WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    An interesting article in the Guardian for those of us who feel too much and are supersensitive.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/nov/15/visionaries-overemotional-people-happiness-sensitivity-smells-sounds

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Interesting. I'm rather sensitive. I'm not the MOST sensitive but not the least by any means. Living in a massive city has made me less sensitive I guess.

oh, tired after a long day of this and that. mood much better than this morning. that's a plus!
    someone I interacted a good month ago who was all pissy was all smooth today. I was under the impression that she was having a bad day the other time, but I don't know her well enough to gage....

looooong bus rides today. on googlemap it said the bus rides would be 31-35 min, including current traffic. The way there was at least 45 min and the way back at least 1h! (on both occasions the busses were 15 min late at least!) Not worth it! the subway+walking is a real 30 min or so! on the last bus back it listed the wrong stop and said 584,387 minutes to arrive at destination. :D Hey it looks like we are more back to the old format in many ways (spoilers, just a few emojis to choose from, not scores...)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :)Kelly I haven't stopped teaching my class. I just took a break while I consider it unsafe. As long as there is an indoor mask mandate I won't be teaching. If I had decided to give up teaching I would let my class know about the other class

:)Heather, Gretchen Rubin says that working is the most dangerous form of procrastination. I can avoid doing a difficult task by working on something easier and pretend that I am working oon something more significant

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    favmoh6epq6o.jpeg
    Well, I’m hoping I posted a photo of our waterfront! It’s been raining so much that our little babbling brook has turned into quite a torrent. For reference the white post on the left side of the photo is the edge of our patio.
    Evelyn on very wet Vancouver Island
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    gb4rnapn79dj.jpeg
    We have waterfront property! So very glad we live on the uphill…..
    For a bit of reference the white post on the left side of the photo is on the edge of our deck.
    Evelyn, getting wet on Vancouver Island
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,392 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    "Gretchen Rubin says that working is the most dangerous form of procrastination."

true this
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    Flea: So pleased that you are through the surgery. It sounds very hopeful. Keeping everything crossed that you have good news all round.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 37min 25sec, 37elev, 87ahr, 103mhr, 5.23mi= 468c
    Strava app= 632c
    Zwift home spin bike- 33.59min. 198elev, 103aw, 67arpm, 137ahr, 154mhr, 10mi= 301c
    Zwift app= 202c
    Other- 1hr 26min 1sec, swept front walkway and patio, finish emptying out Bette washing putting away dishes, etc= 396c

Total cal 1165
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    An interesting article in the Guardian for those of us who feel too much and are supersensitive.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/nov/15/visionaries-overemotional-people-happiness-sensitivity-smells-sounds

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Interesting. I'm rather sensitive. I'm not the MOST sensitive but not the least by any means. Living in a massive city has made me less sensitive I guess.

oh, tired after a long day of this and that. mood much better than this morning. that's a plus!
    someone I interacted a good month ago who was all pissy was all smooth today. I was under the impression that she was having a bad day the other time, but I don't know her well enough to gage....

looooong bus rides today. on googlemap it said the bus rides would be 31-35 min, including current traffic. The way there was at least 45 min and the way back at least 1h! (on both occasions the busses were 15 min late at least!) Not worth it! the subway+walking is a real 30 min or so! on the last bus back it listed the wrong stop and said 584,387 minutes to arrive at destination. :D Hey it looks like we are more back to the old format in many ways (spoilers, just a few emojis to choose from, not scores...)

That's my bus ride every day! Work days. The schedule says it should take 35 minutes each way. On a really good day it does. Many days it's at least 45 minutes each way. Once in a while (especially when it rains) it is over an hour.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    Options
    evie1958 wrote: »
    gb4rnapn79dj.jpeg
    We have waterfront property! So very glad we live on the uphill…..
    For a bit of reference the white post on the left side of the photo is on the edge of our deck.
    Evelyn, getting wet on Vancouver Island

My family is in lower mainland BC and throughout southern BC. I'm hearing a lot about landslides and closed highways because of the rain.

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    Rori:
    RV Rita:
    (((Hugs))) Hang in there.

Had a great time at daughter’s birthday celebration lunch yesterday. She loved her presents.

Going to visit a friend tomorrow morning. She wants some advice about an afghan she is crocheting.

Blessings to everyone. I’m bushed tonight and going to bed early.

☘️ Terri
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Karen – Thanks for the suggestion regarding Uber. The distance from here to the airport is long. We may have a neighbor who will take us to the airport. We will need to ask. We took a drive out to the airport vicinity yesterday and had a look at some options. We were not pleased due to high costs for parking our car while we are away. It seemed very expensive. We’re taking one step at a time. It is not fun at this point. :ohwell: We are scheduled to fly to VA on November 19, and will likely return home in December. Our son and his family live in Williamsburg. :star:

Allie – I hope things go well for you at the transplant center. :heart:

SueBDew – I’m glad to see you here again. Sending good thoughts your way. :flowerforyou:

Flea – We are planning to fly out of PDX on November 19. We looked into shuttles while we were out in the vicinity and are trying to figure things out. A shuttle from here to the airport would be very pricey. Parking at the airport is also pricey. We may be gone for more than a month. Some neighbors recently returned from a trip. Perhaps they well have good suggestions. Contacting the airport about the garage is a very good idea. Thank you.

We changed our plan for the airport. We're spending a night in a hotel and they will baby sit our car until we get back. They will take us by van to the airport and pick us up when we return. We can get our car from them when we return.. :flowerforyou:

Katla in NW Oregon

I hope I haven't repeated too much or left out anything . I want Lisa to know how much I appreciate her help in our being able to stay in touch. :heart:
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,949 Member
    Options
    got back in town just in time to pick up my daycare girl. Unloaded the car after I picked her up, stopped and played at the park with her friend(her friend wasn't there last week because she was sick, before that it rained on the days we usually would see her).
    Had a nice but unproductive weekend with mom. That was kind of nice. She was tired after we did food program at church Saturday because she was up at 4 AM- she napped with the tv on-(loud and a CSI marathon-she only seems to watch ION TV channel- CSI, Criminal Minds, which was on all yesterday, Friday was Hawaii 5-0)
    I met the guy that lives in his motor home on her property- he is getting a bit too comfortable being there, comes on in the house, sits down and stays there for a few hours- usually coming in at meal time. Didn't get the hint to go back to his place when she was falling asleep. That is just rude and a bit creapy to me.
    Yesterday I took her to church, shopping and then back to the church for a meeting at 2. Got home did some chores that needed to be done- didn't get dinner(our only meal of the day yesterday) until almost 6PM
    I did get a bag of pomegranites picked to bring home(then picked more this morning before heading home for mom and a friend of her's)

27ats4wzhz83.png

need to catch up on reading here while I have a cup of tea.
    Zumba tonight.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Caught up after weekend at the ranch.
    Katla- I am getting excited for your trip. Enjoy seeing your babies.
    Kelli- is this going to be grand baby # 3? Do you know if it is a boy or girl?
    Flea- so glad your surgery went well. Take care of you!
    Have to help DH fix pasta.
    SueBDew in TX
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    SueBDue- think Kellys new grandbaby and Katlas are both boys.. mine will be too..its a boy year..
    One of my cousins that i saw when i was Tennessee that is pregnant with her 5th is in labor she is having a girl,so this will be the tie breaker she has 2 of each .. her sister is due with her first next month..
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Hello friends!
    I just got back into the thread today, using my Android phone. Missed y'all!

Annie in Delaware