WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options

Spoiler is still here. Click on backwards P and then the “ quotation mark. Spoiler is at the bottom.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,930 Member
    Options

Just go to Categories link at the top, scroll down to Motivation and Support, and this thread will be one of the first ones in the list because it is that active. That's how I have always come here. :)

M in Oz

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

Machka – when I log in I end up on the home page and then click over from there. Which is fine with me…. Sometimes there is something there that catches my eye.  

Like Barbie – the changes are a “drag” for a bit, but it is most of the time just an adjustment and then I’m ok…

Sue – so glad you are back home with us. Sorry to hear you got covid. I have a friend who had a very light case but did lose smell and taste and said it was the hardest thing to cope with.

Thinking of everyone.

Smiles Kim in N. California

• Machka9
    Options

That's a lot brighter than I thought it would be ... nice!

• Machka9
    Options
  • Machka9
    Options

"Smilies" we can use

😛😍😎🎃😸🚴‍♀️

We can insert pictures ... these are our bicycles on tour in Scotland in 2012 ...

We can insert links with their images ...

And attachments, which I don't have available to insert at the moment.

Formatting (double click a word):

Bold

Italics

Strikethrough

What is this? {..} A tag maybe?

And a different option for linking.

• Machka9
    Options

The backward P is a paragraph symbol.

And you're right ... we can do headings!!

• Lists
    • This
    A code block. Interesting. I might have to play with this!

The spoiler.

• Machka9
    edited November 2021
    Options
    <font color="#DE3163"> Hello! This should be bright pink! </font color>

<p style="color:#FF0000";>Red paragraph text</p>

<p style="color:red;">Red paragraph text</p>

<p style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Red paragraph text</p>

<p style="color:hsl(0,100%,50%);">Red paragraph text</p>

<p style="color:hsla(0,100%,50%,1);">Red paragraph text</p>

Just checking. :)

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options

November 10, 2021

Barbie – Thank you for the November thread!   :star: :heart:  :star:

Heather – Congrats on an email from “The Hovarian,”  and a call from BBC radio!   I hope you enjoy being the author of the month.  Good for you!!!  :heart:

Allie -   I like the wisdom—to accept the things I cannot change, and have the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”  I have heard this message before and agree with you—

Pip -   We didn’t have a single trick or treater this year.    :ohwell:

Rori – Coffee is first here, too. Happy you’re getting your Covid booster.  We have had ours done, too. We plan to travel and that means spending time in a commercial jet. We plan to fly masked.  We’ve had three Pfizer vaccinations and a flu shot already. :star:

Machka – I love your 7 prayers for November. Brilliant!!!   May you be blessed, and all of us, too.  Amen.  :heart:

(((Flea))) - Keeping you in my prayers.   May your medical team be at their best and take good care of you.   :heart:

Karen in VA – I am beginning to get excited about our trip and worrying about travel situations.  They are likely to be especially difficult for DH.

Barbara – I have one final PT session before we leave for our trip. The PT session is tomorrow morning.  Our fllght is set for 11/19.  I have been part of a yoga class for a long while but had to curtail that in favor of physical therapy for now because of my knee injury.  I think the knee is improving.  

SueBDew -  So happy that you’re with us again!!   :star:

I have had a long day and am ready for rest. 

Katla in NW Oregon

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options

Agreed.

I floundered around.

At this time, the current format seems to be less user-friendly, but maybe that's just because it's new.

There seem to be more emoji options! That's a plus.

🏳️‍🌈🛒🎶🎈⛄️🏖️🍆🥑🎓️🐩🐫🙏👏😶😀

Karen in Virginia

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,762 Member
    Options

Vicki - I hope your back pain eases soon. I was doing fairly well, but bent the wrong way yesterday and am in pain again today.

Debbie - I don’t envy you the Christmas shuffle dilemma. Neither of us has spent a Christmas with our parents since 1997, for DH it was 1996. I sure don’t miss that tug of war.

Michele - I think you should use shells 3&4

My heart breaks for the way Denise treats you. 

I am actually enjoying the new update, I no longer have to worry about hitting that stupid dislike button on my phone and I find the font clearer on it as well. 

Margaret- the spoiler is there at the bottom of the comment section if you click on the paragraph symbol there are options.

Another long work day however I am now off until Monday. Tomorrow is Remembrance Day here. I have to run to the post office to price sending an ornament to the States, I also have an appointment at 1205 to get my 3rd shot. I am eligible because I work in Healthcare and it has been almost 11 months since my second one. 

Mary - that floor is gorgeous.

I have another unexpected appointment with my doctor on Friday. 

I’m having menopause issues now. This getting old is not for the weak, I am so tired of not feeling well.

Tracey in Edmonton

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    Options

The page is too bright for me. I have the eye comfort filter on and I've lowered the brightness on my tablet, but it's still too bright. Plus I have to do more clicks to get here.

