The Candy Stompers (OPEN GROUP)

Options

Replies

• Kari80
    Kari80 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Love to join. Didn't realize the Halloween Challenge I tried to join 5 minutes ago was closed. Need some motivation.

Name: Karina Herrera
    Starting Weight: 198.4
    Goal Weight: 175 by December 31......Final goal 150.00
  • fraanncciiss
    Options
    Name: Francis
    Starting Weight: 215!
    Goal Weight: 135
    Fun Fact About Yourself: I am obsessed with
    workout clothes, and that's one of my motivations
    for loosing weight: to be able to buy and wear
    cute workout clothes. For now basketball shorts
    and T-shirts will do!

I was looking to join a group! Because no one I know is on this rough journey
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi all

I do all the cooking at home (as I get home every night 2 hours before by boyfriend). So I can easily control what we eat. I dont cut anything out of my diet - just try not to eat too much.

Ive added extra fruit this week - 2 satsuma and a banana a day. (plus normal veg with meals).

I cant work out how to open the spreadsheet - maybe my anti virus stopping it? I will try again later.x
  • thistleandfi
    thistleandfi Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Since i'm currently doing the 30DS i'm going to take my measurements after the end of each level. And maybe once in a while in between if I feel the urge! :laugh:
    that sounds like a good idea! i know when i first started the 30DS I took my msmts b/c other people were saying they already noticed a diff within a few days. I did mine after 1 week and there was definitely a shift - its uplifting when that happens!

hoping i can make it through this time as i'm still trying to shake whatever virus snuck its way into my system :grumble:
  • thistleandfi
    Options
    It's time for the beloved Question Of The Day:

Does your significant other and/or family support your weight-loss journey? If they do, do they exercise with you or eat healthy foods too? Or do they just seem indifferent to the whole situation?
    I definitely have the support of my S/O and my mom (the people I see the most). My S/O was on a great get-healthy kick for a while, doing P90X every day and eating better and was always encouraging me to join him except I wasn't quite ready yet... Now he's the one struggling while I'm gun-ho on changing my life, so our roles have kinda reversed from earlier this year. Even though he's not in the routine he used to be he is still my biggest cheerleader :) My mom has begun to change her eating habits to healthier choices - I even got her to give up her coffee in favor of tea (huge accomplishment, lol) and she always shares when she notices my weight loss or clothes fitting differently. A big thing for her to point out is how much better my moods and outlook have been since giving up all refined sugar. I was a major sugar addict so having the support of my S/O and mother have made a HUGE difference, especially in keeping those things out of the house.
  • Amandalovesfood89
    Options
    First off Welcome to Fi, Karina & Francis! I'm adding your info to the spreadsheet now :) If you haven't already added me as a friend please do!

I'm trying to figure out a way to do a spreadsheet of those who posted their measurement's progress......
  • thistleandfi
    Options
    Yes and no. Mostly I think they are indifferent. My brother has been supportive but he lives 4 hours away. My sister who lives with me is slightly supportive but doesn't understand the change in my eating habits. She'll often make dinner as she is home before I am and it's often highly processed fatty meals. It's hard to say no when the bad choices are sitting right in front of your face. I don't think they believe I'll stick with it but there is no way I'm going back to the way I was! :smile:
    i certainly hope they come around and become believers but if not i'm glad you have MFP and the people here to rally/support you :happy:
  • Amandalovesfood89
    Options

Does your significant other and/or family support your weight-loss journey? If they do, do they exercise with you or eat healthy foods too? Or do they just seem indifferent to the whole situation?

