WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Okie - Life long time friends are a treasure. I count several in my life and am so happy to have known them fondly after all this time. ❤️😍❤️😍❤️😘❤️
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Kim … I just found some! Thanks for thinking of me though.

Beth
  • Katla49
    Options
    o:)
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    HEATHER awesome about your radio show. Sorry it was postponed but that gives more time to notify potential future listeners if you have the time.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    MARGARET nice about the gifts from DH. unwanted gifts: give or toss. Your 1st friend was probably well intentioned but not thinking well. The second maybe you could say point blank, I would love to get together but with husband in stage 4 cancer I have more work than I can manage and am overwhelmed so I'm sad to say I have to put if off until you get out from under time-wise, difficult to gage. Or you could ask her if bringing take away for lunch break at home would be a possible alternative if she would like to meet up sooner...if you want to. IF that would be a nice break for you.

VICKI I'm so sorry about your slipped disc, missed vacation and finding about a friend who had passed. That seems really sad not having even a simple service.

TINA I am so sorry bout your uncle and the related family complications.

ANNIE you can also google start up instructions and will very likely find short tutorials on YouTube and other info online if instructions are not furnished.

BETH I'm so sorry.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    :)
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    got some positive looking opening on worker's rights thing we've been working on for over a year.
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,362 Member
    Options
    I've had an interested reply from a national newspaper, no promises, so I've got to post them my books this morning, write a short covering letter etc. I'm popping out for my flu jab just after an early lunch, so I will nip down to the post office then. My DDIL was kind enough to give me the contact, though I didn't mention her.
    Back home for a cup of tea and then off to pick up Bea from school. DH has his jab just a bit after mine. :D<3
    Haven't decided what to do about dinner. :*

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

PS - The tax people think they owe ME money! I've got to write them a note telling them not to give me any, or I'll have to pay it back. I think I must have put my savings interest in the wrong box.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,811 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Im awake and got Alfie out and watching morning news..ill be traveling down in the morning down to New Haven tomorrow ,for the evaluation..only thing i cant handle is if they start trying to take bottles of bloodnot vials..they did that in the hospital and i was in tears.. other than that i can handle most anything.
    Have to go up to the next town up and pick up a special crochet hook to start on Taliahs blanket
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :)Margaret, It took me years of repetition to make the point that I wanted no gifts. i remember when my mother was my age she told me "If I can't eat or drink it or slather it on my body, I don't want it." The last time someone gave me something that was of absolutely no use, I said "Thank you" then later put it in the box of items to donate to the thrift shop.

:) I found out that many of the blankets collected by Project Linus in my community have gone to a food bank where when families come to get food, children are able to choose a hand made blanket for themselves.

:) We finally got appointments for our Moderna booster. We had both had frustrating experiences with trying to make appointments online and by phone so we went to Walgreens yesterday afternoon and found out that we could go to the photo counter and the clerk there would make the appointment. We go for the vaccine on Saturday afternoon.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Alfie is under the covers lol he is such a goon.. gotta love him
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,362 Member
    Options
    KJ - thanks for persevering <3:) It means a lot to me

Margaret- I'm still trying to pluck up courage to say no Christmas presents, just charity donations. The whole thing seems ridiculous to me I give my brother wine and he gives me food or drink. Of course the grandchildren will get presents. ;) DH and I do our Santa presents in bed. :p

I still have to ask DDIL what her Christmas plans are. I hope to do it today as we are in their house. DH is playing a board game with them.

I'm going to order a pizza just as we set off home and we can pick it up as we pass the shop. I am not feeling like cooking. Still recovering from yesterday.
    Pleased we have both got our flu jabs.
    Love to all. Allie, hope all goes well tomorrow. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Just got back from my jaunt up to Michaels craft shop .. got my huge crochet hook and 4 more skeins of jumbo yarn.. heaven help me,hopefully I can pull off crocheting an afghan for Tal..something cozy from grandma..