If you’re eating less than 1500 calories, you’re not healthy.

Options
2»

Replies

• Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Deanner03 wrote: »
    After doing a lot more research, I’ve realized that a lot of my “facts” are WAY off. Most of this post is just my opinion, which isn’t reliable at all. My past experiences have kind of clouded my judgement on the subject of dieting. While I’m still very firm in my belief of set point weight, I now understand that everyone is so different, and nothing is set in stone. Thanks to everyone who helped me understand!!!

I have to say, it takes a lot of guts to say "hey...I was wrong." Keep learning/evolving. We are ALL clouded by our personal experiences, and have the tendency to try to universally apply them to others. It's human nature. Good job on taking this well, acknowledging the knowledge deficit, and working to remedy it. It's not easy.

Hear, hear!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Seeing as my MAINTENANCE calories are around 1350...

I think I'll stick to my 1250 for weight loss, thanks.

OP will learn. We can hope, anyway...

OP has learned her lesson, this whole thread was a very good learning experience for her! She now knows not to post before doing her proper research!

Learning and growing is part of maturing.

We all once knew everything. ;)

LMAO
  • taurie
    taurie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I don’t necessarily agree with OP’s comments but she does write this with the AVERAGE PERSON in mind. Maybe the average person’s stats including age and lifestyle should defined?

In regards to intuitive eating… hormones have a lot influence so intuitive eating wouldn’t work until hormones are balanced. So maybe it should say ‘healthy average person’ with everything being defined and perhaps not even then as an absolute.

I’m 5’1” so below average height. When I’m healthy, meaning I have a healthy lifestyle and my hormones are balanced then intuitively eating does work.

I’m likely to maintain or even gain on 1,500 calories depending on how active I am. To lose weight my calories cannot be any higher than 1,200 but I’m not the average person.

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options
    well I am nearly 5 ft 4 in - not far off average female height - and I lost slowly on 1460.

and I really don't think one can make a sweeping statement where 'you' is aimed at everyone - and then say you only meant the average person.

Even OP has admitted it was erroneous.

• taurie
    taurie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    well I am nearly 5 ft 4 in - not far off average female height - and I lost slowly on 1460.

and I really don't think one can make a sweeping statement where 'you' is aimed at everyone - and then say you only meant the average person.

Even OP has admitted it was erroneous.

She lead her post with the average person but it didn't define if it was average male or female. I agree definitely agree that everyone is different and this wouldn't apply to a lot of people. We all have different lifestyles, ages, lean body mass... the list goes on and on. I was just putting across when intuitive eating has worked for me.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    When I’ve been cutting body weight in the past .. I did eat less than 1500 cals .. and I am a smaller boned, tall person. I have never been malnourished or considered unhealthy by my doctors or my peers.