Father brings his daughter into the men's locker room

1131415161719»

Replies

• SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    I would not have any fears of having a child of either sex brought into a locker room up to age 5, after that age kids become aware of their body and the body parts, and then it seems inappropriate. I also hate being in a public bathroom and having some kid peering under the stall walls at me, but it happens.
  • GracieB5
    GracieB5 Posts: 8 Member
    Probably instead of panicking diving for a towel and possibly getting injured or injuring somebody else, because locker room floors can be wet and slippery, you could simply turn the other way. Problem solved.
  • burnedfaceless
    burnedfaceless Posts: 1 Member
    I was at the Aquatic Center getting a workout a while back and a Father brought his son (maybe 12) and his daughter (maybe 9) into the locker room. She was definitely too old to be in there, she was staring at my junk. I just got dressed as quickly as possible and walked out. I'm non-confrontational
  • I2k4
    I2k4 Posts: 179 Member
    Rules ought to be clear and abided by. The uni I did grad work at in the 1970s had a single gym sauna that was officially co-rec and clothing optional, everybody who was there knew and was comfortable. My wife and I both took my daughter in after swims or whatever, no harm, no incidents, or even any memory of it for her, though she's always been relaxed about the unclothed side of life. Later a second female-only sauna was built, on the basis that some were unwilling to use the joint facility, and that was that.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    Wow, super old thread!
    JezzD1 wrote: »
    Men walk around naked in gym locker rooms?? my gym does not have naked women walking around. In a towel yes, but not naked. hmmm

I was thinking of this as I browsed through it - I used to teach yoga at various gyms in various states in the USA, and have been in a LOT of women's locker room - I've almost never seen naked women. Seems we prefer to change in stalls.

In my high school we had stalls for changing as well. My understanding is that this is common for girls' locker rooms, but not for boys', which is probably why adult men being naked in gym locker rooms is more common than for women.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    2e28s11jukjb.jpg
  • I2k4
    I2k4 Posts: 179 Member
    What's "dead"? The 4 Oct 21 poster with a current concern commendably searched and found a lengthy predecessor thread instead of reinventing the wheel by starting a new one, deserves thanks for that not schoolyard finger-wagging.