WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    So much has gone on since this morning..
    Heather- happiest of Birthdays looks like you had a lovely time and that picture of you,Johnny and the kids is frameworthy!!
    Janet- somehow seeing a picture of you and your granddaughter makes it even more real im so extremely sorry for your loss.
    Yes Eliquis is a pill I take a 5mg pill twice a day plus a 81mg asprin along with other meds..
    Trudy and I took a ride to our local mall... its so sad to see how they have deteriorated ,the pandemic sidnt help,3 of the anchor stores closed so there are not alot of stores left...
    I went and returned a dress,I wasnt feeling it..
    So we walked around and i actually ran into my cousins wife Diane and she sent me to a store downstairs and I found this cute sweater dress with pockets .. which i bought.. but guess what.. its going to be darn close to 80 degrees in nashville bahaaa. But its a comfy dress im going to keep it,there was this dress a friend of mine had that she got from QVC ,and i went and found it and its jersey knit and will pack easy .. and it was on sale ,so ill be set.. going to start packing the things i wont use within the next few weeks..
    Tracy- broke down and got the crib set
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Awesome Pip- you amaze me..
    Have the windows open and enjoying the fresh air.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Having issues connecting trainer to zwift, will work more on that tomorrow. We are going to list the microwave that we bought to use while camping but we haven’t used it once since we got it. Instead of having it in Bette, I will be able to use that space for more storage. It’s all about refining our space that we have in Bette and how to better use what we got.

Also going to sell the bigger collapsible trash for a smaller one that we bought at Amazon
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Did Yoga for Beginners DVD then went for my walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Slim in 6 DVD then go for the walk.

Mary – BK is Burger King. The food...yuk But I’m getting paid so that’s good. Yes, I do the different DVD’s. Many of them do something different that I haven’t done in a while. If someone keeps doing the same thing over and over, eventually the body adjusts and they don’t get much benefit from it. So that’s why I like to change things up.

Barbara – I like that “find something to be optimistic about”

Heather – happiest of birthdays, wonderful lady. I still think of you every time I have shirataki noodles

Carol GA – I know it’s scary having the surgery, but trust me, Vince was scared but as soon as they took off the bandage for the first eye, he said “when can you do the next one?” Good luck

Made baked ziti for Vince to have later in the week then made a tofu chocolate pie to take to the gal at ceramics. Her birthday is Tuesday. Went and found two costumes for the Halloween party that are possibilities. I tell you, most of them are very clingy and I’m no longer 20 years old. One of them is an angel but it’s just the wings and halo. I’ll have to find a white dress or something. The other is a flapper girl. If I don’t find a white dress, then I’ll be a flapper girl Update: I need to ask them at church, the garments the altar servers wear, do they have to own their own? Can I buy one cheap?

Put the sheet out to be dyed again, hopefully, this time it’ll get darker. I put the sheet after it was dyed in the dryer last night, and it appears to have discolored the dryer drum. Vince is running some of his work shirt thru the dryer, and so far none of the color has come off on the shirts. The one I’m dying now I’ll put out to dry under the power lines. Who cares if that area gets dyed? Update: I had to wash the one I dyed today because when I brought it in, it looked like a bird has decided to "go" on it.

Kiz – I finished most of the training. I honestly can’t understand how they have high school/college kids remember a lot of this. This has a 10 minute hold time, this 5 minutes, this 1 minute, this 17 minutes, this 21 minutes and so on. Oh well…..

I’m not going for my evening walk. I already have over 10,000 steps today and I went to church so by the time we got done with dinner, I am just making Vince chocolate muffins (he hasn’t had those in a while) then I think I’ll probably go downstairs and work on some towel toppers while the muffins are cooling.

Tina CA – is there a friend you can ask to go with you when dh bales out? Send a silent message that because he wants to be a party pooper, you aren’t going to let that get in your way of having a good time. What about standing outside the theater (or whatever) and trying to sell the ticket? Maybe you can give the ticket away to someone someplace (church, senior home, etc)

Allie – I think for the most part indoor malls are on the downtrend. It is probably too expensive to pay for heat/a/c etc.

