WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Tracey — You photos are absolutely beautiful! The fall trees are gorgeous and the leaves are beautiful. I particularly love the third photo with the bridge and the reflections of the gorgeous fall trees in the water. 🍁 🍁 🍁
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Tracey, so happy to hear that your hubby is not pregnant! I have to admit, I burst out laughing when I read that!
    Lisa, so happy to hear that you are feeling much better! Here's hoping the feeling continues! Oh my! that Levi! Ditto for KJ's Miguel and Rebecca's Athena!
    Flea, you may not feel inspirational, but you are definitely handling this journey FAR better and with more grace than I would!
    Barbara or Barbie (sorry, can't remember!) thank you for the Thanksgiving wishes! Our son, daughter in law and the grands came over for dinner, it was lovely to see them, as always.
    Allie, can't believe your cousin didn't mention the covid tramping thru the household! Words fail me! I do hope you have a great time in spite of that (hopefully only!) oversight!
    Barbara, I hope the acupuncture helps Joe.
    As usual, too much to read, not enough awake time to comment..... Life has been busy lately, haven't really gotten much accomplished, not sure what I've been busy at, but there you go.
    As always, hugs to those who need them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn on Vancouver Island where the rainy season has started (We are going to be experiencing an atmospheric river - oh joy! Lots of rain....)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,922 Member
    Options
    Southern Tasmania is in lockdown! I'm on an early bus home so I make it before the 6pm curfew.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,409 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Southern Tasmania is in lockdown! I'm on an early bus home so I make it before the 6pm curfew.

Does this mean you're working at home again? I know you were hoping to be able to do that.
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Does this mean you're working at home again? I know you were hoping to be able to do that.

Not yet. It's a 3-day lockdown and I'm on leave anyway for the next 10 days. However, if it continues after that, I will likely be working from home.

Meanwhile leave plans are kind of up in the air.

I am glad we hadn't travelled to another state or country!! Anyone who had are now stuck wherever they went. With winter coming on in the northern hemisphere, the same thing might happen!! :open_mouth:

M in Oz
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Michele you sound so calm despite the emergency trip the hospital.

Heather get well soon.

Flea I'm glad you are getting a month of sick leave soon. Understandable that you be so tired with chemo.

Rebecca, sorry you had. rough night.

Tracey- I think seven would be the earliest "normal" wake up time in Paris. In the country-side or just outside of Paris things can run an hour or so earlier.
    I would say 9 am is the usual starting time for work in PAris.
    It can even 10 am in some fields. It's very rare to have a class or meeting before 8:30, which is the early-bird hour bemoaned by many. Some shops open at 9 am but others at 9:30 or 10.
    Dinner is never before 7pm (which is early). 8pm is a more common prompt dinner time and in fact one can have dinner at 9pm or 9:30. It's not unusual at all.

Barbara, I am not going now but I have had good experiences with acupuncture.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    fell asleep late and woke early - about 4h sleep.
    not very chipper at present.
    finishes my hour of cleaning session:
    -15 min kitchen : once over + "electricity drawer" (plugs, extension chords) sort and wipe down some of the electrical stuff that's going towards a dusty greying.
    -15 min living area- mostly sorting papers and books - realised I hadn't posted an important letter I had thought I'd posted wedesnday. not the end of the world.
    -15 min office area - opening mail and going through it filing
    -15 min bathroom - sorting a bit of messy shelf. "travel box" with samples and things used for traveling, plus a but more.

Feel like sleeping now but I have some major work to do. it's not a good moment for sleeping.
    I was advised to skip coffee for a couple of weeks.

What do you drink in the morning? Coffee? Tea? Something else?

I often get a quick espresso standing up at the café and often some green tea at home (and sometimes at the café). I am interested in finding other morning beverage options.

zzzz, no, back to work.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    Machka wow for lockdown. It really feels like we are reaching the end of the pandemic here. I hope we are not mistaken. there's a very high vaccine rate here: 89 % of people over 18 have had 2 jabs and 87% have had 1 jab. That's influenced by the very high pressure to get vaccinated here. Details:
    Hospital people are suspended without pay if not vaccinated as of October, and you have to get a test within 3 days if not vaccinated, to go to restaurants, museums and surely other places. Since October people have to pay for their own tests which were free for a good while. The tests are something between 20 and 50 euros per test depending on the test I think. So most people go for the jab. I have a couple of teacher friends who were not anti-jab but preferred to wait who got it quickly once those new rules were established.
  • Machka9
    Options
    Michele you sound so calm despite the emergency trip the hospital.

