200+ Hot For Halloween!

Options

Replies

• KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Tasha- In April, I had to prove to my 12yo brother that I could run faster than him. I had slick bottom shoes on so I took those off and ran barefoot on the sidewalk. I got a heel spur on my left heel which turned into plantar faciitis. It only really bothered me mornings after a run (I seriously could not put ANY weight on that foot for the first couple hours of the day) and when I wore shoes that didn't have good cushioning. After a month I went to my primary doctor. They did an xray, told me to try a couple exercises/ways to ice it, and gave me an anti inflammatory. It wasn't better within 3 weeks so I went back and they referred me to a podiatrist. I saw him 3 times (and then a follow up). The first 2 times I got cortisone shots in my heel. He also gave me exercises to stretch my calves. The 3rd visit he gave me custom made orthotics for my shoes. My foot is 99% better now. It still gets tender when I go barefoot or wear flip flops (and hence NOT wear my orthotics) for days at a time. Amy also has/had plantar faciitis but didn't get hers looked at for a long time. She had to have surgery recently to correct it. Don't ignore the pain. If your foot is not getting better, go to the doctor. You could do a lot of long term damage by "pushing through" the pain.

ETA: I beat my brother in that foot race :wink: lol
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    OKee this is my attempt to reply to all..my last one before I leave Friday for Italy. Wow. Its here! I am SO tired already hehe.

Crystal - thats rad you've managed to keep your weight off. I saw Charlottes birthday pics on fb, so cute! What kind of phone do you have?

Hailie - sorry to hear about the ongoing female family issues. That sucks.

Welcome cloneme_losehalf!

Jessi - I think we all go through that..despite our hard work we don't want to believe the number on the scale.

Welcome Apryl!

Kristina - good job owning up to your choices and logging your food. I bet tomorrow you will do fantastically because of it.

Welcome Fi!

Hi Megan!!

Annette - I like that you are doing a wide array of things to both make money and perhaps to see what you find that you may want to do with yourself in the future. When I get back from my trip, I would be more than willing to partner with you on your diary and give input. It would help me out also.

Katie - you are right, that is quite the stress load you are dealing with right now. I can't say that I've seen employers take that long to hire someone, but not all of them are good at removing the positions on the internet after they've found a person to hire. Also in this economy the market is flooded with highly employable people and I think that it can be overwhelming the amount of applications that come in for a position. Sadly at our place we are having a hell of a time finding someone who actually wants to work right now. It is very odd. I hope that everything works out soon for you and your wife..and we are always here to listen.

Kendal- first, your hair looks fantastical! I am reading this blog you posted about the girl who lost 135 lbs. Good stuff.

SarahWNT - that is COOL that you were running and someone recognized you because they probably thought that it was so cool!!

Welcome Shirley!

Amy - skinny cow icecream sandwiches. That is all. Oh, and the fact that The Count Down can begin. One week girl! One. Week.

Okay thats all I got. I am going to try a sleeping pill tonight to see how they affect me. I've never taken them before and the doctor gave me a low dose one (starts with an A) to take with me on my trip if I needed it. Hopefully I won't need one..but I want to make sure I know what I'm getting into before I go over there and all.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Tasha - I did Plyo one time and then switched it out for Cardio X. Way way too much for my knees. So I think you could and CAN do P90X. Tony Horton says a billion times each dvd to modify modify modify.
    Also, be careful with that foot issue. I also think I was getting a heel spur and plantar fasciitis. I could barely walk for a couple months, it was miserable. So I went to a local running/walking store and did the treadmill test so they could fit me for shoes. Walked out with a pair of $110 shoes...and went back to buy another pair three months later. ITs been the world of difference. I highly recommend it. When I wear flats to work, which isn't very often now, I bought a pair od Dr Scholls heel support inserts from Target and put them in there and it helps so that I can wear them once in a while. I even wear them with my birkenstocks. Chaco sandals are good also.
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    OKee this is my attempt to reply to all..my last one before I leave Friday for Italy. Wow. Its here! I am SO tired already hehe.

Okay thats all I got. I am going to try a sleeping pill tonight to see how they affect me. I've never taken them before and the doctor gave me a low dose one (starts with an A) to take with me on my trip if I needed it. Hopefully I won't need one..but I want to make sure I know what I'm getting into before I go over there and all.

Oooo, Italy, I hope you have a blast!!! :)
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Lacey - my prayers are with Bart and you.

