Losing 20 in your 20's! (CLOSED)

Options

Replies

• Nikki881
    Options
    I LOVE this weekend idea! I've JUST lost the three pounds I gained over Labour Day weekend, and I spent last Sunday with my family, so healthy eating went right out the window. But I'm not going to let it happen again!! (I hope...) And I'm hoping to be even a pound lower by tomorrow!!

Good luck tomorrow Apples!!! I feel like this might be our week!!!! =D

Also, I do really want to thank ALL of you... I've bounced between 150 and 160 for the past two years, and have never really stuck to healthy eating or exercising (I'm a student, so I don't have much time or money for healthy food), but this challenge and all of your encouragement has really helped me stick with it and make it a habit instead of a chore. SO THANK YOU!! <3
  • healthyhappy123
    Options
    I can't believe tomorrow is weigh in! ahhh. Unfortunately, I won't be able to weigh in tomorrow morning because I won't have access to my normal scale. I'll put my weight in first thing Friday morning, I promise! Don't get too excited...I'm pretty sure I've gained again. I don't know what is up with me lately. I just can't seem to get on top of things. I'm stressed out with school, I'm always hungry and therefore always snacking, I'm not diligently logging, and I'm not into my workouts like I normally am which means I'm not being very productive. I just feel like I don't have a plan...and me without a plan usually means I don't get anything done. I think this weekend I'm going to focus on getting my life outside my school work organized. I need a better routine that will help me succeed with my weight loss. I can't let you all down anymore!! Sorry for venting but I have a feeling some of you can relate. If anyone has any suggestions, my ears are open! Thanks again for always being here for me and everyone else!
  • paulahhhh
    Options
    Were we able to find another peach?
  • cathcakey
    cathcakey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Morning fruits!!

Well I weighed in this morning at 156.2 so I've lost just under a pound, and that puts me back on track after the last couple of weeks of bouncing around the same numbers. It's completely my own fault because I've found lots of excuses to indulge, but now I feel a bit better that I can get it back on track.

thefreemans28 - I'm sorry to hear about your plateau - it is SO frustrating. I've heard a few ideas passed around this site for ways to get out of a plateau and I wonder if any might help you. How about calorie zig-zagging? Apparently your body can get used to having the exact same amount of calories each day and it can slow down weight loss, so I've heard people suggest that, for example, instead of having 1500/day mix it up through the week, with your total for the week still being the same amount. So you could have 1650 one day, 1350 the next etc but it would average out to the same amount of calories.

I suppose that this only works if you are very meticulous about how many calories you get each day (I have to be honest - I'm not! There are days I'm under and days I'm over - I dont think I've ever got it spot on!)

Otherwise, how about mixing up your exercise routine? Shock your body with something new like a new class or exercise. You could even join two exercises together, like instead of running for 30 mins, you could run for 15 and swim for 15.

Ok I'm waffling now, but I hope that helps!!

Rioschica - good luck for tomorrow! Fingers crossed for a loss!

nmartin88 - great job for sticking with us and I'm so glad it's working for you!

healthyhappy123 - I can DEFINITELY relate to that feeling of having way too much going on and not being able to control any of it! I'm a huge list maker and I find it really help me to focus. I make lists of food planning, exercise planning, to do lists, work lists and anything else that needs organising! It really helps me to relax and tackle each task one at a time, and it means that my days are planned out a lot better than when I just try and muddle through. It makes me feel much more in control :-) make some lists!!

Have a lovely thursday - it's almost the weekend!! Yayyyyy!
  • misslouisee
    misslouisee Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I may have to enter weight a bit later on today or possibly tomorrow at the latest, not at home so can't use my normal scales til later. Just thought I'd let you all know, lots of luck everyone and I will update ASAP
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone! Hope you are all well!

I'm afraid I'm also not going to be able to log until tomorrow as well, but I'll make sure it's updated in the morning. I don't think this week is going to be a loss though. Like Ross, I'm also struggling with staying on track. It was my boyfriend's birthday on Monday so we went out and over-ate. And I've been eating cake and such things since then. I've also lost all motivation for exercise. And I haven't been logging everything.

I'm back at uni in two weeks though so maybe a change in routine will help kick myself back into action with the exercise.

I'm on board for the challenge. I definitely need to get a handle on my eating again and I do make 'cheat day' excuses on the weekend.

Good luck today, everyone! I'm so glad you're doing so well, guys! I'm feeling a bit more motivated after writing this!

Have a great day everyone!
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Bleh, I'm up a little. This past week has been stressful, so I guess that had something to do it... {Sorry Blue Berries}

Anyway, here's to a new week and a new start! I'm loving the weekend challenge. This is where I always mess up!

Good luck to all teams!
    *Manda*
  • boyslie72487
    boyslie72487 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I guess being sick pays off, I'm down 1.6 lbs! I'm sure that'll all come back once I start eating normally again. I hope everyone had a good week, LET'S GO PEACHES!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Okay so not as big of a gain as I was anticipating which is good......... but it was still a gain...... and just so you guys know ( for those who view my food diary) I have started ZigZagging........... so tired of fluctuating from 132-134...... hoping this helps me break below 132!
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Good morning my fruity ladies!

