large framed (go figure) blame my germanic ancestry LOL. Starting out at 192 this week :ohwell:
    SugarDiva i'd KILL to get down to your range!
    You'll be there in no time now! :smile: This site is a godsend!
    I also :heart: the proposed group name!
    And I'm totally in on the 3 lbs challenge.
  • littlelol
    Options
    im also 4ft11. Managed to get down to 112, its hard but we can support each other peeps xxxxx your all amazing
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and weigh 101-103 (depending on the day). You are free to add me. I completely understand the struggles of being short. My BMR is only 1047. So losing weight on the 1200 calorie diet doesn't really work for me. LOL
  • onesillygirl
    Options
    I'm 5' on a good day. Ha! I started working w/ a trainer a couple of months ago. I'm noticing a change in my shape but the scale hasn't budged. I was weighing myself two or three times a day. My trainer told me to put the scale away. Now I get on it once each week or two. I'm trying to learn to listen to my body and eat only when I'm hungry. (What a novel idea!)
  • ChelseaL618
    ChelseaL618 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you guys like the name! I have only been using this site for a couple of weeks. What do we need to do to start a group?
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!