WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Heather: So happy you were there for that baby!

Today is my last day off. So I plan on doing some things around the house and also something for me.

Yesterday I did overeat a bit. It happened and now I move on.

Today is Day 7 and I am down 6.1 pounds. I am more excited that I have tracked for 7 days. I have not done that in a long time. So I can buy my book that I wanted. I don't usually buy books since once you read them then you are done.

Does anyone have a rewards system set up. I need to make one so that might be my project this week.

Congrats on the weight loss and the logging!

As for books, I was given an e-reader many years ago. At that time, the company (Barnes & Noble) gave away a free book every Friday. I was so excited for Fridays that I'd get up and go to the mister and ask "Do you know what today is?" He'd look at me weird and I'd answer "It's free book day!!!" Eventually, he joined in the nuttiness.

Anyway, I love my Kindle Paperwhite. Wouldn't travel without it. The thing I used to complain about was not knowing the titles of the books I read. When you read a physical book, you close it, sit it on a table, and see the cover. With e-books, you don't. However, Amazon fixed that and you can now use the book cover as the screen saver.

My reward system is weight loss. Unfortunately, that hasn't been working for me lately. *sigh*

Tina in CA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone:

Well back to work for me today. Life as a Pharmacy Tech means Weekends. Though honestly as busy as my store is a weekend shift is some of a relief. Although now that little ones can get vaccinated maybe not.

Yesterday I did 40 min. of raking our gard.en. It is almost ready. Anyone here know if I can cut my rose bush down a bit. Let me tell you I felt all 40 min. I was in bed watching a show on my iPad.

Also cooked some pea soup and Sweet Potatoes for the week. I don't always take my lunches at work so I need easy to eat food in the Pharmacy.

Now that the time change is here. I will have to make a plan for working out during the week. Since I work all kinds of hours and must not be out walking at night, Looks like I might have some early hours for me.

GrandMallie- This is my favorite time change. Extra sleep. The Spring kills me for weeks.

AuntieBK- That is a great idea to do with my book. No workout no reading time. I know years ago I was watching a show but could only watch when I worked out.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Buff in Wisconsin <3

not sure if anyone answered this yet(I am a few pages behind)
    Yes, the roses do better if they are pruned back. Mine are old(we moved here 29yrs ago and they were here then) and will get well over 6ft high if I don't keep them cut back. Wait until all or most of the leaves are off. Here, we don't get much frost so they don't loose all their leaves. I prune in Jan/Feb) and I cut back to about 3-4ft high.
    Thin out any extra growth in the middle. If you really like the roses and want more plants, this is the time to take those cuttings and start new ones.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 963 Member
    Options

Tracey-Yes, it’s good you went to the doc. My sister had extremely high BP, ignored it. Ignored when her doc told her to go directly to the ER. A few months later, she had a stroke. It’s been over a year and she’s still struggling.

Heather-Wow. How great you saved the future prime minister! About your interviews, my colleague either gets their questions in advance or writes his own before agreeing to interviews.

Lisa-Crossing my fingers for you too.

Pip-Congrats! I’d be happy with a sub-10 min. Mile any day!

Katla-I hope PT works for you!

Vicki-So sorry for your back and your friend’s passing.

I have gone through two “fall back” time changes now (in Germany and in the U.S.) and my body is rebelling. Sleep schedule is totally messed up.

On another, very sad note, my uncle passed away yesterday from COVID. This is the 2nd person close to me who has passed away from this. Now, there is a bunch of drama around his death between his wife and his kids. That makes me sad too.

I’m still struggling with losing a few pounds. My clothes are uncomfortable and I refuse to buy new ones. I hate shopping and I’m not buying up in size. However, I am finding it so difficult to lose ounces this time around. Ugh…I hate perimenopause.

To that, off to do my workout.

Tina in CA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Options
    My new phone showed up with no instructions! There is a link to an online user guide but even that is not very helpful. There is a startup piece missing. I guess I should plug it in and charge it up. Maybe that will produce the startup instructions.