Kendal - 1500 limit - eeeekkkk, my belly's growling thinking that low.

Tasha - my cousin and his wife just left your Marine Base for North Carolina. I had a great time visiting them 3 years ago. Hawaii is beautiful but the sub ride was my fav thing.

I can't get back to the new lady's name that asked if she could join. Anyone can join at any time. This challenge just started Monday or Tuesday and runs for 6 weeks. welcome to the group.

Can someone put another hour in the day - just so I can respond to more people? I'm trying a new approach of hitting a few people at a time rather than long posts. If I miss you, it's only since I've run out of time.

Day 2 of logging and I've decided it SUCKS!!!! But, I will keep it up. Obviously not logging has gotten me into trouble. Sighs. Tomorrow, I get to pack clothes and food. I may be MIA over the weekend. It's a 9 hour car ride to my race and mom does NOT have a car charging port or cig lighter port in her car... I'm serious. We need the phone for directions. The ride there should be fun since we've decided to go 4 hours Friday, take the ferry across Lake Michigan another 4 hours, then 2 more hours driving to the hotel. I haven't figured out how far the race is from the hotel. I take all the positive thoughts you want to send my way on Sunday morning!!! I really need to get some sleep. Night night...
  • KatheryneLynne
    Options
    So manypeople to keep up with. I'll try better in the morning. Right now i'm just plum wore out.

Checking in for the evening. I was under on cals, and successfully managed to avoid/turn down cookies at work for the second day in a row. Three mile walkl (it helps that I have to walk a mile and a half to get to work, and then again to get home...guarenteed work out :). But I am so tired this evening I only managed about 10-15 mins of dance before my whole body was like "forget it sister."

Anyway, I'm off to shower and read, and most likly be asleep way early.

-Katheryne
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Wednesday check-in 2601 cals burned, 2244 cals consumed, with 30 min low impact aerobics for exercise...
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    WOW i've missed a few pages here! Super excited for another challenge! Totally bummed that i GAINED on the last one, but considering the "Situation" that came up for me, i'm just thrilled i didn't gain more!

My goals for last challenge:

- Lose at least 10lb (4.5kg)
    > FAIL. Oh well.
    - Keep up water intake - i'm usually great with this, but it's good to have it as a goal anyway!
    > WIN. Love water.
    - Exercise at least 3-4times a week
    > TOTAL win. I exercise at least a little bit almost every day now!

Goals for this challenge
    - lose 13lb. This would take me to my first mini-goal of 207lb - which is the lowest weight i've managed to reach in the last year, inbetween gaining and losing. I want to be there again!
    - Go on the Wii fit EVERY DAY.
    - Find a way to be happy in my job. (i know this is not weight related, but it's super important from a health perspective.)

Re-Introduction: I am Hosanna. I am a nurse. I am getting married in four months. I hate my job.
    Not really enough info? ok i'll do it better.

I live in a rural centre in south australia with my Other Half and our silly pups (chihuahua crosses). I love them all so much, and i'd be lost without them. I met the Other Half on the internet nearly two years ago, and after dating for a while, i moved out here to be with him. My parents live in Tasmania, so i don't get to see them very often, so my man and the pups are my family. I work at the hospital here, and i hate it. It is so depressing. I did nursing to look after people, but all i do here is wait for nursing home beds to come up so we can ship out the people waiting in the hospital for a bed. We don't actually get to help enough sick people for me to get any job satisfaction whatsoever. Isaac (Other Half) is so good to me, and so supportive. He hates seeing me miserable, but is wary about me looking for a career change in case it turns out just as crappy. I've applied for a job with a travel agency, and i just had my "second stage interview" over the phone. It went super badly, but fingers crossed she liked SOMETHING about me!
    I am getting married on the 14th of January, and i have never been more excited about anything in my life. This man is the absolute love of my life, and as we discovered last challenge, he's willing to do anything for me. He is my absolute rock, and he supports me through everything. And living with depression and anxiety issues, there are a lot of things he ends up needing to support me through.
    That all sounds rather depressing... Here's some happy stuff: Our dogs have just learned how to sit. I still have the teddy bear i got given by my grandma when i was four. The Beatles used to be a huge part of my life, and if it weren't for them i wouldn't be the person i am today. I have a giant portrait tattoo of john lennon on my Left leg. I have other tattoos too. I have a nosering. I babble crap. I love people very very much! I'm going to stop talking now.

