WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,133 Member
    Options
    Heather I am so glad that you are feeling better today!! And that you got some of your writing accomplished! :)
    Allie ear plugs sound like a great idea when you need them kids can be noisy! Have a lot of fun with your family!

<3 Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    :)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,229 Member
    Options
    Got our flu jabs yesterday. No ill effects. Today we had our boiler serviced.

Lisa: 😱 Mother Goose Rhyme 😂
    Heather: <> Glad you are feeling better
    Machka: <> Good news on the biopsy.
    Carol: <> great news on the first eye op. Hope the second goes as well.

☘️ Terri
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Machka – The graph of new daily covid cases in Australia certainly shows a marked increase in August, September & October. This virus seems to keep going around the world like an evil energizer bunny. :devil: Enjoy your music!!! :heart:

Kylia – You have won the heart of at least on customer, and likely many others. :star: I am a coffee drinker in the morning, but not late in the day. Excess caffeine seems to turn into acid reflux at bedtime. I have been thinking about switching to caffeine free tea later in the day. I particularly like peppermint tea. :smiley:

Allie – Our country is interesting. Each state exercises its power to regulate all sorts of things from coffee and wine, to the number of hours a business such as a restaurant & bar can be open, as well as seasons people can hunt or fish. :ohwell:

Heather – Congratulations for completing your blurb, epilog, and about the author. :bigsmile:

Pip – Keep the dog photos flowing. I love to see Yogi. On my way home from an errand yesterday I spotted a woman walking a Keeshond, the same breed as Schooner. I had to stop & talk to her and pet her dog. The woman was lovely and so was her dog. We will start our puppy search after we return home from our trip to Virginia. It seems like a very long time before we can get a pup. The wait will be worth it. :star:

Speaking of the trip to Virginia, I sent the baby blanket that I knitted to our daughter-in-law and it arrived safely. She was very pleased to get it and thanked me for making it for her. They expect the baby will be born in November. We’re all hoping for a healthy baby and a healthy Mom. :heart: I have been planning to participate in Project Linus and will start a new blanket for a new mom when we get home. Barbie and Cheri have been creating baby blankets for new moms for a long time. I look forward to starting a new blanket for Project Linus when we get home from our trip.

Yoga today!!!

Katla
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,980 Member
    Options
    fell asleep late and woke early - about 4h sleep.
    not very chipper at present.
    finishes my hour of cleaning session:
    -15 min kitchen : once over + "electricity drawer" (plugs, extension chords) sort and wipe down some of the electrical stuff that's going towards a dusty greying.
    -15 min living area- mostly sorting papers and books - realised I hadn't posted an important letter I had thought I'd posted wedesnday. not the end of the world.
    -15 min office area - opening mail and going through it filing
    -15 min bathroom - sorting a bit of messy shelf. "travel box" with samples and things used for traveling, plus a but more.

Feel like sleeping now but I have some major work to do. it's not a good moment for sleeping.
    I was advised to skip coffee for a couple of weeks.

What do you drink in the morning? Coffee? Tea? Something else?

I often get a quick espresso standing up at the café and often some green tea at home (and sometimes at the café). I am interested in finding other morning beverage options.

zzzz, no, back to work.

Most mornings I start with black tea but on some mornings where that is just not enough, I have coffee but cut out all caffeine about 2PM(or at least I try to) and switch to herbal or caffeine free teas.
    I have not been doing that lately and my sleep has been terrible. No matter what time I get to sleep, even as late at 2AM, I am still awake and can't go back to sleep after 8:30. Very rarely 9AM.
    Tomorrow I will be at mom's so I will be up at 5am to help with the food program. Hopefully I can get to sleep a bit earlier tonight. I do have my little pills on the night stand there. Need to order another bottle to refill it.
    We will be making salsa and canning it tomorrow afternoon and Sunday- that is my plan anyways- see what happens

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,264 Member
    Options
    Our Zoom went well. Lots of news. We are scheduled again for the 25th.
    I love to talk with my old friends. We have been friends since 1964. We kept in touch through all the years, but small children and geographical distance meant it was difficult our middle years. So glad it survived. I have written about our friendship in my memoir, but I have edited out some stuff that curious minds might want to know. ;) Our friendship kept me alive in my teenage years. <3<3<3

Still not 100%. But I WILL SURVIVE!

Had a fun time at the shops this afternoon. Chats in the flower and card shop, teasing in the butcher's, success at the hairdresser (Not paying a deposit), lovely stuff and chat at the deli. I feel so lucky to live here. :D

Heather UK, feeling grateful, xxxxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka – The graph of new daily covid cases in Australia certainly shows a marked increase in August, September & October. This virus seems to keep going around the world like an evil energizer bunny. :devil: Enjoy your music!!! :heart:

Kylia – You have won the heart of at least on customer, and likely many others. :star: I am a coffee drinker in the morning, but not late in the day. Excess caffeine seems to turn into acid reflux at bedtime. I have been thinking about switching to caffeine free tea later in the day. I particularly like peppermint tea. :smiley:

Yoga today!!!

Katla

If you like cinnamon- like red hots/ Fireball- there is a tea we get usually at Grocery Outlet but also available on Amazon- Good Earth Sweet and Spicy. It is really amazing-no caffeine. A friend who was drinking a bit too much Fireball whiskey tried this and now drinks that and rarely drinks the Fireball anymore.
    https://www.amazon.com/Good-Earth-Organic-Caffeine-Herbal/dp/B00NE4AR2A/ref=asc_df_B00NE4AR2A/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312068890447&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5977018260937100185&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9032049&hvtargid=pla-570163890159&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=62425923272&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=312068890447&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5977018260937100185&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9032049&hvtargid=pla-570163890159
    It is $7.99 at each of the Grocery Outlets we have seen it for a four pack.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,229 Member
    Options
    I start the day with echinacea tea with a touch of honey in it. DH makes it and brings it upstairs for me. The rest of the day it’s decaf coffee with soy milk, and tea after dinner. I occasionally have a chia latte before bedtime. I love it’s warm spiciness.

Machka: <> The cases are rising in UK as well.
    Heather: <> 👍🏻 sounds like you are on the mend.

☘️Terri
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    :) I drink only water except after lunch when I add a packet of Emergen-C to my water
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,264 Member
    Options
    I drink two large mugs of tea with milk at breakfast time, one after lunch, one mid-afternoon, and one after dinner.
    I have one mug of strong milky coffee around 10.30 am. I might have an extra tea if someone offers me one.
    I drink flavoured fizzy water with lunch and a beverage of some sort as an aperitif around 5 pm and another with dinner. Sometimes alcohol, sometimes AF.
    I love my tea, proper British tea. Strong, with milk, no sugar. Nothing comes close. :D<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Heading up for a weekend with mom. Weather should be good. A bit cold in the morning but otherwise perfect canning weather.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies.

Debbie
    Napa Valley- heading to Alexander Valley,CA