Less Alcohol ~ NOVEMBER 2021 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• 77topcat
    77topcat Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn - I’m doing Jenny Craig and all meals are frozen and I microwave them straight from the freezer like you would any frozen meal. I think so long as the meat/fish is defrosted fully and/or then cooked fully you can re-freeze and cook from frozen.
    Come to think of it before JC I would prep/cook in batches, freeze and microwave from frozen, even when preparing baby meals in advance. I’ve not poisoned anyone yet! The JC meals include proteins, veggies, carbs and sauces/gravy’s. Even ham banquettes and burgers.
    Let me know if you want to know some of the meals.
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    77topcat wrote: »
    @lmlmrn - I’m doing Jenny Craig and all meals are frozen and I microwave them straight from the freezer like you would any frozen meal. I think so long as the meat/fish is defrosted fully and/or then cooked fully you can re-freeze and cook from frozen.
    Come to think of it before JC I would prep/cook in batches, freeze and microwave from frozen, even when preparing baby meals in advance. I’ve not poisoned anyone yet! The JC meals include proteins, veggies, carbs and sauces/gravy’s. Even ham banquettes and burgers.
    Let me know if you want to know some of the meals.

Of course I would love any meals you would like to share! Just send me a message and we can narrow the list down to a few hundred <3

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,557 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn

There are some containers on the market that are freezer to microwave to dishwasher. Tupperware?
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Survived Monday being AF with husband and nothing bad happened, just a relaxing evening in front of the TV. We're repeating this again tonight.

I still hope MFP fixes the font size and background color. It's still too strange for me.

• dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @Lilylady3k
    I hope that your side effects are gone soon, and yeah, what ever reason we can come up with for an AF night is kind of a win.

@globalhiker
    Yes, this new format is painful. Not at all comfortable for the eyes, although surprisingly they seemed to maintain some sponsor ads. It just doesn't feel homey or intimate, these forums have almost lost their community feel in appearance. The new Navigating...nope, don't like it.
    I suppose that I will adapt. Lol, still really miss my XP and Windows 7.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    AF again yesterday. A 2 day streak. I even watched the movie Wine Country (had some funny moments) and didn't think of drinking wine. Today should be easy and I'll get another AF day in before Thanksgiving.

What's your Thanksgiving plan? I am visiting family so lucky me, I don't need to stock drinks at home for others. That is always a danger zone. I know my husband will drink and I will be driving. On holidays when so many people are out driving under the influence, mixing booze with their meds, I don't drink at all. My defensive driving skills need to be sharp.

I'll be focusing on Friday and go on a hike somewhere new.

Congrats @dawnbgethealthy, on hitting your "16"! and to @SpanishFusion for sharing your success...

Feel better @Lilylady3k!

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    @Lilylady3k thanks for the reminder- the shingles vaccine has been on my radar for a while but I still haven’t made the appointment. Did you have any side effects?

I moderated pretty well over the weekend, but I still need to tighten it up. Better than last weekend, so it’s an improvement.

Getting ready for Thanksgiving houseguests and a weekend of dinners out. I need to really nurse these drinks and spread them out over the course of the day tomorrow!
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    2 glasses of unplanned wine last night but I'm okay with it.

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm hosting lots of family today at my home. Planning for a couple of glasses of the nice French Chablis wine DH bought for dinner. However my plan also includes NOT having wine BEFORE we sit down.
    I have Rondel Zero from Spain. It's a Cava (non alcoholic champagne) for my pregnant DD & DIL since they were feeling left out last time we were together with wine.

After today we head to the camp for the rest of the month. Always a challenging alcohol situation! My pregnant DD will be with us ... so I'm hoping that I join her being AF instead of drinking with DH and her husband. :)

November accountability: 10/30 days AF
    Alcohol: 14 days (30 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

11/01 - 3 wine
    11/02 - AF
    11/03 - 2 wine
    11/04 - 2 wine
    11/05 - 3 wine
    11/06 - 👩‍🍼☔️ 💜😊💜 AF
    11/07 - 2 wine

