WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip - I miss my old dog every day. We will look for a new puppy when we return home after visiting our son’s family in Virginia. I have been looking online and saw that several breeders will be having pups available during spring and summer. The photos you post of Yogi always make me happy. ❤️
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    fairly good day. I had to do some writing papers which I brought to my work to ask for something -positive response apparently. it took a little longer than planned. my friend B called back - usually it's me calling him. I had a feeling he wasn't doing great. indeed that is so. he.kept asking me questions about how I am doing but didn't get to him - he could only talk About 15 minutes as he was going to work. so we'll maybe catch up briefly on the phone tomorrow. Online meeting at 7pm not so great. a lot of cancellations. only 2 of us for the 1st 25 minutes or so. then it went about 30 min over ! :( one guy kept repeating himself over and over! kept saying he has to go, and kept repeating himself. I sent a sms to the person leading the meeting to ask if we could end the meeting. he said yes but didn't answer it. finally after many minutes of all 3 others hemming and hawing saying they had to go and not going - I said okay I need to go. big hug to all. click! I'm never the first to go - but this was going around in circles and showed no sign of ending. then met a friend for a quick bite. much more pleasant.

plum tired. waking up at 6am these days for the 7 am nurse arrival. that's really not so early in the usa, uk or maybe Australia, but is a really early wake up time for Paris.

Wishing you all a good evening, morning, day, afternoon. <3
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    I had my first cataract surgery Monday and all went well. I think after I get the other one, I will be able to go around without my glasses except when reading small type. I have been wearing glasses since my early 30's so this will be nice.
    Carol in GA

Carol - so glad it went well!

Lisa in AR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Pip ... uneven nails on Yogi's paw?

That was his paw when he was a pup
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving – we’ll go see Jess especially since she can’t come home this Christmas. She’s had Thanksgiving dinner for years. Also, she’s supposed to take her test in early fall so we’ll probably take her out for it. I’m sure she’ll have Thanksgiving at her place. Last year they got a dinner from the local grocery store

Beth – happy birthday to your hubby

Just back from bowling. Night everyone.

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Yogi got his teefers cleaned, they gave me kudos for brushing, they could tell. Helped the tartar from getting to his gums. Glad he lets me use an electric toothbrush on him. His bloodwork for his kidneys went down too, bonus!
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Flea - I think of you often. ❤️😍❤️😍
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Flea - I don't know how you have managed to keep on working all through the chemo. It would have been beyond me towards the end. <3<3<3

I am taking an official 'sick day' today. Still feeling distinctly rubbish. I'm staying in my pyjamas and DH is going to cook dinner tonight, making his signature chicken stew. :D No exercise!!! :o I might get to my blurb, but I doubt it.
    I haven't had a sick day for three years!

I hope I get better by the weekend for the sleepover and DH's birthday. And I hope he doesn't get it. He has his booster booked for Sunday.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: take BP, T’ai Chi, fire district: researched NFPA, meeting prep and board meeting.
    Bonus: one load laundry
    Just one thing: researched Safety & Security grant, district procurement procedure.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, practice WBW, DM, SWTD, review SL, learn the right GDLL, backup files, then call pc guy to schedule tuneup, text C, fire district: board meeting minutes, research district tax exemption for volunteer firefighters, AFG grant requirements including NIMS, call NFPA cancel inactive accounts, clarify benefits included in annual dues, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; start Part D research with new rx info, watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Do Your Thing, practice dances: All Night, TGIF, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Sunday: call S, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Reminder: Weekly: Mon=15 mins SWSY. Tues=30 mins line dance at home. Wed=30 mins T’ai Chi & 1 hr pack walk. Thurs=15 mins BB&B. Fri=30 mins T’ai Chi. Sat=1 hr pack walk. Sun=15 mins pilates, yoga or wii balance games.
    October
    13: Ask for help to overcome an obstacle you are facing. Ask for help returning SIL’s call and really listening.
    14: Do something constructive to improve a difficult situation:

Yesterday was in such a hurry to shower and meet T for hike, looks like I skipped taking BP.Oops. Devoted today to grant research and meeting prep so Joe volunteered to take dogs to the powerline for the first time in months. So grateful to see him step up and out.

