WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    Lisa -- I am so sorry for what your daughter experienced and the decisions she has to make. I related to your comment about the blinders being off.

I am home from surgery. Things went well. I am sore, of course, and my movement is slow, but I am moving around. Well, not this minute. I am in a recliner surrounded with blankets and pillows right now.

Preliminary reports say that the two closest lymph nodes tested negative for cancer. If that holds with further testing, that is quite good news. It also means my recovery should be easier, because she removed just two lymph nodes, the two closest to the primary tumor. I am already moving and lifting my arm much more than I expected I would be able to do.

We still have the bone spots to worry about, but I am hopeful they will have shrunk. I should be having a PET sometime soon.

She lost one of the mag clips inside of me. :astonished: I guess she dug around for it, tried to find it through U/S or xray, and just couldn't find it. They finally had to stich me up. She is hoping it got suctioned out without anyone realizing. They are very, very small. In any case, it is titanium, so I guess it is okay if it is still floating around inside of me somewhere. That loss made the surgery a little longer, so it was a full four hours.

I was in recovery for over three hours because they couldn't find me a bed. I am so thankful that I was able to have the surgery, and I was quite worried that I would just end up hanging out in recovery for the whole time. But they ultimately found me a room/bed. My first nurse was a travel nurse, and she didn't inspire confidence, honestly. But I guess I should be thankful she was there. The staff was overworked and short handed, so I got quite a bit of rest last night because they didn't have time to check on me.

I really do feel pretty good. Pain meds help.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR

I'm glad to hear that things went fairly well. :heart: I hope the remainder of the recovery goes well.

M in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    (((Flea))) Great news about those nodes. Thinking of you.

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Kim

So glad Levi is OK.

That was a nice thing you did helping Linda.

Karen in Virginia
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    November: leaner/stronger/kinder than October.
    Accountability:
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline, dog group
    Bonus: 40+ mins vacuuming, two loads laundry
    Just one thing:
    13: Do something playful outdoors - walk, run, explore, relax: dog group? Yesterday’s burn barrel? Today’s SAR adventure!
    14: Find a new way to help or support a cause you care about. Nope. Lacking energy and passion to do any more than already doing. :

Thanks Barbie for teaching me the shortcut to bookmarks in my profile circle. Still miss the gold star :}
    Thanks Tina, like Carol said, that helps. That and Tracey’s and Barbie’s tip about the “calorie counter” link at the bottom of the page.
    Michele, sorry I don’t know anything about tablets. I do know I have to be logged in to get to my food diary. Sometimes mfp has mysteriously logged me out, mid session, no idea how or why. When you can’t add a new food, look up to top right of screen and see if there is a “log in” option. Good luck!
    Allie glad your power came back on before you got too cold.
    Rebecca right back atcha’
    Flea “…she dug around for it, tried to find” the missing mag clip. UGH! Thankful to hear from you and the quite good news about the nodes. “. . .got quite a bit of rest last night because they didn't have time to check on me.” :love: your positive take and humor! Prayers.
    Kim kind hearted of you to help Linda sell her things. Hoping all at the bazaar were masked. Jammies are the sovereign solution for depleted social batteries.

Was so tired from today’s dog group then SAR adventure that I went straight to bed without dinner. Slept 6 hours. Had a bowl of yoghurt while catching up, now ready to snooze a couple more hours.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f9t4dhrvf5k6.gif
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Flea- glad to hearyou made it through surgery wven though she might have left something behind...and im hoping they got everything and you have a speedy recovery...
    Kim-glad Levi is ok and has no ill effects
    Lisa- I feel so bad for your daughter having a a 2 yr old ,and having a jealous husband and having to deal with it all is so hard.. I know you and Corey will help her deal with whatever comes down the pike.
    I am dealing with severe stomach cramps so for right now..just going to lay low..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    i4kefa20y7uk.jpeg
    t6rp5l89h26h.jpeg
    vx4x3tqd0s3i.jpeg
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    A few pics from my morning run today. :D
    jzjzq3d424jq.jpg

This is the road I run down to get to the seafront. In the sunshine you can see the sea behind the beach huts.

01iclfkqt6j4.jpg

These were some splendid ladies, of a certain age, finishing off their exercise session.

szzc9cnyxzfr.jpg

I meant to take a photo of the old boys fishing, but I got distracted by the paddle boards and kayaks!

fnau8dkowxw2.jpg

I'm in love with this seagull.

Altogether a grand time.

Now to take a pic of DH's cake he baked yesterday. And, yes, Barbara, he eats it all by himself, icing, marzipan and all.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

PS A quick plea to those of you who are reading, or who have read my book - a (good!) review on Amazon would be hugely appreciated. I will love you for ever. Algorithms are everything these days. Thank you.

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :)We got our Moderna boosters yesterday afternoon and feel another big hurdle has been jumped. We still won't change where we go (almost nowhere) or what we do (almost nothing outside our neighborhood), but we feel safer.

>:) I got a phone call yesterday from a woman in my line dance class who told me that someone was going to teach beginning line dance at the Senior Center starting in December. She wanted me to mail her a list of phone numbers of people in my class so she could call some of them and tell them about the class. I smiled (to make my voice sound pleasant), and said "no".

<3Lisa,

<3Flea

:)Heather, what a great place you live. It was worth all the time and hand-wringing it took to make the move.

:)Barbara, I admire the way you respond so well to everyone.

:) This morning I walk alone and listen to podcasts, then we drive to town to pick up groceries.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Flea - So glad the op went well. I expect the missing clip got hoovered up somehow! :o They are taking good care of you. <3 I had around 13 lymph nodes out, which caused a medium term problem with lymphodema. I could have done without that, but it's much better now. You can see the stretchy arm sleeve in my profile pic.
    Now for rest, rest and more rest. <3:)<3

I used my app and produced this. I might print it out as a birthday card for my elder son.
    0jysdbkz639w.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Heather

I adore your seagull and your artwork.

Karen in Virginia
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Did Bob Harper Inside Out Method DVD today.

Flea – what good news and hoping for it to get even better!

Lisa – my heart breaks for your daughter and you

Barbara – will check on my tablet the next time I can’t add a food. Thank you for the suggestion

Heather – what kind of cake is that? Looks yummy

barbie – why wouldn’t you share that list? Was that the place you used to teach?

Michele NC
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Dan Rather's Steady column in my email this morning entitled It's Okay To Be Exhausted

https://steady.substack.com/p/its-okay-to-be-exhausted?r=f77i&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web&utm_source=

Karen in Virginia
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Heather ~ Can you share your husband's fruit cake recipe. I would love to try and make one.

Carol in GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Peach and Michele - This is the book I use. I hope you can get it in the US. It is the best book I have ever found for baking, because it gives quantities for all sizes of tins, square and round. I make both the Rich Fruit cake and the Chocolate cake regularly. I have made tiered cakes, using the instructions in this book, for christenings. I was a complete beginner.
    Otherwise there are loads of recipes online for Christmas cake. I used to make the Delia Smith one, but it is more crumbly. This one slices better. I must put more glycerine in the royal icing this year as it gets rock hard by the time DH has finished eating it!

57ysd5ats18u.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    On our way home. Left at 4:15am
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Heather ~ Thanks! I just bought it for my kindle. My brother-in-law loves fruit cake (he's the one with memory issues in assisted living). Will have to study the recipe.

Carol in GA