Now, to try and catch up with everyone.

Amy - First off, you have created a MONSTER in this house with the crack wraps... last night we were trying to work out what to have, and Isaac pipes up with "How about those hommus wraps?" This morning... "Hey baby, i'm pretty keen for those hommus wraps for breakfast..." I'm gonna have to make more hommus soon, and i already made a double quantity!! Way to go with meeting your goals!!

ALL NEWBIES! - welcome! I only joined this group last challenge, and i'm telling you now, i'd be lost without these girls! They've become some of my closest friends already! :ohwell:

Nava - sorry to hear the family *kitten* is still worrying you :frown: also, that's awful about your friend! That's a SERIOUS "misread" for sure!! ... you gave YOURSELF a VitB shot??? You are BRAVE, girl!!

Hailie - Those are some awesome goals girlie!! Good luck! (teehee, boobie...)

Victoria - 50% is a D-... so still a pass! Also intrigued by the concept of half a dog...

Kendal - Theoretically, i think you may have had a bit of "low-impact" exercise... :tongue: so you DID meet that goal! :wink: I also love the idea of a gym that gives out free pizza!

Pam - Omg on the NSV!! I'm so happy for you, and WAY envious!! I totally don't have the self esteem to do anything like that for Isaac... one day i hope i will!!

Natalie - HURRAH for another person in Australia!! Everyone else here is across the pond, so every morning i wake up to three new pages of posts, and there's no one awake to post with me!

Lacey - i'm so sorry to hear about Bart :frown: thinking of you!! :flowerforyou:

Katie - HIIIII!!! Great to see you again, girl!! So sorry things aren't going so good for you and the wife {{hugs}} fingers crossed things get better, and you know we all care about you here!!

Annette - i'm not sure i realised you were a nurse! Or else i forgot. I'm so very over my job at the moment... i actually took today off just because i couldn't face going in. Of course, being treated for depression doesn't help the situation.. what made you leave nursing?

PHEW!!! That took ages!! Now going to go and help the man with dinner.
  • Punkyash
    Punkyash Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. My name is Ashleigh I am 25 married for 3 years and have a 10 month old son and 4 dogs . I have always struggled with my weight, even when I was 'skinnier' and ' prettier', now I'm trying to get back there again, lose the preggo weight and maintain.

I hope to................
    Keep up with my eliptical daily.
    Go on family walks 2-3 times a week
    To keep up with logging my intake daily

Starting weight 255
    Goal weight 235
    Long term goal weight 165
  • crystalAN85
    crystalAN85 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Now that I've caught up with everyone's posts, I figured I'd pipe in a few comments and my re-intro before bed. :)

I'm Crystal, and I'm a 26 year old single mom of a beautiful now 1-year old. I have "baby daddy drama" lol, this may come up a time or two in my posts. I have an AAS in veterinary technology and work part time at a clinic I love. The rest of my time is spent being Mommy. I live in Minnesota and am SO not looking forward to winter. If humans could hibernate, I today would. I'm sure I'll need more @$$ kicking as the temperature continues to drop.

Lacey - Thanks! Yea, her birthday party was a blast and we got so many cute pictures. :) I have T-Mobile so I have an Android phone, Samsung Galaxy S to be precise.

Fi - I LOVE your profile pic and couldn't agree more. :laugh:

Apryl - I'm also in small town Minnesota! I'm in Montrose, about 45 ish minutes west of the cities near Delano and Buffalo. Where are you at? :)
  • loveAZJ
    Options
    I guess I will say a little bit more about myself, I live in Ontario, near Ottawa. My BF and I have been together for 4 years 7 months, we are getting married next year, on this day! so 365 more days! I have a 14 month beautiful daughter and I want more kids. I work at Tim Hortons right now, but want to go back to school and be a nurse. Tim Hortons does not bother my eating, I don't like there muffins, donuts, drinks and stuff like that. I eat there soup & sandwich tho. I prob should pack my own food. I have a kitty. And yesterday was my first day of the 30 day shred and boy did she kick my bum. I used to tell my bf I'd never be a calorie counter, now I look at everything we buy and make better choices which is sometimes hard, we usually does the grocery shopping.
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    A new day begins! Hopefully the work day will go by rather quickly. I was running late this morning, so didn't quite get the length of walk with Emma I normally did, but we jogged the last 1/4 mile or so together. It was nice to see I didn't keel over from that. loving the cooler weather. It was 42 this morning when I woke up. Love. Ask me again when it's blizzarding.