Lisa [shudder] Reminds me of Loreena McKennit’s rendering of the Bonny Swans
    Julie they are black bears, though they come in different colors, black, brown, cinnamon. I’ve only seen ours on trail cam, would probably freak out if seen in person. Know I still shudder remembering the day I saw a cougars tail moving up our drive. Even scarier than the bears. Only dancing alone at home, avoiding indoor activities as much as possible, especially with known-to-be-unvaccinated. ;) and YES I remember in the 70’s getting up at oh dark thirty to fill my vw bug’s tank for the commute down the bay. We were on an every other day rationing system and even at 5 am the lines were long.
    Kylia love your cheerful attitude about being your DH's seeing eye dog.
    Machka so thankful for the no cancer dx.
    Allie safe travels. I love hearing about the restaurant that offers seconds, and turkey sandwich fixings to go. That’s usually the downside to dining out on Thanksgiving.
    Annie, understand the tradition of feeding visitors. Need to come up with something to offer an acquaintance who will be stopping by Friday to visit and check out our fungi. Know she drinks goat’s milk, wish I had some goat cheese to offer her with our huckleberries. Maybe a little tray of veggies with some TJ’s avocado chive dressing for a dip… The first time I went to a college football game, the sound/vibration of the initial scrimmage shook me all the way up in the bleachers. That was the last time too. Can’t bear it.
    Pip fingers X’d for Yogi’s dental work. WOW you brush his teeth with an electric toothbrush? Inspiring!!!
    Carol thankful the cataract surgery went well.
    Tina hooray for child’s pose! What is “hair band music?”
    Heather your gardening zone sounds almost Mediterranean ;) Thankful the Covid test was negative. Sorry the pernod wasn’t a completely sovereign remedy.
    Debbie praying Umaku’s issue is easily treatable.
    Michele “…and really don’t care either.” LOL!
    Beth sure sounds like a lot of fancy cookin’ for a from a wheelchair. Hope you’re not risking your recovery?
    Flea what Heather said about your working throughout the treatment. (((hugs))))
    Machka do pear blossoms scent the air, like apple blossoms do?

V. low steps today due chained to the computer. Thankful didn’t bring running average down beneath goal. Will try try try to keep the activities up tomorrow while progressing on the district computer stuff.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    October: leaner/stronger/kinder than September.
    daily: sit with Joe:13, weigh/wii: 13/2/31; steps>7228=2990 :(P vits=13, log=13, CI<CO=13, CI<250<CO=9, Tumble=11, Shadow=15, mfp=13, outside=17, up hill=15, clean 10=13.
    wkly: Sun:P, Y or W=2, Mon:SWSY=.67 , Tue:LD=1 , Wed:TC=1.87 , PW=2, Thurs: BB&B=1, Fri:TC=1.77, Sat:PW=2, rX x4=2.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/30:141.2 10/3:141.3 10/10:141.8 :astonished: 10/17: 10/24: 10/31:
    mnthly: board mtg= , grant=, plan=, waist=42.
    bonus: AF=7, play=31 sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    Flea - I don't know how you have managed to keep on working all through the chemo. It would have been beyond me towards the end. <3<3<3

I am taking an official 'sick day' today. Still feeling distinctly rubbish. I'm staying in my pyjamas and DH is going to cook dinner tonight, making his signature chicken stew. :D No exercise!!! :o I might get to my blurb, but I doubt it.
    I haven't had a sick day for three years!

I hope I get better by the weekend for the sleepover and DH's birthday. And I hope he doesn't get it. He has his booster booked for Sunday.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Heather Good for you for taking a day off. we all need one from time to time.

Flea hugs to you. You seem to be faring so well, and courageously with chemo.

Barbara, yes cougars can be more agressive, on average, right? I don't know so much about these predators. I grew up in the east coast, where, at the time there were no coyotes, no cougars, and bears were extremely, extremely rare - no-one I knew had encountered one unwillingly.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,117 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Heather I hope you feel better quickly so you can have fun with your Grandkids <3
    Allie have a safe trip and a fantastic time!
    Flea I hope you feel better and gain your strength back quickly! It is amazing that you are still working! Take care <3

<3 Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    Short trip to the dentist again today. coffee on the way back. 1h cleaning and some mails and sms. the 1h cleaning sessions are good. I feel more on top of things. I really can't afford cleaner long term but in this tight period it seemed a good option. It seems really hard to find a good one. I tried paying for a more expensive service once that claimed all their cleaners had been trained in hotels etc. It was clearly not the case. The lady washed my new kitchen scale immersed in water like a dish (and broke it), and a few other oddball things. Since I'm tired and pressed for time this year as well, I'm trying to find ways to get through this last complex period by getting help where possible.
    It is time-consuming (like it is for everyone) and also uses up some of the irregular energy. Sometimes im' fine or ok and sometimes I'm quickly exhausted from little.
    It makes me feel good to clean though. Today: straighten kitchen shelf and some wipe downs, straightening sofa cover, sweeping, putting some things away, getting rid of dust bunnies (Calle "sheep" -moutons - in French :D ) under bed and a bookcase in the bedroom, straightening out a shelf in the bathroom, wipe down sink, put away some sheets and pillowcases that had dried. It's reassuring to do it - because really it's gonna be me doing it most of my life - and also is a wee bit of exercises from the hour of pottering.

Now I've got to get to writing. I'm under pressure in that department as usual.
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    <3