WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,392 Member
    Options

Vicki - I'm so sorry about your son-in-law's death.

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options

Oye! Who did some housecleaning, and moved everything! You all look weird.😁

Today is my middle sons 27th birthday. Hoping to talk to him today.👍

Today's feast is chicken soup, with some brie blobs in the bottom.💖👍

Interesting. Just posted a random pic. Its of my paternal grandmother (far right with hair parted down middle). The stately man far left is Mr Meir, (from Meir & Frank stores). She worked for the family for many years. This is their summer home a retreat at the gorge area. Its still a retreat hotel.👍

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options

Kim - so sorry. An awful worry because of someone's carelessness. ♥️

Vicki - It must be awful to have such family troubles. Sending (((hugs))).

I will try to send a message about the white space. I have eye protection on the screen, but still have to turn the brightness right down. Had to turn it up to watch my French series. Grrrrrr!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,392 Member
    Options

Kim - SO glad Levi's OK, for both your sakes.

Love, Lisa

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options

Kim ~ So sorry what you had to go through with Levi and hoping he recovers quickly. That would have scared me senseless.

Vicky ~ Sorry to hear about your son-in-law. It must have been a shock for you. Hope you are feeling better today.

Rebecca ~ Your grandmother looked like a very pretty woman and had such a sweet face.

Went back to get my eyes checked and the dr. agreed that I probably won't have to get glasses as my cataract surgery went so well. Glad to hear that.

The white page does not bother me at all but it may be because I do all my reading/typing on my desktop PC.

Carol in GA

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

DH absolutely LOVES rich fruit Christmas cake. Last year I suggested he make it. I don’t eat it for calorific reasons.

This morning he did his normal fruit and veg shop. This afternoon he walked down to the big supermarket and bought most of the stuff for the cake. Very heavy! It's over a mile away. What a great husband I have. ❤

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options

afternoon ladies

Kim- thank goodness sweet Levi is still here... poor little guy, how careless of someone to let a poor pup get a hold of something like that.

Vicki- very sorry to hear about your son-in law.. its sad when family relations are strained like that..

I did take a much needed nap today and feel a bit better.. but am sort of ticked about this MFP that I cant get to the community page on my phone as that is how I mostly chat with you all.. is there a phone number to contact them with like a good old customer service number like the old days? im guessing not.. but sure would like to figure it out,,

I am hoping Dans car will be ready tomorrow so that he will be ready for the weekend.. not much else interesting went on today,

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options

Went for the blood work, then worked, then neurologist (he was glad he hadn’t seen me since last year), then the couple who co-hosted the Halloween party helped us bring the decorations upstairs, now Vince needs to figure out where things go.

Sue – so sorry you had COVID

I liked the way I got here. Now I have to click on Categories and then this. Previously, I just clicked on the bookmark. Improvements!!!!! My you-know-what

Julie – feel better fast

pip – what was Kirby cooking?

Vicki – so sorry about your SIL

Kim – how scary that must have been!

The white space doesn’t bother me, either

Michele NC

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

Pip -   The photos are spectacular!  Nice you found a restaurant with dog amenities for Yogi.   :star:

Fancy – Me too.  I’m in for now but lack confidence. I hope for the best.  :flowerforyou:

Flea – I talked over the airport car parking with DH but he wanted to spend a night in a hotel and have them drop us off at the door. They will take care of our car until we get back. A bonus is that we will have a good night’s sleep. We may be gone for a month, and it felt safer to DH to leave the car with the hotel.  Travel is difficult for him due to health problems. I’m glad he will be rested before we get to the airport.    :star:

Heather – Good news that you get to visit your son in Nottingham. :bigsmile:

Pip – I love the photos! I particularly like the elk. :bigsmile:

Kim – Sorry for your stressful morning and nasty scare.  I am happy that your dog, Levi, survived.  :heart:

I am delighted to have found Women 50+ after the computer challenges yesterday.  I hope they’re done with difficulties and we will able to continue to enjoy our community.  :star: :heart:  :star:

Katla in NW Oregon

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options

😊

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

☺️

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options

Rori – safe travels

suebdew – I thought when you had COVID, you then had antibodies. Why did you feel you needed to get the shot? I’m sorry you went thru so much.

Yea for me. I actually did some yoga tonight. And you KNOW how much I absolutely hate to exercise at night. Admitted, it was only for 20 minutes. But that’s a start. Trust me, I was trying to find all kinds of excuses. But I finally forced myself. I do have some 10 Minute Solution pilates DVD’s, so I’ll try using them one day – maybe.

Michele NC

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

😍