Michele NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    HEATHER
    cv6gg5x5u9zy.jpg
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Ttttt
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    :) Another happy day in NW WA.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    Sons Calling - my DH has never called his parents in the 24 years we have lived in Alberta. I have called them regularly and I can usually convince him to talk to his Mother. He and his father both hate talking on the phone.
    My girls never call but we chat all the time in a group chat or through text.
    My brother is a talker and we have 2 hour conversations when I call. The sad truth is though that unless I do the calling none of it happens. My phone only rings from 1 friend.

The art of conversation seems to be lacking.
    Tracey

I have a lot of trouble doing phone calls. I actually prefer to walk several km at lunch and talk to a business in person rather than call them. I email my family and friends, and post things on Facebook, but I never call and we rarely Skype. At work, other people get calls throughout the day, but I've trained my contacts to email me.

My mobile only rings from medical clinics.

I think my reluctance to talk on the phone is because I rely on visual cues in conversations and those aren't there over the phone.

M in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    - Tired & grumpy. :ohwell: I hope good rest will be just right to help for a better day tomorrow. :star: .
  • Ghostmo1967
    Ghostmo1967 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    jyodbzanyx97.jpg
    :) Seasons are changing in October. Autumn is emerging in the Northern Hemisphere and spring is showing up in the Southern Hemisphere. Change in the seasons can inspire changes in health and fitness routines. I hope all of ours can be changes for the better.

:) My journey to health and fitness has been successful in large part to the support I've gotten from the women on the "Women Ages 50+" thread. Thank you to all of you who have supported and encouraged me and welcome to all who are joining us for the first time.

:) Don't forget to bookmark this page so you can find it again.

:) Be sure to sign your post with a name or a nickname and a geographical reference so we know where you are.

My word for 2021 is "lighten up"---both in weight and in approach to life

<3 Barbie in NW WA
    barbiecat wrote: »
    jyodbzanyx97.jpg
    :) Seasons are changing in October. Autumn is emerging in the Northern Hemisphere and spring is showing up in the Southern Hemisphere. Change in the seasons can inspire changes in health and fitness routines. I hope all of ours can be changes for the better.

:) My journey to health and fitness has been successful in large part to the support I've gotten from the women on the "Women Ages 50+" thread. Thank you to all of you who have supported and encouraged me and welcome to all who are joining us for the first time.

:) Don't forget to bookmark this page so you can find it again.

:) Be sure to sign your post with a name or a nickname and a geographical reference so we know where you are.

My word for 2021 is "lighten up"---both in weight and in approach to life

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Hi All,
    Thanks for the encouraging words Barbie. I'm new & would like to participate in this group, but have no real idea what I'm doing. Hoping this attempted reply reaches the group properly.

"Move from sloth to turtle."
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline, practiced WBW, DM and GDLL, farmers’ market, dog group.
    Bonus: practiced Sleeping with the Devil, one load laundry.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, livestream church, call pc guy to schedule tuneup, practice WBW, DM, GDLL, SWTD, Silver Linings, T’ai Chi from Friday, text C, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Do Your Thing, practice dances: All Night, TGIF, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Sunday: call S, Monday: call Spectrum Mobile to learn how to print statements, USE those torture bands/do that SWSY video, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Reminder: Weekly: Mon=15 mins SWSY. Tues=30 mins line dance at home. Wed=30 mins T’ai Chi & 1 hr pack walk. Thurs=15 mins BB&B. Fri=30 mins T’ai Chi. Sat=1 hr pack walk. Sun=15 mins pilates, yoga or wii balance games.
    October
    3: Take a small step towards a goal that really matters to you. Hmm. Guess that’s the motivation problem, not sure I care that much about any of those goals?