Yes and no. Mostly I think they are indifferent. My brother has been supportive but he lives 4 hours away. My sister who lives with me is slightly supportive but doesn't understand the change in my eating habits. She'll often make dinner as she is home before I am and it's often highly processed fatty meals. It's hard to say no when the bad choices are sitting right in front of your face. I don't think they believe I'll stick with it but there is no way I'm going back to the way I was! :smile:
    [/quote]
  • Amandalovesfood89
    Options
    Oh wow I totally just realized that my post copied someone else's instead of posting what I typed!!!
    So embarrassing!
  • Amandalovesfood89
    Options
    QUESTION OF THE DAY:::::

If you could only eat one healthy food/meal for a week straight, what would it be and why?
  • ChristinaMcKeever
    Options
    uuugggghhhhh..........:frown: .and gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr................ :angry: i am so bloated and have the worst cramps/pain i haven't felt this bad since way b4 i had my daughter, midol sux right now, i need chocolate and a massage and a hot compress i will be lucky if i accomplish any calorie burning this weekend. :cry:
  • msibilla1
    Options
    Hello Candy Stompers Team!

I have been really sick for the past few days and havent been online but I'm back today... I hope everyone is doing well on their weightloss, I have lost some of my weight due to be sick but i'm sure once i start eating again it will go back lol ... :laugh:
  • Amandalovesfood89
    Options
    What do you guys think about making a Facebook group?! I think it would be easier to organize things and such!
    Tell me what y'all think!

if you guys would like me to make a group add me on facebook

www.facebook.com/xxasshediesxx
  • ChristinaMcKeever
    Options
    What do you guys think about making a Facebook group?! I think it would be easier to organize things and such!
    Tell me what y'all think!

if you guys would like me to make a group add me on facebook

www.facebook.com/xxasshediesxx

Sure sounds ok to me, i will send you a request
  • ChristinaMcKeever
    Options
    Yay I lost another 2 pounds and i am on my period too lol so i am retaining a lot of water.... I am down to 172 now i am so close to my goal for October.... Super Excited :happy:
  • thistleandfi
    Options
    I don't use facebook but I'm all for people incorporating it if it will help :smile:

long week, glad the weekend arrived to offer a respite! i'm struggling with eating enough when i exercise later in the day. i tend to underestimate how much i will burn so i end up with an overall deficit that's higher than i'd like. trying to rectify this but its a slow going process. my goal this week is to exercise earlier in the day at least 3x's and see if that doesn't make it easier.

I have been really sick for the past few days and havent been online but I'm back today... I hope everyone is doing well on their weightloss, I have lost some of my weight due to be sick but i'm sure once i start eating again it will go back lol ... :laugh:
    Being sick sucks! Just got over something myself... hooray for feeling better :D maybe your weight will stay off? *positive thoughts*
    Yay I lost another 2 pounds and i am on my period too lol so i am retaining a lot of water.... I am down to 172 now i am so close to my goal for October.... Super Excited
    sounds like your weekend turned around? congrats on the loss!
  • ChristinaMcKeever
    Options
    I don't use facebook but I'm all for people incorporating it if it will help :smile:

long week, glad the weekend arrived to offer a respite! i'm struggling with eating enough when i exercise later in the day. i tend to underestimate how much i will burn so i end up with an overall deficit that's higher than i'd like. trying to rectify this but its a slow going process. my goal this week is to exercise earlier in the day at least 3x's and see if that doesn't make it easier.

Being sick sucks! Just got over something myself... hooray for feeling better :D maybe your weight will stay off? *positive thoughts*
    Yay I lost another 2 pounds and i am on my period too lol so i am retaining a lot of water.... I am down to 172 now i am so close to my goal for October.... Super Excited
    sounds like your weekend turned around? congrats on the loss!

Thank you very much and yes surprisingly it did turn around i thought for sure i wouldn't lose anything this week, i decided yesterday that instead of zumba i would do some wii fit plus for fun and born calories it was about all i could do cause these cramps are killer nothing seems to help... so i am so happy i lost the weight but so sad cause my stomach hurts
  • petitwalt
    Options
    Down to 134!
  • ChristinaMcKeever
    Options
    weigh in 9-19-11 172
  • Amandalovesfood89
    Options
    Gah! I can't wait to get into the hundreds!! I had so much family drama today I didn't get a chance to work out and I totally over ate seeing as I'm an emotional eater. :sad:

And I forgot to weigh in so i'm going to weigh in tomorrow!

**Christina I've already added you to the facebook group!

**Everyone else please let me know if you'd like to join! if so add me on facebook at www.facebook.com/xxasshediesxx