11/08 - AF
    11/09 - 🍓 AF
    11/10 - AF
    11/11 - Torchy’s Tini
    11/12 - 2 wine
    11/13 - 2 drinks 💜😊💜 (1 wine + 1 blackberry liqueur & soda water)
    11/14 - 1 wine

11/15 - 📚 AF
    11/16 - 3 wine
    11/17 - 📚 AF
    11/18 - 🍓 AF
    11/19 - 🍾🥂2 wine
    11/20 - 3 wine 💜😊💜
    11/21 - 2 wine

11/22 - AF
    11/23 - AF
    11/24 - 2 glasses wine
    11/25 - Plan 2 drinks 🦃
    11/26 - 🎣
    11/27 - 🎣 💜😊💜
    11/28 - 🎣

11/29 - 🎣
    11/30 - 🎣
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I ended with 16AF days for October. My ongoing goal is 16-20 AF days.
    November 28th 2018 was when I started on this thread. My late Dad's birthday.
    I have learned to drink less over the past 3 years, although it was very tough at first weaning myself off of being a daily drinker.

Diary style is how I roll and keep track.

Friday November 19 - Drinks - May have drinks Saturday also, Sunday off! Even though it will be laundry, cleaning, puttering, how nice to have some days off.
    Saturday November 20 - 2 drinks. Nice relaxing day off, got lots done including more to the yard. Still some left to do there, but will do more Sunday.
    Sunday November 21 - AF - Friday and possibly Saturday next planned drinks hours
    Monday November 22 - AF - Kind of easier now that I am on straight day shifts and not exhausted at night and reaching for a drink. Change of plan for my Friday planned drinks hours - Saturday is the Symphony's Christmas concert and I want to be as fresh as possible to enjoy it. There hasn't been a Symphony for a long time due to the pandemic. I will likely have drinks with my friends that night. Hit my 16 : - )
    Tuesday November 23 - AF - Had quite a twinge while watching "Lakefront Bargain Hunt" when they were having cocktails on the dock. Shrugged it off. Upstate New York is so beautiful, love traveling to places through my TV : - )
    Wednesday November 24 - AF - I feel like having a regular set work schedule is helping me with my less drinks hours goal.

Rolling total: 18AF days out of 24 days.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Well, I did it. I tried Kombucha.
    As some of you might know I saw it being made on TV and got really grossed out.
    It also seemed to have lots of calories.

I pretty much try to avoid drinking my calories.

My AF beer has 35, I seldom drink juice, never drink calorie heavy smoothies and if I do have coffee out I ask for no sugar and skim milk for the fancy concoctions.
    Of course alcohol has calories, some types more than others. Trying to keep that to a couple of days per week.

Anyway, Safeway had 4-packs of Kombucha in their flyer for $5.99, so picked a couple up, put one of each variety in the fridge. 5 calories each, and purported health benefits.
    Last night I had one : - )

z27u4x16kyw2.png

I had just one glass of it because it contains teas which have caffeine. I covered the rest and put it in the fridge.

o2yqhgwuu7pb.png

Here are the ingredients of the Raspberry Lemonade variety. I don't know what Erythritol is. No sugar. A bit of potassium which I always need more of.

83wf3hq5r4ct.png

• lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 784 Member
    Options

o2yqhgwuu7pb.png

Here are the ingredients of the Raspberry Lemonade variety. I don't know what Erythritol is. No sugar. A bit of potassium which I always need more of.

83wf3hq5r4ct.png

Hi Dawn,
    Erythritol is an artificial sweetener that adds no calories or carbohydrates to food. It works well in baking as well as low calorie drinks. I actually have used it in cooking.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, I hope you are all able to celebrate with family and friends. I am so thankful to have some family near, and wish my family away could all be together. xxoo

• Lilylady3k
    Options
    Planned for 2 glasses of wine with dinner. Drank the non alcohol champagne before dinner. Drank 2 glasses of a lovely white wine with dinner. But then after everyone left I had a glass of red wine. So 3 for me this evening.
  • Lilylady3k
    edited November 2021
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy - Looks like the calories and carbs are almost equal. Though you can subtract the Erthritol for a 0 net carbs I believe!
    Erythritol is an organic compound, a sugar alcohol, used as a food additive and sugar substitute.

Raspberry Lemonade sounds good. How did it taste.