WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, livestream church, dogs to powerline, practice WBW, B, SL, GDLL, DM, SWTD, fire district meeting reminder email,
    Bonus: 2nd fence contractor’s proposals summarized and emailed to board
    Just one thing:
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, Shadow well pet, practice WBW, B, SL, GDLL, DM, SWTD, backup files then call pc guy to schedule tuneup, follow up with eye Dr. re: Joe’s rx, fire district: submit finalized Safety and Security grant app, research district tax exemption for volunteer firefighters, AFG grant requirements including NIMS, call NFPA cancel inactive accounts, clarify benefits included in annual dues, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS, index mutual aid files and share with L; start Part D research with new rx info, watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Do Your Thing, practice dances: All Night, TGIF, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), One Margarita); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Sunday: call S, Reward: inventory seeds, plan next spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Reminder: Weekly: Mon=20 mins SWSY. Tues=30 mins line dance at home. Wed=30 mins T’ai Chi & 1 hr pack walk. Thurs=20 mins BB&B. Fri=30 mins T’ai Chi. Sat=1 hr pack walk. Sun=15 mins wii balance games.
    November
    7: Be creative. Cook, draw, write, paint, make or inspire: Make? Is it time to frame up one of those pictures blocking the way to the sewing machine?
    8: Plan a new idea or activity you want to try out this week:

Back to September range of 141.1 from Halloween’s 145.1. Was typing “One foot in front of the other” but my fingers typed “one FOOD in front of the other…” so will go with it and try to put the veggies and protein in front of the sugary, starchy and salty.

Heather what are ‘dry coats’ ? “Break a leg” ;)
    Allie no heat in the bedroom and 64 in the rest of the house? You are made of stern stuff! [brr]
    Buff raking in the garden? Isn’t there snow in WI?
    Barbie yes we love our rural home. Don’t mind that we have to go 30 miles south for WalMart. Just wish a few more medical practitioners would fall in love with our coast and move here. Our opthamologist retired and could not find anyone to take over his practice. Nearest opthamologist is 2.5 hrs north or 3 hrs east.
    Kay :laughing: Gonna have to find another way to say I’m tired!
    Katla Sorry to confuse. We do have Fred Meyers here and I get my prescriptions there with no problem. It’s just Joe. He doesn’t like to go into Freddie’s, so crowded, so many unmasked and ignoring the “stand here” signs. He liked Bi-Mart, could get in early and right out. His prescriptions are now at Freddie’s in town. When I research next year’s Part D I’ll see if the Corner Drug in Gold Beach is affordable for him. He’d rather drive 25 miles North (or 30 miles south and pay the sales tax), so hope the cost differential is small.
    Karen what a beautiful home. Have you already moved into your new situation? ((hugs))
    Julie I lived in the Bay Area for decades and never heard the term “king tide” until moving to Oregon. https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/kingtide.html
    Lisa how are you going to listen to Heather’s interview live? When I go to BBC either from my laptop or the BBC Sounds app on my phone it tells me “This programme will be available shortly after broadcast.” That’s ok by me, means I won’t have to get up at 0h dark thirty. ;)
    Pip congratulations. How do you like your new shoes?
    Michele :cry: hope you had a backup.
    Welcome @southernmom3! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale? Some here don’t do the “friend” thing, but connect on this thread, lots of wisdom, support and some humor here.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    November: leaner/stronger/kinder than October.
    daily: sit with Joe:7, weigh/wii:7/1/18; steps>7391=7527 vits=7, log=7, CI<CO=7, CI<250<CO=6, Tumble=7, Shadow=6, mfp=7, outside=9, up hill=6, clean 10=3, excavate 5=4.
    wkly: Sun:W=1, Mon:SWSY=1, Tue:LD=1 , Wed:TC=1.1, PW=1, Thurs: BB&B=1.1, Fri:TC=1, Sat:PW=2, rX x4=1.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/30:141.2 10/31:145.1 11/7:141.1
    mnthly: board mtg= , grant=3, plan=, waist=42.
    bonus: AF=4, play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,535 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Heather-
    No worries, I would have been up anyway. Pre-recorded is good, as they can scrub any flubs. Not that you will, of course. Enjoy yourself! I look forward to hearing the recording.
    :smile:

Barbara AHMOD

I went here: https://radio-live-uk.com/bbc-sussex. Seems to cover all the radio stations in the UK. Don't know how much delay there is, but it's kind of a moot point anyway since they decided to prerecord Heather's interview.

Lisa in AR

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    At 2pm EST today, we will have a conference call with our realtors concerning the offers on the house.

There was a young couple with small children I would have given preference to, even with a lower offer, but they didn't make an offer.

We had told our agents to keep an eye out for them, but we think because they would have had to sell their home to be able to buy this house they decided not to make an offer.

It would have been perfect for them.

I am a little sad.

Now I guess we will just be mercenary and take the most attractive offer.

