WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

Pip, that's great - I am envious. I have these ginormous vitreous floaters, common in people over 50, and the white background causes them to be highlighted in my vision field, impressing the images on my retina. There are lots of people that have light or bright white screen sensitivity, but I'm glad you don't have that problem.

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options

🤩

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options

This is the only picture I have of her as a very young lady. Of course she was my grandma, so this is my memory.💖

Hugs,

Rebecca

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options

Yogi ignored the elk as if they weren’t there, no barking, nada

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options

Barbara, you are too kind friend. 💖

So today is shopping day! It rained buckets last night, so that was nice to listen to. Today buying stuff for Thanksgiving. My daughter in law stated she'll make the pumpkin pie. Nice! We will be buying the stuff that can spoil, in Vancouver WA though. So I have a shopping list with items Lee and eldest son have to bring down. Buying the canned items today, as they are cheaper at the commissary. Should be fun with the 5 (plus Athena) of us💖👍! Not really cooking much, just reheating, and adding water or butter to boxes.😁

Hugs ladies!

Rebecca Whidbey Island WA

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options

This morning I am here on my phone. I want to access the group from my computer but not making it. Adive needed.

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options

Lisa - what a great job you are doing being a listening ear. XOXO

KJ - I popped out for a potato and spent $40. Story of my life. I did buy stuff for the Christmas cake that DH couldn't carry home. (I use a trolley) HE has just finished the initial stage of soaking the dried fruit. It soaks overnight. I can smell oranges. 😋 So sorry you are feeling overwhelmed. I do not know how you do everything you do. It would be beyond me.

Same for all those who are wrung out. Sending love. I am usually most exhausted when I am conflicted and there is something that I am not facing. I don't do well with unresolved choices. Otherwise it could just be a real physical problem.

It's OK to be knackered. No one is superhuman. I once wrote a short story about a mother who just decided to not get out of bed and let her whole world go on without her. It was called DESPERATE MEASURES. You could always try that!!!!

Love Heather UK xxxxxx who is going to put her enormous potato in the oven.

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

:-)

We will be sharing it!

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options

Kim--How very scary for both of you. So glad your furbaby is ok.

SueBDew--How scary, to many antibodies. DH is still having problems since his 2nd shot. I will ask the doctor about checking him for too many. Please take care.

Michele--I asked the same question when was told I had to have the shot to keep my job. They told me because the shot (makes the antibodies stronger). Did not matter we both had already had Covid.

Kelly--I so understand and sending lots of hugs. Too much noise, too much people, too much of everything. 

Lisa--I am so MAD just reading what your daughter is dealing with. I would report him to whoever I could. Prayers for her and the children.

I am so glad it is Friday and I am off the weekend. No plans so far and that works for me.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND,NE

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    At this moment I can post. Holding my breath to see if it is true.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,948 Member
    Options
    decided to head up to mom's for the weekend. The weather is really nice after all those storms, I don't have to rush home on Monday morning- I pick up my daycare girl at school at 12:25. The following Monday she starts Thanksgiving break so I have to be home by 9(that means getting up at 6:30 to be home on time).
    We may make some pomegranite jelly- she has tons of them ready- just not sure if it will happen. Not going to worry about it- more about just spending time with her.
    Sending DH to the Mexican store for me before I go up. They have small avocados 3/$1. That is one thing mom enjoys and can have on her very strict anti-inflamitory diet. I will have him check on the persimmons too- she really enjoys them
    Another good reason to go this weekend is to have a bit of quiet- DH has been in a bad mood for a while- complaining about work and everything else. I am tired of hearing it.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,Ca
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Vickii56 so sorry for your loss. My heart is with you
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Pip, that's great - I am envious. I have these ginormous vitreous floaters, common in people over 50, and the white background causes them to be highlighted in my vision field, impressing the images on my retina. There are lots of people that have light or bright white screen sensitivity, but I'm glad you don't have that problem.

I on the other hand am blind as a bat. I was born with eye issues (3 operations) so the white and bigger space is better/easier for my to read.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    I have a high contrast extension on my Chrome page and I can choose the kind of background I see. On my phone I have made the background dark and it is much easier to read. Right now the white background does not bother me here.

Lisa ~ I am so sorry your daughter is having to put up with the c#@p her husband has caused. I hope it gets straightened out. Makes me wonder if he has been fooling around overseas and that has made him suspect she might be doing the same in the US.

Nice sunny Fall weather here today but supposed to start off in the 30's on Saturday! :/

Carol in GA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Worked today then the soup kitchen then the Green Room. The plan for tomorrow is to do part of the Biggest Loser the Workout 2 DVD

question: when I go to my tablet, I can’t seem to add food. It just gives me a breakdown of sodium calories, etc. Now when I go on my desktop or laptop even my phone, I can add food. Does anyone know why this could be? I would like to be able to use my tablet for logging food when I’m away at Denise or Jess’

Eileen – welcome!

M – “not my problem” how true! Reminds me of Jerry today. At 10:15 Jerry says to me “well, I’m ready”. So I said “for what” even tho I knew. He said “for you to take me home”. Well, I wasn’t done with my work yet and I just said to him “well, it all depends on the time today. If it’s 10:15 I can but if it’s 10:30 I can’t because I have to get to the soup kitchen”. I punched out at 10:29, Jerry was outside so I said “I need to get to the soup kitchen” “then is Angel going to take me home” “I guess so” Not my problem that he can’t get home immediately.

Julie – anything in particular?

Heather – so happy for you

Lisa – I could just cry for your daughter and you. Wonder what will happen when her hubby returns? Carol had an interesting thought. Maybe your daughter’s hubby is trying to ease his own guilt.

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Did I post this? Breakfast in our lil gazebo
    rpag680gtgu1.jpeg