I only ever come here and to the food log.

Does any one else dislike all the white space? Hard on the eyes.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• Machka9
    edited November 2021
    Options

Make the page narrow.

I've also had to make the font smaller. On most sites, I need to increase the font and I usually have it at 110% but now I've got both this site and FB at 90% because of a trend toward large fonts.

How did you come here with fewer clicks? I open MFP, Click on Community (now Categories), scroll down to Motivation and Support, scroll down to this site, click it, and sometimes I have to find the last page or last post. I still do that in this new setup.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    edited November 2021
    Options

Hello

Hello

Hello

Hello

Just trying different headings. 😁

Slightly darker background for reasons I still don't entirely understand.

More darker background, again, for reasons I don't entirely understand.

• Machka9
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    Options

Machka - My Google bookmarks took me straight to the Food page, click Community, click my star, it told me how many new posts, then took me to the last page I looked at. I think I can get it down to a few clicks again. I'm on an Android tablet (occasionally my phone) and always use the website.

Feeling grumpy this morning. Resolved to get out of my funk. Waiting for replies from various people including my elder son. Feeling grumpy won't make him reply any faster. 😉 DH seemed out of sorts too. Must be in the air! 🎶

Maybe the flu jab has something to do with it, but I had that on Tuesday.

Oh well, I need to send another publicity email.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,500 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

"Get to do"s and "chose well"s

Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline, T’ai Chi, recycling, district meeting prep, research district tax exemption for volunteer firefighters, board meeting

Bonus: district email exchanges, Farmers’ market, Freddie’s

Just one thing:

Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, practice WBW, B, SL, GDLL, DM, SWTD, Tumble nail trims, make up Monday’s SWSY, Tuesday’s line dance, backup files then call pc guy to schedule tuneup, fire district: submit finalized Safety and Security grant app, meeting minutes, AFG grant requirements including NIMS, call NFPA cancel inactive accounts, clarify benefits included in annual dues, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS, index mutual aid files and share with L; start Part D research with new rx info, watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Do Your Thing, practice dances: All Night, TGIF, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), One Margarita); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Sunday: call S, Reward: inventory seeds, plan next spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).

Reminder: Weekly: Mon=20 mins SWSY. Tues=30 mins line dance at home. Wed=30 mins T’ai Chi & 1 hr pack walk. Thurs=20 mins BB&B. Fri=30 mins T’ai Chi. Sat=1 hr pack walk. Sun=15 mins wii balance games.

November

10: Be curious. Learn about a new topic or an inspiring idea. Does researching grants or firefighters’ district tax exemption count?

11: Choose a different route and see what you notice on the way. Hard to accept sting of correction while remaining true to self, being kind to myself as well as others. Can see now a little more how peoples’ feelings get hurt and how they handle it.

Feeling grumpy, got some correction from a friend. Fortunately it was on the phone or she’d have seen how it stung. No revenge Cheetos, but changed dinner plans to include red wine and chewy sourdough baguette, while keeping CI<CO. 

Now eyeballs abraded with forum’s new background, oh wait, I can dim my screen? Now if I could just see that Fn key…

Not a fan of the wide paragraph spacing.

Do not like having to select text and use the paragraph / spoiler.

Really do not like having lost my barky black dog gif.

Grump, whine, grump.

Tracey, is this the same administrator who was/is such a block with the new payroll system? Will you miss your supervisor?

Just skimmin’ as its late and Joe’s up. Want to sit with him a bit.

Oh swell

Lighter, lovelies!

[img]https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/5a/f8qt1s098sxm.gif[/img]

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

November: leaner/stronger/kinder than October.

daily: sit with Joe:10, weigh/wii:10/1/18; steps>7391=6133 vits=10, log=10, CI<CO=10, CI<250<CO=7, Tumble=10, Shadow=8, mfp=10, outside=11, up hill=8, clean 10=3, excavate 5=4.                  

wkly: Sun:W=1, Mon:SWSY=1, Tue:LD=1 , Wed:TC=2.3, PW=1, Thurs: BB&B=1.1, Fri:TC=1, Sat:PW=2, rX x4=1.

wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/30:141.2 10/31:145.1 11/7:141.1

mnthly: board mtg=1 , grant=4, plan=, waist=42.

bonus: AF=5, play= sew=

2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,203 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

I’m navigating my way through the changes. It’s just a matter of finding workarounds. time-consuming, but no biggy, except I will have to redo my posts for some groups.

Some positives 😂

Headings are new 😂

Posting pictures and links is easier

found the spoiler

found the spoiler

hit the funny P then the speech marks

• Bulleted list
    • yay
    1. Ordered list
    2. whats next? 😂
    3. getting there
    4. finding my feet 😎