Annie in Delaware who is trying to remain calm.
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Karen love the picture of your house. Reminds me of the first house former hubby and I rented. It was quite a bit smaller but all brick- In Theodore,AL. Sadly, neither of us can remember the address- would love to see that place again, if it is still there.
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    just caught up on all the comments. Wasn't feeling good all weekend- sinus stuff I guess. Terrible sore throat and throbbing ear ache. Took meds and took it easy all weekend. Woke up this morning with a bit of a headache but after having my tea and some more meds, feel a bit better. Headache could have been because I had no caffeine at all yesterday- drank an herbal cold med tea then a lot of salty broth but no real tea. That never happens with me.
    Feeling tired now. Haven't decided if I will try and go to Zumba tonight or not. I feel bad if I don't go- there are so few of us in the class. I will decide later.
    Have the daycare girl today- back to normal pick up time instead of the early ones all last week. Think we will stop at the park if the rain holds off- supposed to rain really hard later this afternoon/evening. We haven't made it to the park for a few weeks because of the rain. We only go Monday and Tuesday when her friend is there and it has rained just on those days, or was totally flooded after that one big storm where everything was flooded.
    Got the bird baths scrubbed and refilled, bird feeders/hummingbird feeders filled. They were really a mess/empty so the birds are happy now.
    Last night, while not feeling good, I had some company while trying to relax in the recliner-
    csy4wh908vdg.png
    Three of the cats decided to lay on me. I stayed as long as I could to not disturb them but too much weight plus way too much heat. I had them, a fleece blanket over me and fleece pants on- I was sweating so much I had to finally move. They were not happy. One is fine, two ok, but three of them, just too warm.
    Umaku, Neko and Tonashi.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Anne- Charging your new phone is a good idea. Plug it in so it has time to charge. Did directions come in the box with the phone?
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,721 Member
    Options
    jq0vu81soql9.jpeg
    y0xtghjsjsmq.jpeg
    2ugkblh2n10f.jpeg
    zmvcum0d49o1.jpeg
    2ejmpdx7ojas.jpeg
    rztk0ucmglu7.jpeg
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,811 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    As Heather would say im knackered.. i got up early and finished the baby blanket,its not perfect,i gave it to Tracy she loved the colors and was impressed on my first try..
    I picked Dan up and we went and he got car insurance, and then luckily next door to the garage where we got the car we can register the car.so we went and did that.. but had to go back to Dans and get a check and then go to the bank and get cash for the taxes.. this he wasnt happy about.. well sheesh.. mom bought him a car and he had to come up with 438.00.. the boy doesnt like to part with his money lol
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I had a good experience at physical therapy. One more on 11/11. After that we get ready to visit our family in VA.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    B)
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Beth - I was at the store today and saw spilt peas 1 pound for 69 cents - I bought them, too good of a deal to pass up. Are you sure you don't want me to mail them to you? Granted the postage would be more than the peas... but I sure thought of you as a grabbed a bag.

Kim
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,192 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Good Morning Everyone:

Well back to work for me today. Life as a Pharmacy Tech means Weekends. Though honestly as busy as my store is a weekend shift is some of a relief. Although now that little ones can get vaccinated maybe not.

Yesterday I did 40 min. of raking our gard.en. It is almost ready. Anyone here know if I can cut my rose bush down a bit. Let me tell you I felt all 40 min. I was in bed watching a show on my iPad.

Also cooked some pea soup and Sweet Potatoes for the week. I don't always take my lunches at work so I need easy to eat food in the Pharmacy.

Now that the time change is here. I will have to make a plan for working out during the week. Since I work all kinds of hours and must not be out walking at night, Looks like I might have some early hours for me.

GrandMallie- This is my favorite time change. Extra sleep. The Spring kills me for weeks.

AuntieBK- That is a great idea to do with my book. No workout no reading time. I know years ago I was watching a show but could only watch when I worked out.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Buff in Wisconsin <3

not sure if anyone answered this yet(I am a few pages behind)
    Yes, the roses do better if they are pruned back. Mine are old(we moved here 29yrs ago and they were here then) and will get well over 6ft high if I don't keep them cut back. Wait until all or most of the leaves are off. Here, we don't get much frost so they don't loose all their leaves. I prune in Jan/Feb) and I cut back to about 3-4ft high.
    Thin out any extra growth in the middle. If you really like the roses and want more plants, this is the time to take those cuttings and start new ones.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

My husband cuts ours down to 1-2 feet high. It's startling to come home to little stumps! But they grow ... by mid summer they are 4-5 feet tall and full of roses.

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,811 Member
    Options
    438.00 was registration and taxes .. the car was 1000.00 the springs for the car 500.00 so i paid the 1500.00 ,he paid the rest.. it will be all set ,i will drop him off at 11 am thursday and he will be set with his own ride..
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    <3
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,962 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,192 Member
    Options
    :heart:

I know part of difficulty of dealing with these friends is dealing with a DH with stage four cancer. It uses up what patience I have. I need to be more up front with these friends and if the continue to not get it I will just spend less time with them and when I do see them it will be doing something we both enjoy when ti works for both of us.

It is OK to be "selfish" when you've got a lot on your plate and it's OK to do exactly what you said ... "when I do see them it will be doing something we both enjoy when it works for both of us"

We have enough in our lives that's inconvenient and uncomfortable ... friendship shouldn't be.

M in Oz