What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• more_oomph
    more_oomph Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Lorelei19 wrote: »
    That I've fallen into the stereotypical millennial mindset of "I want it now", as I impatiently wait for a package to arrive (that I ordered yesterday).
    I literally track the GPS and scream when they sit idle for too long

what are ya on a frickin water break? let's goooooooo
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    @nossmf Along the lines of your post, trying to sift through Medicare plans, making sense of crud they make much more difficult than it needs to be. BUT truly thankful for the people who help you through the process, simplifying it all so even *I* can understand it.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,541 Member
    Options
    The wind blowing a steady 25mph.
    I’m sure to get a headache. 🤯
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,594 Member
    Options
    The wind blowing a steady 25mph.
    I’m sure to get a headache. 🤯

Ugh, I hate high winds.

But it's really the only time I get any resistance training. :)
  • glassyo
    Options
    Not irked but PISSED OFF (also not surprised)...

Kenosha.
  • steelrod1
    steelrod1 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    In an attempt to avoid uncomfortable discussions and the possibility of separating members, I feel any further discussion of this should be avoided. Reguardless of how one feels perhaps a more light hearted irk can be addressed.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,766 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Leaves! All over the yard. Two days after they were raked and gone.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    My sweet pooch bringing dead things to my door 😒
  • glassyo
    Options
    steelrod1 wrote: »
    In an attempt to avoid uncomfortable discussions and the possibility of separating members, I feel any further discussion of this should be avoided. Reguardless of how one feels perhaps a more light hearted irk can be addressed.

It's why I left it at that. :p

And I'm irked it's starting to get cold at night and am I going to have to survive without my nightly "free" diet soda on my evening walks now??
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Yikes! I thought you wanted to keep it light-hearted. Be well.
  • steelrod1
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Yikes! I thought you wanted to keep it light-hearted. Be well.

Ha yea miss direction, kinda bites
  • cmsienk
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Are you calling me Miss Direction? 😅

Irked that my clothes dryer heat just went out. It's still blowing air - just nothing warm.
  • steelrod1
    Options
    Are you calling me Miss Direction? 😅

Irked that my dryer heat just went out. It's still blowing air - just nothing warm.

In no way am I implying any direction. Especially to you. lol. Sorry bout your dryer.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Leaves! All over the yard. Two days after they were raked and gone.

My favorite is when I go out of my way to rake/sweep them all up, only to have the lawn care people for our neighborhood blow them all BACK INTO MY PORCH AREA with their leaf blowers.

Like, c'mon.. really? :|
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    The dog-walker who put the neatly tied poop bag on top of my garbage when it was sitting at the curb waiting for collection. No, the garbage dudes won't throw it on the truck. No, it's not my problem to deal with now that it's sitting at the curb where my garbage used to be.
  • Lorelei19
    Lorelei19 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Work.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,326 Member
    Options
    Mixed irk/happy
    Long story.
    Irk: VA can’t see my husband for his (insert disturbing tale with blood where it shouldn’t be) for at least three more weeks.
    Happy: I figured this would be the case when we first had to go to the ER a couple weeks ago. So I got him an appointment with a local urologist for Tuesday.

It will cost a significant copay.
    Don’t care. We’re getting the thing done asap. And that even made the VA urology person happy, considering the circumstances.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I'm irked that my nose doesn't work like my dogs' noses. Obviously something had visited our backyard because my pups were very excited at 4:30 this a.m. Only smell that excited me at that time, was my coffee.