OMG Laughing Cow Rocks

Options
petunia
petunia Posts: 336 Member
OK.. so after hearing so much about Laughing Cow Cheese wedges from hungrygirl and others, I picked some up from the store the other day..

didn't get around to tasting them until now and OMG.. :noway:
NO WAY this little wonderful cheese wedge is ONLY 35 FRICKIN CALORIES! :drinker: :smokin:

I'm in Love :heart:

So all you lovers out there.. let me know all the yummy concoctions you've come up with your laughing cow cheese... I'm definitely on the bandwagon!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• petunia
    Options
    OK.. so after hearing so much about Laughing Cow Cheese wedges from hungrygirl and others, I picked some up from the store the other day..

NO WAY this little wonderful cheese wedge is ONLY 35 FRICKIN CALORIES! :drinker: :smokin:

So all you lovers out there.. let me know all the yummy concoctions you've come up with your laughing cow cheese... I'm definitely on the bandwagon!!!!!!!!!!
  • plussized
    plussized Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    AMEN SISTER. AMEN!

I tried them as well, thanks to hungrygril and LOVED EVERY FREAKING SECOND OF THEM. I'm fiending to go buy some more because I've already consumed the whole thing!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    ahhh yes! i made this discovery about 2 weeks ago...

i was eating them on reduced fat triscuits along with some apples on the side. it was so good.

i made a chicken salad sandwich and used it as the 'spread'. OMG DELISH!

put it in a pita and made a turkey sand, yummmm.

that's about all i got - oh someone said to use it on a wrap too.

35 cals is AMAZING! :noway:
  • fiddlechic
    fiddlechic Posts: 196
    Options
    I add one wedge to 1/2 cup of egg beaters and make scrambled eggs. they are so creamy delicious! thats my breakfast every morning, with some canadian bacon and 1c of strawberries. under 200 cals!
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I"m mostly a lurker but wanted to chime and say I finally picked up some of the laughing cow cheese wedges this weekend and I love them too!!!

Fiona:)

137112.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • petunia
    Options
    awesome guys.. THANKS for the ideas..
    I can't wait to try some of them and come up with all different kinds of things!!!

That is, if I don't just end up eating them all plain! :love:

ROCK ON! I think this might be my #1 discovery since making this lifestyle change!!!!

Woo Hoo! (can you tell I'm excited)? :laugh:
  • rebcolorado
    Options
    I get the flavoredd "light" versions and dip celery and carrots. I also use them on the 100 calorie "altenative bagel" and I put 2 wedges in my "caulifower mashers" - makes them creamy and delicious.
  • petunia
    Options
    I"m mostly a lurker but wanted to chime and say I finally picked up some of the laughing cow cheese wedges this weekend and I love them too!!!

Fiona:)

137112.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Well Welcome Fiona.. I was a lurker for quite a while too.. I still don't post a whole lot (hard for me to do from work), but when I see something worthwhile I chime in.. :flowerforyou:
  • petunia
    Options
    I get the flavoredd "light" versions and dip celery and carrots. I also use them on the 100 calorie "altenative bagel" and I put 2 wedges in my "caulifower mashers" - makes them creamy and delicious.

OH YEAH.. with CAULIFLOWER MASHERS... AWESOME IDEA!
  • ripperxxvi
    Options
    Love your hat.miss atx..

..gotta get me some of this laughing cow, it'll go well w/my spotted cow..
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    First of all, I buy it at Sam's club in the 3 pack. Much cheaper! :bigsmile:

I love it as a spread on sandwiches/ tortilla roll ups. It's also great w/ whole grain crackers (it's one of my 10 yo dd's favorite snack).

And I 2nd the recommendation to cook it with eggbeaters, it does melt wonderfully! :bigsmile:
  • mizzymiz
    mizzymiz Posts: 417 Member
    Options

yes yes yes!

I use LC all the time to make low calorie cheese sauces for (tofu) pasta and in substitution for cheese. The cauliflower mashers are definitely amazing! I make that at least 2x a month....man, come to think of it, what DON'T I make with LC? I use it on my homemade pizzas, egg beater scrambles, quesadillas, spinach artichoke dips and even bake with it! It's a love affair for all! :laugh: :heart: :heart:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I tried the laughing cow light garlic and herb today, and LOVED it!
    I've been wondering WHAT I could put in a sandwich, other than chicken or other meat, that WOULDN'T have much protein, since I eat meat for supper too. Last weekend I read a few threads about the laughing cow cheese, so I bought some over the weekend. It was pretty good, and even filled me up for several hours, which I didn't expect, since it was just about the thinnest sandwich I'd ever eaten! :laugh:
    Anyway though, it's certainly worth a try if you've never had it! :love:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I might have to get some of this laughing cow stuff.....:love:
  • tmorran
    tmorran Posts: 1
    Options
    If you go to their web site they have recipe ideas for you.... some are pretty good.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    i am sooo going to check out the website for recipe ideas! thx! :flowerforyou:
    mike should get advertising credit or something from them as much as we post about it! i think i started one upon my 'discovery' 2 weeks or so ago :bigsmile: its never ending!!!!!!!!!
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow Chicken (YUMMY!)
    Ingredients

4 Chicken Breasts
    8 slices Healthy Choice Ham
    4 Wedges Laughing Cow Cheese
    Egg Whites
    Bread crumbs
    Tooth picks
    Preparation

Pound chicken breast very thin,

Top with 2 slices of healty choice deli ham and 1 wedge laughing cow light on chicken breast

Roll chicken and secure with toothpick

Dip in eggwhites and roll in breadcrumbs

Bake at 350 for 30 mins or so until chicken is no longer pink.
  • hesalive
    hesalive Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    LC fan here too! It has revolutionized my sandwiches! I use it on flatout wraps as a spread. I mix it in w/ scrambled eggs. For a GREAT snack, I thinly slice a green apple, break 7 triscuits in 1/2, place an apple slice on the triscuit & then spread a tiny smear of the chz on the apple and savor it! I will def be making the chicken recipe posted above.
  • GameOver
    GameOver Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I want to try Laughing Cow now! Gosh, you people are convincing! :bigsmile:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    OMG they are to die for! When I saw them about a year ago on a commercial I decided to try them, I'M HOOKED! Even my kids eat them! They ALWAYS make it on my grocery list!