WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,537 Member
    Options
    Well SSV (super scale victory), I am only up one lb from my 5 days of eating 3 times a day. Some meals were just a slice of cheese, or a spoonful of my homemade cheesecake, but I was definitely out of my normal comfort zone! My UTI is gone, and feeling good! Starting to get ready for my trip down, bag is out. Also starting to pack what Lee and eldest son have to bring down, so I can make Thanksgiving on Saturday 27th. Downloaded some Kindle books to read to Athena, they are mostly "moving day" themed.💖👍 I am bringing my big pot that I boil potatoes in, and my masher. Plus cake pans for making birthday cake for son. I will do that mid week. He said you don't have to, but I said "humor me, I like spoiling you"!

Today's feast is 2 brats I'm slicing and cooking with yellow onion, olive bruschetta paste and then adding cubes of chicken broth, wild rice, diced tomatoes, and finally fresh spinach. A sprinkling of parmesan, and its such a great meal. I am guaranteed a good week when I fix that for one or two days. 💖
    Hugs to each and every one of yas!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Hi OK day. Morning in café not grreat work but tried. Lunchtime dentist. Very uncomfortable new sort of thing to keep lips from teeth... when getting out i joked i was traumatized. It was not the drilling or the diddling with teeth but this new guard. I told them and they said im not alone in having this experience. It depends on anatomy they said..bad invention. Teeth are doing okay though
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Allie - I bet Talia will love the afghan you make for her. It will give her a cozy hug every time she uses it, and she will think of you. 😊
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,389 Member
    Options
    Worked then went with Vince for his shot. Didn’t find anything at the Salvation Army but then went to Lowe’s Hardware and got grass seed and weed and feed

Vicki – glad to hear you’re getting better, but so sorry it happened. And so sorry about your friend

Tina – I’m so sorry about your uncle

Debbie – not you too feeling bad!!! This HAS to stop...lol Glad to see you were given comfort. Isn’t it amazing how hot you get with a cat on you?

When Vince’s parents died, he didn’t have any kind of memorial. It was sad. But that’s their way.

Heather – sounds like you’re having a great day. First the reply, then the tax..you are one lucky gal

I wish we would stay on DST only because then it will be light for the kids Trick or Treating

Mermaid saga: well, I put the Mother of Pearl on yesterday. Unfortunately, I spilled some and since it’s oil based, it’s very hard to get up. I’m going to bring some mineral spirits with me tonight and finish cleaning up. She’s in the kiln being fired.

Anne de – happy birthday to your mom

Michele NC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    1075602qz4m024ui7.gif
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Margaret, It took me years of repetition to make the point that I wanted no gifts. i remember when my mother was my age she told me "If I can't eat or drink it or slather it on my body, I don't want it." The last time someone gave me something that was of absolutely no use, I said "Thank you" then later put it in the box of items to donate to the thrift shop.

:) I found out that many of the blankets collected by Project Linus in my community have gone to a food bank where when families come to get food, children are able to choose a hand made blanket for themselves.

:) We finally got appointments for our Moderna booster. We had both had frustrating experiences with trying to make appointments online and by phone so we went to Walgreens yesterday afternoon and found out that we could go to the photo counter and the clerk there would make the appointment. We go for the vaccine on Saturday afternoon.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Many of the blankets collected by our PL Chapter also go to local food banks and several smaller organizations outside of hospitals. The need is great. We also make pillowcases, teddy bears and hats. Wonderful organization!

We made appts online with Walmart Pharmacy for our Moderna boosters next week.

Cheri
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    Thanks Michele ☺️

The phone has problems. I think I had the security settings too tight. I will call the help number soon.

Annie in Delaware
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,886 Member
    Options
    :/
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    Options
    Just skimming today

☘️ Terri
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We are planning a trip to see our family in Virginia. Travel choices are daunting. We plan to fly but don’t know how to deal with getting to the airport. In years past we left our car in a parking lot. Not sure where we can leave it safely. Advice welcome.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,025 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Worked then went with Vince for his shot. Didn’t find anything at the Salvation Army but then went to Lowe’s Hardware and got grass seed and weed and feed

Vicki – glad to hear you’re getting better, but so sorry it happened. And so sorry about your friend

Tina – I’m so sorry about your uncle

Debbie – not you too feeling bad!!! This HAS to stop...lol Glad to see you were given comfort. Isn’t it amazing how hot you get with a cat on you?

When Vince’s parents died, he didn’t have any kind of memorial. It was sad. But that’s their way.

Heather – sounds like you’re having a great day. First the reply, then the tax..you are one lucky gal

I wish we would stay on DST only because then it will be light for the kids Trick or Treating

Mermaid saga: well, I put the Mother of Pearl on yesterday. Unfortunately, I spilled some and since it’s oil based, it’s very hard to get up. I’m going to bring some mineral spirits with me tonight and finish cleaning up. She’s in the kiln being fired.

Anne de – happy birthday to your mom

Michele NC

Thanks Michele- feeling better. Still tired but otherwise ok.(but then again, I am always tired)
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Update on selling the house:

The greatest thing happened. We got an offer for the house from a recently married couple. It was accompanied by the sweetest note saying how much they loved everything about the house, how they could see themselves in it, imagine their friends & family visiting, already knew which bedroom would be for visiting grandparents, and best of all, imagined raising their future children there. It warmed my heart and brought a tear or two. We are under contract with them, needless to say.

Karen in Virginia, pleased as punch

Those are very smart buyers! Congratulations!

