• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
    Morning peeps
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,735 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Well went to knit and stitch ans one of my friends is no longer coming will have to find out why,might be the new director..
    Also over the years you have heard me talk of my dear elderly friend Ruth up on Cape Cod who was in a nursing Home,her husband died in 2016 and I was able to be with him at hopsice the day before he passed.
    Unfortunately I found out not through the nursing home they wont give you information but through the funeral home Ray was buried out of when Ruth passed and it was June of last year.. what pains me so as I would have been there for her too.but it was smack in the middle of covid and I am hoping she didnt pass from that, she has no family except for a niece in Germany and i was as close to a granddaughter to them both and it just breaks my heart that she died without family there.. I had called a few yrs ago and told them to please contact me if she was in transition, and they chose not to and for that i am mad.. but alas what can I do..
    Doris and I will go visit them as I found out they are buried at the veterans cemetery in Bourne, Massachusetts on the Cape.. so that is right as we go over the bridge..
    Oh the memories we have with both of them many good memories..
    The one that is really going to do me in is when Doris goes. I just dont even want to think about it,but she has longevity on her side her mom lived to be 96 and lived alone the whole time..
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 25min 25sec, 3.34ap, 86ahr, 103mhr, 106elev, 8.13mi= 736c
    Strava app= 982c
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,264 Member
    Options
    Had a 30% off code, so ordered delivery of fish and chips from our favourite shop. They didn't open! ! Must have staff problems. Uber cancelled the order, so we had to find another chippy. Getting a bit late for my tummy! :o Found one and we've just eaten the HUGEST portion you've ever seen. I had to leave a lot of chips, which is unheard of for me. :p (chips are fries)

Good job I did extra rowing this afternoon!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    Options
    dv97mt3z5zcb.jpeg
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Went into work today at a little after 5. Got most everything done. I had told them before that I had a MD appt. What I didn’t get done, they said not to worry about coming back. So I went to Food Lion, got milk and sweet potatoes (they’re on sale for 29 cents/pound). Now have yogurt in the IP. Prebowled for when we’re in Iowa. We just finished putting out the “fence” for christmas

Spoke to the doc about my leg hurting when I walk. He suggested taking ibuprofed. I realized that since I started working 5 days/week, I tend not to change my inserts from one set of shoes to another. So I’m going to try being extra-vigilant about doing this and see what happens. Why do docs always immediately suggest medication???

Allie – you’re doing a wonderful job

Rebecca – one thing I wish (but I know it can’t happen) is the every doctor have access to one patient portal. This way one doc would see that another doc prescribed pain pills so won’t. But I know that won’t happen

Got my flu shot and pneumonia. You know, a few years ago all you’d see are signs “get your flu shot here” Now all you see are “get your COVID shot here”. I almost forgot about the flu shot!

SueBDew – the reason I’m having trouble getting exercise in is because I was always a “first thing in the a.m. exerciser”. If it doesn’t get done first thing in the morning, I find every excuse in the book not to do it. I thought if at least I could go to the gym on the weekends, that might help. But as it turns out, they don’t open early. For some reason, I don’t seem to mind taking a walk – IF the weather cooperates You know what I’m looking forward to going to see Jess (in add’n to seeing her). Being able to exercise at the hotel. The work I do is prepping the lettuce, tomatoes, onion, cheese and pickles at a local Burger King. OK, not that glamorous. But it works for me. It’s 5 minutes from my house. To a certain extent I can make my own hours. Like last week I needed to go for a blood test. I usually get to work around 7 but that day it was OK to go in at 8:30. Today I had a MD appt at 9 so I went in at 5 and did most of the things. I don’t want to work 8 hours/day. I want to spend time with Vince. I’m usually done to 3-1/2 hours or so. To me, that is enough

Katla – safe travels

Margaret - if I remember correctly, in July of this pandemic, they were suggesting putting out Christmas decorations to make people feel better.

Barbie – whenever we’ve had a problem with Chewy, they’ve always responded positively. Like there was one time we ordered cat food and cat treats. Well, the container of cat treats broke and they were all over. Chewy sent us another container.

All 9 of the Christmas trees are up and the lights are on a few.

Michele NC
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Well i went and picked Carmine up at school and dropped her off at home,Tracy got home from her Drs appt so she took her to the guitar lesson,but at least I got a few words on the way home thats a plus
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,264 Member
    Options
    Allie - apparently it's easier to find a pronoun in French. The new one for your situation is iel, a combination of il and elle. ( I don't like 'they', it doesn't flow well. ) I do like iels, the plural, because even if you had a hundred women and one man, it would still be ils under the old grammar. Grrr!

Nearly got everyone on board about no adult Christmas presents. Just DSIL to go. We are not seeing anyone Christmas Day. I hope to have the kids round for tea, maybe Christmas Eve.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,368 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!

Popping in here with a question - a year or 2 ago there was discussion in this group about under the desk peddlers/ellipticals. I'm shopping for one for me, and also hoping DH will use it a little to strengthen his legs. If I get one that's quiet and easy to use, he might be intrigued enough to give it a try.

Suggestions please!

Barbie - glad you didn't wash away a few days ago. I'm a little concerned about Sue in W Wa and Betsy, and any others who are north of Seattle. My heart goes out to everyone injured and inconvenienced by the floods. We got it in our community in Dec 2007 when the Chehalis river flooded - rescues from rooftops, roads washed out (including I-5), lots of property damage. Small compared to the widespread damage in the NW part of our state and BC.

Make it a good evening!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,942 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Rebecca – one thing I wish (but I know it can’t happen) is the every doctor have access to one patient portal. This way one doc would see that another doc prescribed pain pills so won’t. But I know that won’t happen

Michele NC

It can happen, and there are moves toward it.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,942 Member
    Options
    One of our Peace roses ...

958yk2o7cr56.png
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Heather - I like that alot better but that wont fly in the english speaking north here unless I can get Carmine to branch out and use that .. something new and purely there own at least for now.. will let Carmine know.. thank you
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    1756773k3idbu3mjk.gif
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Lisa - friends sure do help get us through.

Allie - they may not have been legally able to contact you. We are only able to contact certain people and it’s all decided by the power of attorney. In some cases some children aren’t notified by us just the ones that we are directed to.

I was appointed the chair of our social club committee at work today. I wasn’t given a lot of choice in the matter. It’s not really a position I want, maybe I’ll convince everyone to vote to disband it. It always causes turmoil and contention.

Tonight I have ceramics, if I wasn’t under pressure to complete my projects I would actually not go tonight. I’m tired.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    :s Too rainy for my evening walk so I had to walk back and forth in the house to get my step counter up to 10,000 steps. Now I can relax.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    I was so exhausted that I laid down and fell asleep for about a hour. Not sure if it’s because I got up so early or a reaction to the flu shot or a combination of both.

Drkatie – that was very nice of you to take in the cat. Our first one “followed Jess home from school” By the time we got him cleaned up, he was one very beautiful cat

Michele NC
    who is off to bed
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    <3