Makes it easier, I suppose.

Not as feel-good, though.

Hugs to all!

Thanks for the nice comments about the house, and the good wishes.

(((Pip - Congrats!)))

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Heather

Keep us posted so we don't miss the airing later in the week, please!

Thanks, Karen in Virginia

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,811 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Slept pretty well..
    Heather- let us know how we can listen to your interview.
    Finished the baby blanket..not my best work..but hey it will keep the little guy warm ..
    Ive taken my pills and gotten Alfie out..
    I have some phone calls to make later one to the social security office to actually see what i will be getting,and 2,to the property management company to see if we are still having the hearing tomorrow and 2 how to stop auto payments for the HOA fees since we wont be using them after the first of the year.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,192 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Interesting stats:

- In my age group (62) I was 6th out of 52 women
    - All email , I was 172nd out of 685 women
    - Overall men/women I was 468th out of 1243

Kirby:

- In his age group (66) he was 20th out of 51
    - All male, he was 295th out of 558 men
    - Overall, he was 464th out of 1243

Congratulations!! :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,192 Member
    Options
    I actually had a chance to do some colouring and to play the piano this evening. :)

I'm working on Silent Night ... with both hands. Maybe I'll get it by Christmas. :grin:
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Heather no worries, I’m sure you were fabulous.
    Lisa, thanks! I’ll check that link out.

Barbara Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,721 Member
    Options
    Sun is about to come out and say hello
    prwldyj3tqwu.jpeg
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    2546481zmf650i2wt.gif
  • pipcd34
    Options
    In Arizona, time change
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Mary – Thanks for your good wishes for our trip to visit our family in VA. DDL had a difficult delivery with her first born. I hope this time will be easier for her. :smiley:

Lisa – I am happy to hear that you’ve been able to get more sleep and less pain. I had a colonoscopy about a year ago and it wasn’t painful or otherwise horrible. The prep was the worst part of the experience. I had to drink a concoction that cleaned everything out the night before the surgery. I spent most of the night in the bathroom. :ohwell:

Pip – You are an amazing athlete!!! So is Kirby. Enjoy the Grand Canyon. Great sunriseI thought instantly of “On the road again,” by Willie Nelson. :bigsmile:

Michele - I join you in the wish for year around daylight time. It ended Sunday the 7th. :ohwell:

Barbara - Bimart is still going strong in the next town over, but there is no longer a pharmacist. We go to Safeway Pharmacy in our town for prescriptions. I tend to agree with your DH that Fred Meyers is overcrowded. It wouldn’t stop me from getting something I really need, though. :star:

(((Heather))) – Sorry they changed your time schedule. :cry:

Margaret – Your DH made some very nice choices that work for you. Good for him and good for you, too. :heart:

Physical therapy this morning at 11:30. I hope it will help improve my left knee.

Katla in sunny NW Oregon
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    Southernmom – welcome! Where in the south are you located? I’m in NC

barbie – last night I looked at the LAPASA lightweight water resistant (not that I really need that feature) down vest. What sparked my interest was that 1) it’s down filled, not polyester and 2) it looks like the two outer pockets have a zipper and there are two inner pockets. I’m still thinking hard on it before putting it on my Christmas list

I hate this time change, but I’ll get used to it. Just wish we didn’t change time

For some reason, got out of work early today (I always wonder if I forgot something). Some days you leave early, some days later. Made more yogurt and it’s in the IP now. Didn’t realize yesterday that I could have made twice as much. Then got dinner ready to microwave. Saw a guy from bowling at BK, will see him in a few

Barbara – desktop is out of commission right now but I’m using my laptop.

Margaret – what wonderful gifts. I would much rather get a gift of something that I can use or no gift at all.

Pip – for some reason, I didn’t think Arizona changed times

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Michele- I would prefer year around daylight time. Evidently not likely to happen soon. :ohwell:
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Michele Arizona doesn't change times except for at the native American land. That makes the rest of Arizona the same time as the West Coast now.

<3 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Southernmom – welcome! Where in the south are you located? I’m in NC

barbie – last night I looked at the LAPASA lightweight water resistant (not that I really need that feature) down vest. What sparked my interest was that 1) it’s down filled, not polyester and 2) it looks like the two outer pockets have a zipper and there are two inner pockets. I’m still thinking hard on it before putting it on my Christmas list

I hate this time change, but I’ll get used to it. Just wish we didn’t change time

For some reason, got out of work early today (I always wonder if I forgot something). Some days you leave early, some days later. Made more yogurt and it’s in the IP now. Didn’t realize yesterday that I could have made twice as much. Then got dinner ready to microwave. Saw a guy from bowling at BK, will see him in a few

Barbara – desktop is out of commission right now but I’m using my laptop.

Margaret – what wonderful gifts. I would much rather get a gift of something that I can use or no gift at all.

Pip – for some reason, I didn’t think Arizona changed times

Michele NC

California did, when we got into Arizona it changed back