WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2021

Replies

• kizanne2
    kizanne2 Posts: 123 Member
    Hello, I am starting over again for the umpteenth time. I do not have a support system and find I lose my determination frequently. I would love to be able to find a bit of encouragement and companionship as I try to lose the weight I put on during the last two years and then continue on until I reach my goal weight and hopefully get off medications and pick up dancing, hiking and kayaking again!

The leaves are changing and the weather is cooling down, wish I could go out walking!

Malynda in Maine

Welcome Malyna,

You can do it. Fresh starts are all about the new!
  • kizanne2
    kizanne2 Posts: 123 Member
    Pip the floors are lighter and brighter. How do you like them? I'd be worried about being able to keep them clean but I'm a mess.

Heather Happy Birthday!!

Rebecca - I'm sorry to hear about your son. Time really does seem to help. Keep reaching out occasionally though. When he's ready he might not know how to reconnect.

Michelle - I remember when I first started working at Waffle House (way back when) you weren't allowed to be on the floor until you had the whole menu memorized and the 10 steps of service. Manager was shocked when I had it done the first day. I didn't want to 'wait' so I buckled down. Hopefully your training isn't too boring.
  • Moxiemaiden
    Moxiemaiden Posts: 11 Member
    edited October 2021

Melcome @MaylyndaDawn, MayLinda in Maine. What’s keeping you from going out and walking? This IS the place for encouragement and companionship.

• Moxiemaiden
    Moxiemaiden Posts: 11 Member
    I am currently not very mobile due to medical issues, I do have a walker I can use....hmmm, that's an idea!
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,427 Member
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Heather I hope you have a fantastic time Celebrating your Birthday!
    Michele we must have been on the same wave length! Yes I still do the kettle bell. Not as much while I'm taking care of the horses. There are 12 horses and 2 mini's here. It is a hour and a half to 3 hours of back breaking chores! In the spring when I first started helping here I actually prayed that I could get through the chores. That was at my hight of fitness with the kettle bell. Now I am more physically fit then before. I went through excruciating feet and leg cramps at the beginning. I had to roll out of the bed onto the floor a couple of times they were so bad. Pickle juice really helped! Now I consider it a great aerobic workout with a lot of weight lifting. Shep is here at the ranch and loving life! He still will sit by my car when I leave but I think it's just to make me feel loved <3 What is BK? Good luck with the training. It looks like you still do the different workout videos.
    Rebecca I'm OMAD with possible snacks now and then. It's great about your complexion! I started the IF because of my Lymes because it gives your body time to eliminate the dead and dying cells. It sounds like it is working for you!
    Pip your floor is beautiful! I love your place!

<3 Mary from Minnesota/ Arizona

Mary, it wasn't complexion per say, its called lichen sclerosis. There isn't a cure, doctors mostly just shake their heads, and give you steroid cream. But I used the cream every night for a month, then every other night for a month, then 2 times a week for a month, and that's just the maintenance the rest of your life. I noticed no symptoms, so after awhile no need for it. Its a disease that can compromise daily living, so the fact that I don't have symptoms, that makes me really happy. I think its connected to lower my sugar intake, and fasting.👍😁
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited October 2021
    Barbara in So Oregonno Callie and her husband did not have children. She wanted a baby so much, they were both having tests to see if there was any reason she could not concieve.

Janetr OKC
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Sons Calling - my DH has never called his parents in the 24 years we have lived in Alberta. I have called them regularly and I can usually convince him to talk to his Mother. He and his father both hate talking on the phone.
    My girls never call but we chat all the time in a group chat or through text.
    My brother is a talker and we have 2 hour conversations when I call. The sad truth is though that unless I do the calling none of it happens. My phone only rings from 1 friend.

The art of conversation seems to be lacking.
    Tracey

I am the one that does the calling here- my mom has not called to just check in since dad passed in Dec. He used to call me all the time. He would say, I was thinking about you so I decided to call. Nothing new just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you. Boy do I miss those calls.
    I call mom about once a week, just checking in. My sisters I hear from when they need something.
    I am also the one that initiates most text conversations with friends- just to check up on them if I haven't heard anything from them for a while.
    The only person I hear from, and it is pretty much daily, just to check in, say good night or good morning is my former hubby. He actually talks to me more than current dh does and he lives in the house with me.
    I did get a few more calls and texts two weeks ago but now that the reunion is over, those have stopped.

Time to head out- lunch with a friend of dh's.

Have a wonderful Saturday ladies
    Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,938 Member
    Barbara, my dad takes Eliquis. It is a pill. He is only going to take it for 3 months, then transition to a baby aspirin. They also gave it to him via IV when he was hospitalized and his blood clot was first discovered.

Happy birthday, Heather. You look gorgeous and happy!

MaLynda, google chair exercises. You may find several that you can do, just to get the blood flowing.

Janet, I love the picture of you with Callie. You both looked so pretty.

Tina, how frustrating and disrespectful. Hugs!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited October 2021
    Beth, thank you, sweetie.

Kay, thanks for your kinds words.

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,492 Member
    Stats for the day-

Starting out a little light. Have unpacking, washing and dusting to do.

Short walk w/family- 1hr 14min 15sec, 32elev, 2.68ap, 83ahr, 98mhr, 3.68mi= 341c
    Strava app = 446c
    Walk to gym- 11.06min, .53mi= 47c
    Strava app = 64c
    Treadmill jog- 19.23min, 9.62ap, 6.0sp 1st mi, 6.2sp last half, 6.5sp 1/4, 7.0sp last 1/4, 137ahr, 181mhr, 2mi= 231c
    Walk gym to home- 11.40min, .53mi= 50c
    Strava app = 65c

Total cal 669. When I ran I saw later that my max heart rate went up to 181, holy farts!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,492 Member
    kizanne2 wrote: »
    Pip the floors are lighter and brighter. How do you like them? I'd be worried about being able to keep them clean but I'm a mess.

Heather Happy Birthday!!

Rebecca - I'm sorry to hear about your son. Time really does seem to help. Keep reaching out occasionally though. When he's ready he might not know how to reconnect.

Michelle - I remember when I first started working at Waffle House (way back when) you weren't allowed to be on the floor until you had the whole menu memorized and the 10 steps of service. Manager was shocked when I had it done the first day. I didn't want to 'wait' so I buckled down. Hopefully your training isn't too boring.

I LOVE the floor. We had it as close to the lightest color that we have in the living room floor so it can tie in together. You r right and I thought about that to, it being light in color, everything will show more but it will force up to keep it clean. I clean/sweep every Sunday so it won’t be bad.