WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Oh Annie im so sorry...
    I finished one afghan ,starting Tracys now.. we shall see how this goes..its not perfect but will keep her warm...
    At least it has been made with love ...
    Found some paperbacks of Doris favorite author free on Facebook,so I snuck up early and left them on her chair. She was so excited.....its the little things
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,385 Member
    Options
    For those trying that rest quiz, there's a really good take on all seven kinds in The Guardian.

My results were mixed:
    Category Scores
    Physical Rest Score: 22
    Mental Rest Score: 17
    Emotional Rest Score: 21
    Spiritual Rest Score: 12
    Social Rest Score: 24
    Sensory Rest Score: 32
    Creative Rest Score: 18

Evidently, I have a really hard time tuning out the world's noise. It's the only one that came up over 25. This does not surprise me in the slightest. In the days I spend alone, I seldom have any noisemakers on, I just paddle around my mental kiddie pool with my water wings on, and occasionally talk to Egg. She doesn't seem to mind. I always wanted to try one of those sensory deprivation tanks. Sounds wonderful to me!

Later y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,540 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Housecleaning etc- 3hrs 46min 28sec, vacuum, dust, sweep front patio, help bring toilet bowl downstairs, reorganized some kitchen cabinets = 1049c

1049 total cal
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Must have missed the quiz ,did you post it Machka? Was probably up at the Cape and didnt have time to do it..would love if someone would post it again
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,385 Member
    Options
    Must have missed the quiz ,did you post it Machka? Was probably up at the Cape and didnt have time to do it..would love if someone would post it again

Here you go, Allie.

https://www.restquiz.com/quiz/rest-quiz-test/
  • pipcd34
    Options
    My handyman husband installed a new water saving , better flushing toilet in our upstairs master bathroom
    lkemr71avroc.jpeg
    9jr559gvuylg.jpeg
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    My handyman husband installed a new water saving , better flushing toilet in our upstairs master bathroom
    lkemr71avroc.jpeg
    9jr559gvuylg.jpeg

All, or almost all, toilets in Australia are like that. :)
  • Machka9
    Options
    Evidently, I have a really hard time tuning out the world's noise. It's the only one that came up over 25. This does not surprise me in the slightest. In the days I spend alone, I seldom have any noisemakers on, I just paddle around my mental kiddie pool with my water wings on, and occasionally talk to Egg. She doesn't seem to mind. I always wanted to try one of those sensory deprivation tanks. Sounds wonderful to me!

Later y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Me too!

Float tanks are becoming more popular here and I'd like to try one.

I do play music I like (usually something in the broad "classical" range), but that's because I've got tinnitus and the music helps drown it out.

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,090 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,341 Member
    Options
    Barbara - already used the "goof off " didn't work

Julie - so sorry about your scooter

Minicooper - (((hug)))

To me it was shortly after breakfast but I know jess Colby and his mother didn't have breakfast so we went to this Mongolian place that Jess wanted to take us to since Vince could get his bland, I can have my vegetables and Colby can get spicy. It was good but reminded me of a place by us. Vince didn't know that you can just get things like vegetables, crab etc and have them grill it.

Oh, this morning went to Walmart because Vince wanted to get lotion to for his legs. I got some bananas for me (one of which I am eating right now

We ran out of data so I'm typing this from jess' place

After eating we walked their downtown. Got PJ this puzzle that makes sounds when you lift the pieces up. Denise likes things for him that give instant gratification. Personally, I'd like for him to have to use his imagination, but it's not my child

KJ - are there any toys you would recommend for a 3 year old? He'll be 3 in May

I felt bad in a sense for jess and Colby. His mother many times made reference to when they got married and when they had a child. I feel "it'll happen when and if they want it. In the meantime, I'll just continue to love them and support whatever decision they make ". But I also realize that she's a devout mormon and they have a strong family oriented. She's a very nice person, don't get me wrong. Well, I know jess and Colby are strong enough to not give in to any pressure (unlike Denise)

Michele
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    This is Sunday November 28, 2021. In three more days it will be December, 2021. I spent the day with my family at Jamestown and had a very good time going through shops. We were there with our Son, DDIL and their two boys. The youngest is a new baby. My wonderful daughter in law has been decorating the house for Christmas and has done a grand job of it. :heart:
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,912 Member
    Options
    :) Hello, Everybody.
    I haven't had much to say because my life has been so predictable and peaceful. I walked in the drizzle with the dogs this morning and more vigorous drizzle with my Sunday walking friend. My clothes were damp and I was chilled so after lunch I opted to take a nap. I woke up warmer and drier and more rested. In a few minutes I'll go out again to walk while I talk on my phone with my friend from out of state who calls at 6 every Sunday. With more holiday lights up every night, the walk keeps getting more entertaining. We had our regular drive to town this morning to pick up groceries. I love the service. After groceries we returned two books to the library. There is a lot of figure skating for me to watch on TV while I ride my exercise bike and knit another blanket for Project Linus.

:)Katla, I am so glad to hear that your visit to Virginia is still going well for you.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Later y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Me too!

Float tanks are becoming more popular here and I'd like to try one.

I do play music I like (usually something in the broad "classical" range), but that's because I've got tinnitus and the music helps drown it out.

M in Oz

I did a float tank a couple years ago, and I loved it. Once I settled down. I do get a little claustrophobic, so I had to talk myself into shutting the top completely, but once I did, I settled in, and actually fell asleep. I was very, very relaxed.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I did an online quiz on rest - evidently there are 7 types of rest and this quiz is meant to identify which area of rest you need to focus on attaining and which areas of rest you're doing well at.

My results:

How To Interpret Your Results: Based on your input, the type of rest with the highest score is the one you should focus on. It is the primary type of rest you are missing in your life. If you score 0-15: You are getting adequate rest in this area f you score 16-25: You are experiencing rest in this area but would thrive with more. If you score 26-35: You are feeling the effects of your lack of rest and need a change. If you score >35: Your life is negatively affected by your lack of rest in this area.

Category Scores
    Physical Rest Score: 30
    Mental Rest Score: 29
    Emotional Rest Score: 32
    Spiritual Rest Score: 24
    Social Rest Score: 36
    Sensory Rest Score: 38
    Creative Rest Score: 32

OK ... um ... where do I even start!! I was actually a bit surprised by this. I didn't think it was that bad!

Sensory, my worst score is: The opportunity to downgrade the endless onslaught of sensory input received from electronics, fragrances, and background noise.

That's one of the reasons I've discovered I don't like living so close to and working in a city.

So in an attempt to fix that, it's about time I got out and did some yard work! Beautiful sunny day out there!

M in Oz

afxm2gwepil0.png

By the way, the sensory rest is mostly about screen time for me. Unfortunately, it is really difficult to reduce screen time when my job is all about screen time!

However, I do get out for about an hour most days at lunch to go for a walk.

At home, I'm often in front of my computer screen too, but I am trying to get outside for a walk or cycle or gardening now that summer's almost here, and I colour.

Plus not last weekend but the one before, we spent the weekend on Maria Island with nothing but our phones, which I didn't use much. Incidentally, that story is on its way! I decided to try my hand at a bit of creative writing. So the story is partially what actually happened and partially what might have happened. :)

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    I forget if I told you all that we are scheduled to go to Fiji next Sunday for a week--5 days in country. We are holding our breaths. We scheduled this trip before Covid, and we have had to push it three or four times. Fiji is supposed to open up December 1, but with this new variant on the rise, we shall see. They could still shut it down. I don't think the airlines will let us push it again. We really do not want a refund because we got incredible deals on the airfare. I was initially thinking I wouldn't be able to do anything, but I am beginning to feel like I may be able to do some kayaking and light hiking. No ocean swimming, of course. We need this break after the last six months that we have had, and to prepare for whatever is to come.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

Advice about Fiji, from Australia's perspective ...

https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/destinations/pacific/fiji

Scroll through the Overview, Safety, Health, etc.

I have a work colleague from Fiji and I think the last time she went home was in December last year when things eased up a little here. But then she had 2 weeks of quarantine on the way back.

M in Oz

• pipcd34
    Options
    Piiiiii
  • Machka9
    Options
    bf7mpd9bkspu.png