There's no way I can respond to everyone... the thread always explodes at the beginning of a challenge, but it'll settle down. Just letting everyone know I'm thinking of them, and hope that todays goes as well or better than yesterday!!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Hosanna - are there other nursing job options? I've worked with nurses in home health, acute care hospitals, rehab hospitals, at doctor's offices, etc. Is your current job the only one available in your field? What about teaching? I would recommend a change if you're unhappy. Stress can stop you from losing weight.

Kristina - glad to see you post. Numbers girl, numbers keep you accountable... I thought of you last night and kept the intake under control. We wont yell but starting to post the numbers may make you think twice before putting something in your mouth. We have to stop the upward spiral.

A cont welcome to the new ladies. It's very nice to get to know you. Feel free to ask questions.

Crystal - I'd hibernate too if I could. I'm glad you found us again.

Katheryne - great job turning down the cookies. I'm passing on some of my super powers to you so you can cont to avoid the temptation.

Hallie - your scatterbrainness is adorable!!!

Time to get back to work. I have a 4 mile light run for the afternoon. By the way logging sucks and takes time. But I'm doing it!!!
  • silver02bullet
    silver02bullet Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Ok, I've read through all the pages, but there's no way I can comment on all. I was still 2 pages behind in that last challenge! lol

So, I'll just reintroduce myself as well. I'm Megan. I'm 27 and live in Arkansas. I joined this group of girls when i first began MFP. This will be my 3rd challenge and they are some great folks. This weightloss journey will be my 3rd time i've lost 60+ pounds. I'm 25 pounds into it and have been struggling around the 205-210 mark. The same thing has happened the other 2 times i've lost weight as well. (You'd think I would have learned my lesson by now!) Anyways, I work at a heavy equipment (think backhoes and excavators) dealership working with our corporate managers. I do have a boyfriend at the moment. We've been dating off and on for almost 2 years. It's still rocky somedays, but hopefully it'll be more seamless soon. We just love each other too much to let go, ya know? For exercise, I like to take step aerobics at my local rec center. I've been an athlete my whole life and need a 'coach' to push me. My step instructors fill that role nicely. In my spare time, I enjoy reading and watching tv. I also enjoy drinking whiskey and beer. This has been a major pothole in my weightloss, but i'm working on it. I've cut drinking out during the week so that is big step. I also enjoy cooking and baking. It is my stress reliever.

Anyways, welcome new people. you'll love it here. I know I do.

As for the rest of you, glad to be back in another challenge with you! I know I didn't reach my weightloss goal (or come anywhere near it actually) for the last challenge, but I'm hoping I can on this one.

My goals are:
    1. To be under 200 lbs by Halloween. This morning I weighed in at 210, but that is due to this week's work retreat. (Booze and food that def aren't in my plan.) I just wanted to see the damage that was done. The true test will be tomorrow's official weigh in for me.
    2. I'd like to work on being a more aggressive listener in life. I tend to talk a whole lot and it's causing some strain in some of my relationships. And these relationships mean the world to me so this is something I need to work on.
    3. I'm going to exercise 5 days a week. Step for an hour 3xweek and walk at least 20 mins 2 other days.

Also, i know a few you have HRMs. I've done the whole search and read on this topic on here, but i'm still confused. Is there one that you just wear during exercise??? and another type that you wear all the time??? I'd like to know how many calories I burn in my step class. MFP says that an hour of step will burn 700+ calories. I think that is an outrageous burn so I usually just input 30 minutes. I also think this is why I'm not losing at a steady rate. MFP has me set at 1200 calories (during the week, i'm on point every day). I try to eat some of my exercise calories, but if i'm burning more than what i put in my diary, I could be in the starvation phase and not losing. I'm looking into purchasing something to let me be more accurate in my calories expenditure, but i'm so confused on what to get and how it all works and when to wear it!!
  • KatheryneLynne
    Options
    I was just going to lurk this morning, but after reading Hosanna's post I just had to stop in to say that i too have a stuffed animal from my childhood. Poppy is a brown teddy bear that my grandfather gave me at birth. I slept with him every night until I was about 13, and even after that he was the only stuffed animal that had the distinction of "sleeping" on my bed during the day. Even now he is sitting on the top of my dresser. Just thinking about him makes me all warm and happy.

