WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    <3Allie, many hugs to you and your teenage grandchild.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Allie - What a blessing you can be to your grandchild. A non-judgmental listening ear can be a literal life-saver. I wish you lots of compassion and courage. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx who is off to pick up Bea in a few minutes. :D
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,392 Member
    Options
    Annie - welcome back! Glad you were able to get back in. I find it funny that they made all these changes and didn't anticipate how much people liked the way the community used to be.

Allie - It seems that Carmine (Taliah) may have had a reason for all the teenage angst that y'all have been dealing with. If it's upsetting to you, can you imagine what the inside of his head looks like? He just needs you to be there, and you're an amazing grandma, he's lucky to have you.

Heather - thank you for that sensitivity link, fascinating reading.

Tracey - Sympathies on watching your daughter's relationship woes. My kids each have one divorce apiece already, at 28 and 30 years old. Sounds like your daughter and son-in-law are trying hard to make it work.

Debbie - Holy giant pomegranates! Never seen one that big. Like your mom, I'm streaming CSI-Miami. I think the police procedurals, in general, are soothing, possibly because they're so far away from our own lives.

Barbara AHMOD - That water is awfully close to your house!

Feeling well this morning, nearly 7 hours sleep... ran out to do a couple of errands. Did one, came straight back home. I'm learning to pay attention to my body. Back resting now, hopefully stopped soon enough that things will settle.

Love y'all,
    Lisa
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Hugs for you Allie and for Talia/Carmine. I had a friend who changed her name, took me forever to relearn it. I stumbled through using both names together for years. Hope you can ease his transition.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Yyyyyy
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    Yay! Finally got my phone number switched to my new phone. The ID numbers I needed were on the box. If they had been labeled consistently, it would have been easy. But I had to go through all the customer support number and the chat and the activation app several times before I got a person to tell me the device id is the IMEI number. Now I will keep this phone for five years again and it will all change again. Oh well that is part of the price of a smartphone. Still haven't gotten my music transferred.

So now that I have more room for new apps, what are your favorites?

Annie in Delaware
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    Hmm I could get Disney + or Amazon Music Unlimited for my birthday!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family to stores n bk- 2hrs 24min 18sec, 60elev, 2.89ap, 80ahr, 113mhr, 8.23mi= 917c
    Strava app = 993c
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    I did get to take a walk today. Let me tell you, this getting exercise in is hard stuff. I can’t seem to get my routine.

Ceramics tonight.

Tracey – tell me how the smell from a restaurant sticks! Just about every day I run it thru the washing machine. Today I asked the (what I think is) assistant manager if I could get another shirt. In a way I was expecting them to say “yes, it’ll be xxx” but she just said that they’d have to order it and I can have one when it comes in

I hate how when ;you log in, it takes you to the last page, not where you left off reading. So I’ll post now.

Michele NC
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    I'm going to rant a little. This afternoon, the man who winterizes my irrigation was bitten by a copperhead that was down in the well of the shut-off valve. He killed and bagged up the snake, and followed me in his van to the ED. I parked both of our cars while he got registered. Then I went to sit with him in the waiting room. Time passed. I finally went to report that his hand was now double its normal size and asked how much longer it would be. They said there were still two ahead of him. I asked if the two ahead of him had more urgent problems than a copperhead bite. They said they didn't know; the list he was on was a waiting list to be triaged. So the way they do it is a first-come-first-served list to be triaged, then after triage, if you have an urgent enough problem, you get to go to the treatment area before other people. Can I just say that is not triage in any sense of the word. When I got home, I called an administrator to suggest they analyze their current door-to-treatment-area protocol and consider a change.

Karen in Virginia

There's so many things that the ER could do in the first couple hours of a snake bite to help the patient! I'm not even a doctor and I know that time is of the essence when dealing with snake bites. When Lee would have to go to the ER, because his bile duct would plug, he would get jaundice, and would need help in getting that dealt with. But because he was a liver transplant recipient, we always got "head of the line" privileges. I felt bad, especially if there were elderly or kids in the ER waiting room. Many a time I got some looks. Each place seems to have their own protocol huh?
    Rebecca
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Put fresh nectar in the feeder and this little fellow didn’t even wait for me to leave!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Had a WONDERFUL time with Bea and the others, it warms our hearts. <3 We spent ages in the park in the gathering dusk while she climbed every tree! Then we went back to chaos at the house. DH is a saint and plays all their crazy games. I sit and show them funny animal videos on Instagram.

gm343i918lpg.jpg

I've ordered Bea's Christmas present. She wanted a new long party dress. She wears her old one all the time apart from school. I got this one. It has a detachable cape!
    y1r9tfwgsbjy.jpg

I'm writing an article for Huffington Post UK. The chances of it getting in are minimal, but I'm enjoying the challenge of fitting into the house style. :p;) I'm doing it on my phone with a new app because Word has rendered itself Read Only until I pay more money. Not happening. I have proper Word on my laptop, but I like just scribbling on my phone when I have a spare moment. It is less daunting. I'm enjoying trying something new.

My son has asked us to babysit at their house on Sunday morning so they can go on a bicycle ride together over the South Downs. Then we will all go out for a pizza at Fatto a Mano. :p Delighted.

Lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    Options
    u416771dnfmj.jpeg
    lyflz40p12is.jpeg
    yb2v376sckjh.jpeg
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    a young yogi!!! so darn cute