Tina in CA
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 962 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    Katla - We just returned from IA for my mom's graveside service. We had an early morning flight so chose to stay the night before our flight at the Double Tree hotel. They have a package where if you stay you may park your car in their secured lot for a small price per day. Their shuttle took us to the airport the next morning and picked us up when we returned to retrieve our car. We found it quite convenient and stress relieving even though it was an extra cost.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA

Katla, many airports do this now. I know Kansas City does. I live 20 minutes from our airport, so have not bothered to find out if there is any service like that here, but I do know several others offer the stay and park package.

There may also be some sort of shuttle/bus service. You can probably do an internet search to find that out, but I recommend the hotel stay and park package. It takes away a lot of the travel stress.

Tina in CA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    :)Katla, There are ways to get safe parking for your car while you are gone but they are all pricy. Staying in a hotel near the airport was mentioned by someone. Another choice is a more expensive valet park lot away from the airport where there are fences and 24 hour security and a shuttle to the airport. Depending on where you live there may be a door to door airport shuttle so you can leave your car at home. As is true in most of life, "there is no free lunch".

:) We have had rain and lots of wind nearly all day. The wind scared Bessie so much last night that she moved from her regular bed on an outside wall to sleep next to me. This morning she went out with us and came back in the minute there was a gust of wind. There's no damage to our house or neighborhood, just lots of small tree debris everywhere.

:)suebdew, so glad that you found us again.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,173 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    We are planning a trip to see our family in Virginia. Travel choices are daunting. We plan to fly but don’t know how to deal with getting to the airport. In years past we left our car in a parking lot. Not sure where we can leave it safely. Advice welcome.

Airport parking?
    Taxi?
    City transit?

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: Monday: BP, Shadow well pet, dogs to powerline. Tues: tire swap, emailed hymns, BP
    Bonus: Mon: Joe’s eye dr tech returned call, will email rx. Tue: walked while tires changed over, found a cute neighborhood, picked up a few items at BiMart, updated fire district volunteer roster, emailed best practices options,
    Just one thing: added minerals to vitamins spreadsheet
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, practice WBW, B, SL, GDLL, DM, SWTD, make up Monday’s BB&B, line dance, recycling, re-read Treasurer’s email and make correction to last month’s minutes, print bid packets for meeting prep and board meeting, backup files then call pc guy to schedule tuneup, fire district: submit finalized Safety and Security grant app, research district tax exemption for volunteer firefighters, AFG grant requirements including NIMS, call NFPA cancel inactive accounts, clarify benefits included in annual dues, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS, index mutual aid files and share with L; start Part D research with new rx info, watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Do Your Thing, practice dances: All Night, TGIF, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), One Margarita); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Sunday: call S, Reward: inventory seeds, plan next spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Reminder: Weekly: Mon=20 mins SWSY. Tues=30 mins line dance at home. Wed=30 mins T’ai Chi & 1 hr pack walk. Thurs=20 mins BB&B. Fri=30 mins T’ai Chi. Sat=1 hr pack walk. Sun=15 mins wii balance games.
    November
    8: Plan a new idea or activity you want to try out this week: try matting or framing one of the pictures awaiting hanging.
    9: When you feel you can’t do something, add the word “yet.” Turn on the clicker to start to teach S

Sometimes disrupting routine is good, like last week when Joe took us to the beach. Yesterday and today not so much. Broke the link between activity before solitaire so it didn’t get done and almost forgot to take BP. Good things, sharing breakfast with Joe at oh dark thirty and walking while Les Schwab put on my studded tires.

Thanks Lisa for the https://radio-live-uk.com/bbc-sussex link.
    Margaret I wish what you wished your friends had said and done. Would love to see a pic of Drew lighting up your walks.
    Pip thank you for sharing your road trip. One of the things I miss most about ours are the late night/early dawn skies. Enjoy the Grand Canyon, have you been there before?
    Vicki :cry: sorry for your pain and for missing your anniversary trip. Fingers X’d for the MRI next Tuesday.
    Tina so sorry for your loss and the family’s drama.
    Machka what you said about inconvenient and uncomfortable, so very very true.
    Beth ((hugs))
    Alllie sending good thoughts for tomorrow’s evaluation.
    Karen hip hip hooray!
    Katla is there a car service from where you live to the airport? Parking for as long as you’ll be gone could be $pendy.
    Sue in WA ((hugs)) what about a credit union?
    Debbie your cats are like our Skye Terrier. Joe can barely get seated when she jumps up onto his tummy. At over 35 lbs that’s a big OOF!
    Suebdew and it makes me happy to see your smiling face again. ((hugs))
    Barbie lots of small tree debris here too.

Lacking the energy to make up missed SWSY, or even to do today’s line dancing. That’s what happens when activity not done in the am before solitaire. Remember this tomorrow, Barbara!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    November: leaner/stronger/kinder than October.
    daily: sit with Joe:9, weigh/wii:9/1/18; steps>7391=Mon:5745, Tue:10,568 vits=7, log=7, CI<CO=7, CI<250<CO=6, Tumble=7, Shadow=6, mfp=7, outside=9, up hill=6, clean 10=3, excavate 5=4.
    wkly: Sun:W=1, Mon:SWSY=1, Tue:LD=1 , Wed:TC=1.1, PW=1, Thurs: BB&B=1.1, Fri:TC=1, Sat:PW=2, rX x4=1.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/30:141.2 10/31:145.1 11/7:141.1
    mnthly: board mtg= , grant=3, plan=, waist=42.
    bonus: AF=4, play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW