WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,335 Member
    Options
    Debbie - I absolutely love Asian pears. One of our cats started peeing on the bed. Never our bed but every one of the other beds. What we finally realized was that he'd get anxious and pee. This didn't start until he was older. We now have one of those Felaway diffusers. He's also on fluoxitene which is basically kitty Prozac. Now does he just need the diffusers? We don't know but we don't want to take any chances. I know how frustrating it is. But the diffusers and fluoxiten seem to be doing the trick. Vince feeds the cats, too, on the counter where we eat. I tell him how much I don't like it but he continues too

Beth - (((hug)))

Heather - everyone loves the brownies. The ones like you make

Vicki - Jess is in Ames iowa. Just until she graduates this may.

Allie. - so glad you had such a wonderful trip

I'm determined that tomorrow I'm absolutely going to eat healthy. Even if I can't count calories and have to make substitutions but I'm going to do it.

Jess was studying for Monday's test so we went shopping. Went to the salvation army but didn't get anything. Then to hobby lobby. A while ago I used mother-of-pearl at ceramics, spilled some on the floor but couldn't get it cleaned. I found this Krud Kutter for cleaning brushes so got that. Maybe that will work.

I want an iowa state Hoodie. Found one that I like so we'll go to the bookstore while Jess is taking the test Monday and if they don't have it I'll back to the store and get it

Night everyone

Michele in Iowa now
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    Options
    November: leaner/stronger/kinder than October.
    Accountability:
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline, dog group
    Bonus: typed and emailed hymns, 33 mins filing, two loads laundry
    Just one thing:
    28: Discover your artistic side. Design a friendly greeting card. Hahahahahahahahaha!

Debbie ((hugs)) “…(given up on a lot of things)…” :cry: I shouldn’t poke my nose in, but I feel there is a significant difference between accepting some annoyances/compromising/choosing our battles and giving up on a lot of things. ((hugs)) hope your break is restorative.
    Kim I’d prefer your more concrete choices. Good idea.
    Beth ((hugs)) :cry: ((hugs))
    Vicki ((hugs)) prayers for good answers on the 1st. ((hugs))
    Allie :love: your resilience and capacity for enjoyment.
    KJ looking forward to pics of the gingerbread playhouse.
    Lisa rejoicing that you’re feeling better and glad you dodged the grands’ upset tums.
    Okie beautiful pic! Reminded me of Yosemite at New Year’s.
    Michele if the Krud Kutter doesn’t work, try “Goof Off” ;)

Misty but mild today at dog group. Almost 60 F and felt great. Looking forward to Monday’s massage. Tuesday’s dental filling not so much. Then Thursday C, T and I will stroll through Azalea Park’s Nature’s Coastal Holiday Festival of Lights. Really missed it last year.

Lighter, lovelies!
    wouhifpocyry.gif
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    Options
    Machka: I was not surprised when I went through the whole rigmarole and discovered at the end that the Sleep Quiz was a simple email harvesting exercise.

WHICH! Magazie (official magazine of the UK Consumers' Association) recommends that these scams should be ignored. This quiz was a waste of my time. Needless to say, I did not give them my email.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    Options
    7rj6mrtvl64w.png
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka: I was not surprised when I went through the whole rigmarole and discovered at the end that the Sleep Quiz was a simple email harvesting exercise.

WHICH! Magazie (official magazine of the UK Consumers' Association) recommends that these scams should be ignored. This quiz was a waste of my time. Needless to say, I did not give them my email.

I used my "junk" email for it. :) I have one email address I use for potential junk mail. I'd never use my real email for stuff like this.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    Terri - I just mark it as Spam and never see it again.

Popping out to get stamps for my early Christmas cards.

We left the heat on all night last night as frost was forecast, but we didn't get any. Good job though as I was awake from 3.30 - 6.30. I didn’t feel particularly worried about anything, but my brain was active. I may be pondering the wisdom of handing over thousands of pounds for a cruise which might never happen because of the Omicron variant. :#:* We have just over a fortnight to decide.
    Money always gets me in a tizz.

Had to break off to answer the door to a very jolly Amazon man, bearing piles of packets and boxes. It's a day early, but it's nearly all done now.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    Terri - I just mark it as Spam and never see it again.

Popping out to get stamps for my early Christmas cards.

We left the heat on all night last night as frost was forecast, but we didn't get any. Good job though as I was awake from 3.30 - 6.30. I didn’t feel particularly worried about anything, but my brain was active. I may be pondering the wisdom of handing over thousands of pounds for a cruise which might never happen because of the Omicron variant. :#:* We have just over a fortnight to decide.
    Money always gets me in a tizz.

Had to break off to answer the door to a very jolly Amazon man, bearing piles of packets and boxes. It's a day early, but it's nearly all done now.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Yeah, my "junk" email address has strong spam protection. It's rare that something spamish gets through and if it does, I mark it as spam and don't see it again.

I'm very reluctant to travel off our little island for at least the next 6 months. I want to wait and see how the winter in the northern hemisphere goes before I consider even a few days in Brisbane next June. It isn't over yet.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    7rj6mrtvl64w.png

Plus a couple hours of weeding! Our lot is starting to feel bigger than it did. There are so many areas that each present a challenge. No wonder my husband kind of lost control of it all.

