Let me know you a little better

Options

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,089 Member
    Options
    Even when face to face at the same dinner table, my kids' noses would never leave their phone screens if my wife and I didn't have the rule of no electronics at the table during family meal time. I know this because at other meals (say Sunday lunch), they sit there with phone in one hand, fork in the other, laughing in their own little world with barely a nod in acknowledgement of anybody else at the same table.
  • internationalplayboy
    Options
    idk man. I get plenty of real life interaction but my imaginary phone friends are so much better
  • bellababy9031
    bellababy9031 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Even when face to face at the same dinner table, my kids' noses would never leave their phone screens if my wife and I didn't have the rule of no electronics at the table during family meal time. I know this because at other meals (say Sunday lunch), they sit there with phone in one hand, fork in the other, laughing in their own little world with barely a nod in acknowledgement of anybody else at the same table.

Sounds like your kids need a boot in the *kitten*.

But that's just me.
  • bellababy9031
    bellababy9031 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    idk man. I get plenty of real life interaction but my imaginary phone friends are so much better

1-800-get 2 know me

29.99 a minute.

Call me, maybe?
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I am currently learning Korean (how to read/write/speak). My hope is to be able to at least navigate/ask for directions/hold small conversations with people.
  • nossmf
    Options
    I studied three different martial arts in my early 20's (karate, tae kwon do, and aikido), but it's been 20 years since I practiced any of them, and likely remember only enough to hurt myself rather than the other guy. Especially considering how much more flexible I was back then...
  • nossmf
    Options

I'm a member of a long-running online fantasy football league, played with the same guys since 2004. But while I know all their screen names by heart, I've never met any of them (spread literally across the globe), and think I know only two of their real names.
  • more_oomph
    more_oomph Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I want to revamp my online persona. I want to be the super bubbly and positive person that uses lots of exclamation points because deep down that is who I really am.
  • nossmf
    Options
    more_oomph wrote: »
    I want to revamp my online persona!!! I want to be the super bubbly and positive person that uses lots of exclamation points because deep down that is who I really am!!!

Fixed this for you.
  • Sofiapilla
    Sofiapilla Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I want to revamp my online persona. I want to be the super bubbly and positive person that uses lots of exclamation points because deep down that is who I really am.
    I want to revamp my online persona!!! I want to be the super bubbly and positive person that uses lots of exclamation points because deep down that is who I really am!!!

Fixed this for you.

Wait, no. One exclamatory sentence is okay as long as it is bookended by sentences with periods. A double exclamation point should only be used to reinforce a previously rejected compliment. And more than three exclamation points in a row (!!!) singularly indicates insanity. Anything more than three is.. well only russian bots do it so
  • internationalplayboy
    Options

Fixed this for you.

Wait, no. One exclamatory sentence is okay as long as it is bookended by sentences with periods. A double exclamation point should only be used to reinforce a previously rejected compliment. And more than three exclamation points in a row (!!!) singularly indicates insanity. Anything more than three is.. well only russian bots do it so

You forgot about the emojis
  • Sofiapilla
    Options

Fixed this for you.

The exclamation emojis specifically?
  • internationalplayboy
    Options

Fixed this for you.

i🍆 !
  • Sofiapilla
    Options

Fixed this for you.

i🍆 !

🤣
  • nossmf
    Options
    And more than three exclamation points in a row (!!!) singularly indicates insanity.

One definition of insanity is doing the same thing twice and expecting different results. However, this legitimately happens almost every day at my work. So I guess that means anytime I talk about my job, I should finish each sentence with !!!! (x4)
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,579 Member
    Options
    I have always had more male friends
    (just friends) than female.
    It wasn’t for lack of trying.
  • nossmf
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I can quote you the name, team, position, and relevant stats of 90% of NFL players (hundreds of players)...yet I often have difficulty remembering the names of coworkers. I know all their faces (well, in this day of mask wearing, their eyes), and the names of the ones I work most closely with, but the casual office people...eh...
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    I like my peanut butter in the fridge
    I've never farted in the gym
    That meatball sub looks deelish
    Pickles are good, but Wickles are amazing
    Hugs are nice...but never hug me when I'm about to cry bc I'll be ugly crying all over your shoulder
    I actually have four eyes bc I'm down with OCD
    I've never purchased underwear from the grocery store
    My toothbrush has batteries
    M&M' are just meh
    That's not what she said
    Good night

The only thing better than a third eye is a fourth

Also what’s a wickle