Saw Joe struggling this morning to overcome his contrarian reflexes. Tomorrow is our anniversary. Since he prefers not to eat after noon, I said I’d skip church and go early to pick up a bucket KFC. Could see he wanted to say “No!” but to give me some kind of celebratory meal he eked out “That would be OK, I like chicken.”

Made me think of my own contrarian and sarcastic reflexes. When did I learn to think that was cute or funny? Now I realize people laughed, not because they were amused or entertained, but because they were uncomfortable. Auugghh!

Lisa had to google “…following pig trails…” learned not only is that a scenic drive in the Ozarks (twisty as a wild hog’s tail), but there’s another in Georgia, AND our former home, Boise, has a “whistle pig trail.” Who knew? :laugh:
    Katla I :love: otters, river, sea, whatever. :love:
    Tracey glad you found chair and topper to help with pain. Was the uncomfortable chair a recliner too?
    Maylinda there are some good chair exercises you can do to build strength and mobility. Bob and Brad are my favorite, annoying but knowledgeable, sources: https://youtu.be/cYiH0p4hAm4
    Janetr :heartbreak: ((hugs)) love the pre-Nutcracker pic. :heartbreak:
    Heather :love: the birthday pic.
    Tina have you calmly, gently, firmly explained to the mister that when he cancels, the gracious thing to do is compensate you for the expense? Especially if he hasn’t given enough time for you to find someone else to accompany you?
    Thanks Kay! When I had my DVT, they put be on Xarelto, also a pill. This after the grumpy ER doc told me I’d have to self-inject Warfarin. Had a little meltdown. Told the nurse that if I had to self-inject or die, then I would probably die. Fortunately the cleanup ER doc talked me down and put me on Xarelto when discharged.
    Beth after I got off the Xarelto the doc didn’t recommend a daily baby aspirin regimen, but did ok my occasional full strength aspirin for those old aches and pains…
    Pip Yogi must not shed much… ;) When will you model the jersey?
    Sue ((hugs))
    Welcome @Nico_the_enabler Nico in South Australia! Good luck on the 6 month New Rules for Lifting for Women. (had to google NROLFW) :laugh: ConVERYgrats for taking off those 22 kg!
    Welcome @Ghostmo1967 in Va! Your reply posted just fine. Book mark this thread by clicking the empty star at top right, it will turn yellow. Then when you go to the Community forums, click on the solid star to bring up a list of your favorite, bookmarked threads.

Slipped down the internet rabbit hole a little this morning, saw posting about Friday’s “National Black Dog Day” and had to include two of mine…
    x1fh8hctwcho.jpg
    jbidtdulctry.jpeg

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    October: leaner/stronger/kinder than September.
    daily: sit with Joe:2, weigh/wii: 2/0/0; steps>7228=8238 vits=2, log=2, CI<CO=2, CI<250<CO=2, Tumble=2, Shadow=3, mfp=2, outside=3, up hill=3, clean 10=1.
    wkly: Sun:P, Y or W= , Mon:SWSY= , Tue:LD= , Wed:TC= , PW=, Thurs: BB&B=, Fri:TC=, Sat:PW=, rX x4=.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/30:141.2 10/3: 10/10: 10/17: 10/24: 10/31:
    mnthly: board mtg= , grant=, plan=, waist=42.
    bonus: AF=2, play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Thanks Kay! When I had my DVT, they put be on Xarelto, also a pill. This after the grumpy ER doc told me I’d have to self-inject Warfarin. Had a little meltdown. Told the nurse that if I had to self-inject or die, then I would probably die. Fortunately the cleanup ER doc talked me down and put me on Xarelto when discharged.
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

When I had DVT, I was admitted to hospital for 2 weeks. They wouldn't let me leave until my INR level was at an acceptable level and some of my clots had started to dissipate.

I had Warfarin pills and Heparin injections twice a day during that time.

After I left hospital, I was on Warfarin for a year and Clexane injections when I travel. My husband injects me.

I'm also on MegaFol 5 mg for life.

M in Oz