Heather get well soon.

Flea I'm glad you are getting a month of sick leave soon. Understandable that you be so tired with chemo.

Rebecca, sorry you had. rough night.

Tracey- I think seven would be the earliest "normal" wake up time in Paris. In the country-side or just outside of Paris things can run an hour or so earlier.
    I would say 9 am is the usual starting time for work in PAris.
    It can even 10 am in some fields. It's very rare to have a class or meeting before 8:30, which is the early-bird hour bemoaned by many. Some shops open at 9 am but others at 9:30 or 10.
    Dinner is never before 7pm (which is early). 8pm is a more common prompt dinner time and in fact one can have dinner at 9pm or 9:30. It's not unusual at all.

Barbara, I am not going now but I have had good experiences with acupuncture.

Where I work, we can show up anytime between about 7 am and 10 am. :)

A few people turn up really early (between about 7 and 8) but most people turn up somewhere around 8:15 and 9:15.

Stores usually open about 10 am.

Cafes about 7 am.

Uni classes at 9 am.

Dinner somewhere between 6 pm and 8 pm.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka wow for lockdown. It really feels like we are reaching the end of the pandemic here. I hope we are not mistaken. there's a very high vaccine rate here: 89 % of people over 18 have had 2 jabs and 87% have had 1 jab. That's influenced by the very high pressure to get vaccinated here. Details:
    Hospital people are suspended without pay if not vaccinated as of October, and you have to get a test within 3 days if not vaccinated, to go to restaurants, museums and surely other places. Since October people have to pay for their own tests which were free for a good while. The tests are something between 20 and 50 euros per test depending on the test I think. So most people go for the jab. I have a couple of teacher friends who were not anti-jab but preferred to wait who got it quickly once those new rules were established.

Tasmania: Vaccinations per adult population (16 and over) as of 13 October 2021
    One dose - 81.9%
    Two doses - 66.8%
    Everyone working for the Department of Health (me!) need to be vaccinated by the end of this month or they don't work.
    I think there are some other businesses who have done the same thing.
    We have to check into every business we go into.
    Testing is free and they encourage people to get tested if we've even got the slightest sniffle.

We thought things might be over last autumn (March/April) but when winter came, so did Delta and it has flared up in a big way in several of the states here.

j994oqwawfoe.png

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    I was advised to skip coffee for a couple of weeks.

What do you drink in the morning? Coffee? Tea? Something else?

I often get a quick espresso standing up at the café and often some green tea at home (and sometimes at the café). I am interested in finding other morning beverage options.

zzzz, no, back to work.

Why do you need to skip coffee?

I drink a cup of warm black coffee (no sugar) and a tall glass of cold water when I get to work.

I continue to drink those throughout the day adding up to 2-3 cups of black coffee and about 1.5 litres of water.

When I get home I move into diet coke, water and non-caf teas.

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,723 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Woof I slept like a rock,even though i had to get to the bathroom s couple times..
    Yes no one told me about the covid running from my couson her husband and her kids...and 2 are pregnant, my 90 yr old aunt is still feeling the effects and she was hospitalized.. this was all early September and they sre all back to normal only ones with fatigue and lingering effects are my cousin Bridget and my aunt Shirley.
    Im thinking today im going to bringing my earplugs lol there 8 kids under 8 running around and If its raining everyone will be inside,so at least it will block the din of noise...
    Another reason I love coming down here is all the family.. always happy to see me and have me here..and im happy to see them.
    Im going to hop in the shower and get dressed and then head out will pick up donuts to sugar up those little critters even more,hey why not what are cousins for..🤪
  • Machka9
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Woof I slept like a rock,even though i had to get to the bathroom s couple times..

What's different there than in your own place?

Bed comfort?
    Light/dark?
    Ventilation?
    Floor covering - hard surface vs carpeting?