The section I worked on today is a thin strip between our fence and the footpath. It was chockers full of weeds - lots of different ones, but especially tall thorns. They're gone now! Plus I swept and tidied up the area next to the footpath.

The arms and shoulders have had a workout this weekend!

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    I slept well ,being back home with my little guy even though he hogs the bed..
    AuntieBK- my take on things I guess is different after having the 2 heart surgeries and realizing just how precious life is,and how very special some people are in your life..
    I must tell you when the good lord takes Doris I will be a basket case ..we mean so much to each other even though there is no relation..
    Well im just relaxing and will get up and get dressed,there are some free books by Doris' favorite author that were free on Facebook im going to pick up and drop off to her and then down for the covid test and back home to do laundry and other stuff.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Hello you guys! Sorry i have been off the boards. i know that most or all of you forgive us when we are off boards. I'm unable to read back 18 pages and even less to comment thoughtfully so I'lll read the last two or three and jump back on board where i am. I am impressed by those of you who are able to do a much more sizable catch up!

I started to catch read some days ago in the evening and then dozed off or something.
    10 days ago, in the bus my phone was disappeared. Then 3 days later the new computer went kaput. I brought it quickly to apple store, very luck to get a quick appointment which is rare. They said return for last Thursday, but NO, many bugs in communication, and they send it for repair Czech Republic now!! on Friday no promise as to return date. What a racket, whereas i paid for the expensive apple care and there is a franchise. Apple service is not what it used to be.

Then when dropping off my computer last Saturday, in very busy upscale shopping district at midday Saturday, my scooter was stolen. I couldn't believe it!! I checked to see if had been towed maybe 20 times.

Insurance covers all but it is time consuming.

How to keep up paperwork administrative tasks-wise? Not sure! The load keeps increasing.

Went to movie last night (house of gucci), my reviews are mixed like those online. I found the story historically so interesting anyway and of course top notch actors. First time going to movie theatre in a very very very long time.

Coffee with friend neighbor this morning.
    Invited other neighbors over for "apero" = cocktail, this time soft drinks/herb tea and a few nibbles.

I need to clean and stash my paper mess or at least part of it.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    Beth i am so sorry for all you are going through. are there some aid options : medicaid medicare other. my sister has long been disabled (unable to work) only rather late in life it was determined that her disability allowed her help etc. when she had very serious cancer with chimeo she couldn't walk more than a few steps without falling. She was allowed a person coming 2x 2h a week to help with shopping or laundry or cleanign as needed and this continues. Do you think you or your parents have any right to any of that?
    Or a paid helper on occasion if you have the means?
    I feel since i'm 50 if i can afford occasional paid help and feel i need it it is acceptable. Before 50 i really didn't like help. But i'm far less energetic than when i was 35.

Sending you hugs.

Matchka i can understand wanting to not plan travel at present. I would normally have left for Italy last summer possibly but everything just feels high risk and iffy with ups and downs of COVID waves.

Hello and hugs to all that need them.
    I'll hopefully catch up as we go along.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    Grateful:
    some supportive people
    friends
    café

To do today:
    Clean
    Hide paper mess in way i can find it again! :D
    Welcome my neighbors warmly and acceptably for tea/pre dinner soft drink.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    The sun was shining and the palm tree wasn't waving its fronds too much, so I asked DH if he would walk with me on my run by the sea. <3
    It was glorious out there. I counted five swimmers. :o It's around 3°C.
    A lot of people and dogs, but well behaved. I was pleased I got round my 5k as I was so short of sleep. Next week's weather is going to be mixed, so I needed to seize the moment.
    Now for a cup of tea and a nap.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)<3B)o:)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    We have been staying with our son & daughter in law’s home and enjoying every minute. We will be here a little bit longer. We’ve had a wonderful time with our with our family here in Virginia. We will fly home to Oregon soon. For now we are enjoying every minute we can with our family.

Katla, in Virginia for a little while longer
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,525 Member
    Options
    We had a great time yesterday at my sisters home, one brother and mother were there. There were about 28 people there (including kids). As usual, I started as the kitchen person, washing dishes, putting away dishes, putting away leftovers.. good times
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    Well I washed my bedding and the throws from the couch. Darn fleas. Next is vacuuming my room and Teddy's favorite resting spots, after the football game. Then, a trip to the store for some powder for the carpet. I don't want to use a spray on my mom's good oriental rug. I did Teddy's flea treatment between his shoulders, so he should be better quickly. But I can't bathe him yet. I might buy him a new bed. According to the article I read, I should vacuum all his spots including the furniture and under it, every other day for eight weeks. I will never last that long!

Annie in Delaware

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    I bought Adam's carpet powder for fleas. It seems like I have to do it just right to kill the fleas without poisoning my dog. Vacuum lightly to get up the loose powder but don't vacuum for 24 hours? I might put a washable throw over the spot to keep the powder off my dog while it works.
    The good news is that I ran his bed through the washer/dryer and it didn't fall apart. It isn't really dry though. The adventure continues!

Annie in Delaware