I just took a look at the weigh-ins so far today and everyone is doing well! It seems to me like we ALL have been struggling in the same areas... weekends, logging EVERYTHING, and exercising. So let's really hit it hard this week so EVERYONE can have an awesome loss! NO EXCUSES! Got it?? Good!

Monday night is dinner for my MIL's birthday. I am making a pact with you all that you want you to hold me accountable for... NO CAKE! NO ICE CREAM! And wherever we go for dinner, I WILL EAT HEALTHY! I have a feeling we will be going out to our favorite Mexican restaurant. I KNOW I can eat healthy there, but my favorite meal there is NOT healthy! Last time I ate it I was up 3 pounds the next day! So, hold me to it, ladies! That's why we have each other, right? For the accountability factor that helps us move forward and not backward! Thanks for being awesome, and let's keep it up with more weight loss!!!!!!

GO BLUE BERRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • NMandaMarie
    Options
    My goal today is to drink more water than I have ever drank in one single day... But to figure that amount out I had to go through my entire diary one day at a time (since water intake doesn't show on any of the reports). :sick: Well, I found on June 28th I drank 160oz (20 x 8oz).

But I noticed another thing: I was the most successful in losing weight when I drank a min of 96oz (12 x 8oz) daily.... Which makes a little bit of sense. You see, I've heard best way to measure your needed water intake is to take your weight and divide it in half. For an example: I currently weigh 203.5lbs and if I divide by 2, I get 101.75oz.

So, in consulsion: Water. Lots and lots of water. And my new minimum is 102oz (roughly 13 x 8oz)! :drinker:

*Manda*
  • thefreemans28
    Options
    My goal today is to drink more water than I have ever drank in one single day... But to figure that amount out I had to go through my entire diary one day at a time (since water intake doesn't show on any of the reports). :sick: Well, I found on June 28th I drank 160oz (20 x 8oz).

But I noticed another thing: I was the most successful in losing weight when I drank a min of 96oz (12 x 8oz) daily.... Which makes a little bit of sense. You see, I've heard best way to measure your needed water intake is to take your weight and divide it in half. For an example: I currently weigh 203.5 lbs and if I divide by 2, I get 102oz.

So, in consulsion: Water. Lots and lots of water. And my new minimum is 102oz (roughly 13 x 8oz)! :drinker:

*Manda*

This is GREAT!!! I hit a plateau once (before my current one) and I am convinced that the way I got off of it was by upping my water from 8 glasses to 12. Now I'm at 16 per day. The easiest way to get all that water in is to keep a large jug with you all day. Mine holds 6 glasses and I don't let myself eat lunch until it's gone. Then I refill it at lunch and my goal is to drink it before 3pm, when I have my afternoon snack. Then I drink 2 glasses with dinner and 2 with my workout!
  • NMandaMarie
    Options

This is GREAT!!! I hit a plateau once (before my current one) and I am convinced that the way I got off of it was by upping my water from 8 glasses to 12. Now I'm at 16 per day. The easiest way to get all that water in is to keep a large jug with you all day. Mine holds 6 glasses and I don't let myself eat lunch until it's gone. Then I refill it at lunch and my goal is to drink it before 3pm, when I have my afternoon snack. Then I drink 2 glasses with dinner and 2 with my workout!

:laugh: I've done that too! There has been a few times where wanted a snack (maybe an unhealthy option) and I told myself I couldn't have it until I drank X amount of water. :wink:
  • GoyaMommy13
    GoyaMommy13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    my first weigh in with you lovely fruity ladies!! i'm excited to be a part of this AND i did lose...technically. LOL. i gained last week (it should be called a birthweek not birthday!) so i lost what i gained plus .2 lbs! wohooo!

GOOO BANANAS!
  • thefreemans28
    Options
    WAY TO GO GOYA!!!!!!!!!!
  • paulahhhh
    Options
    Whether we gain or lose, I'm proud of all of us in this group! Why? B/c we're doing OUR best to get to where we want to be. Yes, we all have those days where we want to crawl under a rock b/c of what the day had brought us, but remember that WE are the ones in control here. WE control how our day will turn out.

<3 you ladies!!
  • cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Whether we gain or lose, I'm proud of all of us in this group! Why? B/c we're doing OUR best to get to where we want to be. Yes, we all have those days where we want to crawl under a rock b/c of what the day had brought us, but remember that WE are the ones in control here. WE control how our day will turn out.

<3 you ladies!!

WELL SAID!!!
  • EmilioA
    EmilioA Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love the weekend challenge idea!! It is extremely hard for me to stick to everything through the entire weekend. The last 4 weekends I have either been out of town or celebrating my birthday. My weekends for the immediate future are clear though, so hopefully that will make eating well and exercising easier.

Good job this week ladies!
  • warlocksmistress
    Options

<3 you ladies!!

LOVE THIS!!! :D
  • misslouisee
    misslouisee Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Updated my weight on spreadsheet now. Only a small loss, not even a lb. Really wish I could just have one good week! I've done LOADS of exercise this week, more than normal so I really hope I can stick to being good this weekend and have a super good week next week.
    Well done everyone for this week x