30 year old toys from childhood are great things...thank you for reminding me.

-Katheryne
  • rainvc
    rainvc Posts: 142
    Options
    Kendal: We SO go to the same gym! They have bagel Tuesdays as well in the morning.
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Hosanna - 207 is my stg as well :) I'm currently at 217.2, so I've got my fingers crossed! And hey, I met my SO (now husband) on the web as well, apparently it's the thing to do :)

Ashleigh - welcome! I just joined, errrrr, yesterday! Reading through the posts, this group seems really fun :)

Crystal - I can definitely relate to the "grrr winter is coming" ha. I managed to drop a ton of weight last year, then plateau through the majority of winter (luckily didn't gain!) and pick up on losing again when the weather got nicer. I'm hoping this year is better! I've got a little one as well (she'll be 2 in Nov), so last year my primary forms of exercise were going outdoors for long walks with her in the stroller. Trying to do workout indoors just wasn't happening. Since she became mobile though, she thinks doing exercise dvds are great, haha.

ZaysMom - Congrats on the upcoming wedding!!! I could never survive working in a coffee shop, haha, I'd love to be a barista but I'd be so darn wired all day *coffee addict* I just finished 30DS a month or so ago - it gets so much easier around day 4ish. I still use it as a part of my workout, a couple of times a week. Right now I'm doing JM "No More Trouble Zones", and I really thinking doing 30DS helped me be able to hang with this workout!

Megan - I'm struggling close to a similar weight, it seems like my body does NOT want to go below 215. It'll happen though :)

Second day of using the "No More Trouble Zones" dvd, and I LOVE it. I've been doing the warm up/cool down and 3 circuits, so about a 25min workout that I log as 20 because I don't think the cool down counts :) I can actually feel a bit of a burn in my inner thighs as I walk around the campus at school, so I'm excited - that is a huge problem area for me, and I'm hoping this means it'll actually tone up!
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options

Apryl - I'm also in small town Minnesota! I'm in Montrose, about 45 ish minutes west of the cities near Delano and Buffalo. Where are you at? :)
    Stacy, it's about half hour north of the cities on I-35.
    Glad to know there are 2 other Minnesota people in here!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Megan- I have a hrm (just the kind you wear during exercise) and it told me I would burn 800-1000 cals in an hour of zumba, so mfp telling you 700 cals for an hour of step aerobics is more accurate than you think. Also, if I were you, I'd up my cals. A lot of the ladies who have the 24 hour hrm (body bugg, body media fit, etc), found out that they were burning more daily and were not eating enough. In April I bumped up my cal intake from 1500 to 2000 (plus eating my exercise cals) and starting losing again. I'm not saying you need to jump from 1200 to 2000, but maybe jump up to 1500 or 1600 and see how your body reacts. (At first it may gain, which is normal, especially if you are in "starvation mode" so give it at least 2-3 weeks to see what happens.)

Earth- I've been stuck in the 2-teens for almost a year now. I'm hoping to break past 210 this challenge.

Mr. Reunion made "egg toast" for me while we were camping. It was awesome. And I didn't even think of how healthy it actually is. Dude, one egg and one piece of toast. (ok and some butter and I put a bit of mayo on it). I had 2 today and I'm quite full. hello? 22g of protein!! and only 280 cals if I hadn't included the butter and mayo lol...with those it was 450 cals, but I can totally do it without the mayo and I think I overestimated the butter but oh well

anyways, I had a To Do List that's a mile long and I want to get a big portion of it done today (well, get a lot of the smaller things done today). Numero Uno is the GYM. RIGHT NOW. K. BYE. :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry, I didn't introduce myself properly. I'm Jane. I'm 40, nearly 41. I live with my daughter, who is nine, and my partner. We have two dogs - recently lost both our kitties (and I don't much like being a cat free home!). I'm a university lecturer by profession (a psychologist). I was born in the UK, and live here now, but grew up in South Africa. I love music, and sing, play guitar (classical and acoustic), cello, and a few other instruments.

In terms of fitness - I've been overweight for decades. Got a lot worse after my daughter was born. I lost a lot of weight on weightwatchers, gained a bit back during a two year break, and am back on track now to lose what I regained and get down to a healthy weight. I love to run, but am out of condition, so doing the C25k at the moment to get back into it. I am an avid gym freak, and also like to walk with my dogs.