M in Oz

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    It's Friday!
    I fell asleep reading last night. That wasn't because I was bored, just tired. 😉 The Grace and Strengths that you all are examples of is inspiring. Words have such a big impact on people.
    Work
    Grrrr! SIL says that I dont understand that when Steve and I are gone that she is pretty much solo versus when she is gone and I still have Steve to help. Really? He can't help at counter. How about it is easier when you have employees. DH says he feels like I don't care if we make money or not. Really?? There is a fine line between making money and customer service. Some things you just do so that customers come back when there is a big problem. G (who is SIL's stepson) has no mower experience and really hasn't figured out who knows the answers. He keeps going to SIL for answers (SMH) . He argued with me when i said i need an engine torn down for possible warranty situation.
    I had a customer yesterday who said he was excited that I was there. He says I am the friendliest and most knowledgeable person there. He gets stressed if he has to speak with anyone else. 😎
    I have logged, but water suffering. I just don't drink a lot of anything. One or two cups of coffee in the morning. Try to drink water. Occasionally decaf or green tea in evenings or an adult beverage. I don't drink soda (or pop or cola depending on where you are from). I never have drunk (?) much. Probably training from school. No time for bathroom between classes or having to ask to go if in class. I try to get a glass of water when take vitamins when I remember.

Allie Have fun!

Laundry done. Kitchen cleaned. Sheets and mattress cover changed. At least house feeling happy. Not sure if DH is going to allow us to be off tomorrow since plans had changed, but we will see. It isn't like I dont have work to do, but that could be done from home. Maybe i should take him to work and i will work from home 🤣🤣🤣

One friend just lost both his parents in less than 2 days. One friend's mother is in ICU. My friend is recovering from blood clots in her lungs. My MIL's Male friend had a major stroke sometime on Wednesday. His DIL found him when she got home from work. Not good. Another friend's mother is in ICU fighting lung cancer. So much sickness and death around us. So I am going to count my aches and pains as evidence that I am alive and really in good health.

HEALING thoughts to all!
    PEACE in all things to everyone!
    THANKFUL for the support of wonderful women!

Kylia in Ohio where Fall weather comes back tonight
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,723 Member
    Options
    Machka- probably exhausted lol ,the bed is harder,have more room on the bed.. yesterday was a looooong day and Tenessee is 1 hr behind EST so was feeling that too..
    I just stopped at Kroger ,and got a chuckle. Connecticut must be real uptight ,this grocery store has a beer bar with beer on tap and I think wine.. thats a hoot.. they werent serving it at 6 am but it was funny none the less..
    Just waiting for the donut place to open.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,250 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Phew! I am feeling punch-drunk, but relieved. I staggered down to lunch having written my blurb, my epilogue, and my 'About the Author'. Sooooo hard. :o I've been trying and failing for weeks. I think yesterday's collapse and rest somehow cleared out my brain and I was able to stoke myself back up today.
    I did it on my phone, so as not to scare myself. :p
    DH has read them and approved. I changed one word on his advice.

A tiny bit of food shopping today and I need to wrap his birthday morning presents. No chance of the Tracey present because the kids will be here. I will have to give it to him a day early. :p

I did my morning exercises, only leaving out the HIT.
    Top up exercise this pm and I have my girlfriends Zoom later. One has been to Munich, one to North Cyprus and one has been settling her mother into a new care home after a scare in hospital. I have been editing. And writing blurbs. ;)

Kids PCR tests negative.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Tracey ~ Those Fall photographs are just fantastic. I would love to be able to see such beauty. Between those and Pip's photos of the ocean, I am jealous.

Carol in GA
  • Machka9
    Options
    Today, I picked up a bit of music and so I've been playing (badly) various songs this evening!
    I haven't played a piano/keyboard of any sort in a long, long, long time!!
    My fingering is atrocious!

But I managed to tap out semi-recognisable songs. :)

I think I need to do scales and things again AND I need to review sharps and flats.

M in Oz
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    Allie - If it’s any consolation, when we were on Outbreak at work everyone was considered non infectious 10 days after the positive test result. Hopefully that time has passed.

Barbara - I must have missed something, what is Joe having acupuncture for?

Machka - I don’t know whether to be happy for you or not. The idea of getting to work from home is appealing for you, not so much the reasoning behind it though.

Kylia - I think you need to let SIL and DH work together for a week or two maybe they can see what is happening when you aren’t there to pick up the pieces. They take terrible advantage of you in my opinion.

For 2 years straight I drank 2L of water a day. For the last year I’ve struggled terribly getting it in. I need to fix this, it shows in my nails, complexion and weight.

Heather - congratulations on the writing, that must feel liberating!
    Hope Johnny enjoys his presents. 😉

Carol - I loved Pip’s ocean views too. I try to go home in the Fall when I get to go for the colour show. It’s always hard to know exactly when their peak is though.

It is 7am, I have been up for about 40 minutes. I am off today. It never fails that on days I am not working I cannot sleep in.
    I am going to work on some ornaments today, before and after the dietitian appointment. I need to get some photos taken and our FB page updated.

Tracey in Edmonton