• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • DisneyBound22
    DisneyBound22 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone:

Well back to work for me today. Life as a Pharmacy Tech means Weekends. Though honestly as busy as my store is a weekend shift is some of a relief. Although now that little ones can get vaccinated maybe not.

Yesterday I did 40 min. of raking our gard.en. It is almost ready. Anyone here know if I can cut my rose bush down a bit. Let me tell you I felt all 40 min. I was in bed watching a show on my iPad.

Also cooked some pea soup and Sweet Potatoes for the week. I don't always take my lunches at work so I need easy to eat food in the Pharmacy.

Now that the time change is here. I will have to make a plan for working out during the week. Since I work all kinds of hours and must not be out walking at night, Looks like I might have some early hours for me.

GrandMallie- This is my favorite time change. Extra sleep. The Spring kills me for weeks.

AuntieBK- That is a great idea to do with my book. No workout no reading time. I know years ago I was watching a show but could only watch when I worked out.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Buff in Wisconsin <3
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    s9m1vl1kkkk7.png
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,989 Member
    Options
    :)Buff,Two things that worked for me:
    *****Read "Better Than Before" by Gretchen Rubin----it's a great book about finding ways to make and keep good habits

****Listen to audio books while walking or working out. I walk extra and do extra just so I can listen more.

:)Barbara, I have lived all my adult life in smaller communities with fewer services. I like the quiet simple life and am willing to do without all the extra conveniences.

:) This morning I feel so much more rested with the clocks turned back. In a little while I am going to enjoy the earlier sunrise.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
    Up and dressed for the run. Brrrr it’s 50 out rift now. We start running at 6:30. It’s gonna b cold until we run a bit and warm up
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,400 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Stats Update

• ☘️Terri, in Northern Ireland
    • Married 55 years
    • 2 daughters, 3 adult grands
    • 5’2”
    • SW: 227 (March 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • GW: 140
    • CW: 139.6
    Daily Goals:
    • Working on strength/stamina
    • All my stats are in the normal range for my age/height.
    • Maintain Weight < 145
    • Reduce Fat%:✅ 29.3 -> 22.0
    • Increase Muscle%: ✅28.7->31.6
    • CI < CO
    • Steps > 7500
    • Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily
    • Active hours > 6 daily
      Some activities I get to do
    • Meditation, walk/jog
    • Local shopping (with social distancing)
    • Dancing
    • Arts/crafts
      P S - It's Guy Fawkes night tonight. Bonfire Night. The fireworks have just started!
      A local town, Lewes, is famous for its parade. They are asking people not to visit this year because of covid.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

We didn’t hear a single firework go off on either Hallowe’en or Guy Fawkes. No trick or treaters either. Happy Days.
      Bravo on being in the right place at the right time.

Tracey <> So glad you got to see your doctor so soon.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »

Just skimmin’ as I’m pooped, but wanted to say Tracey I’m so glad you were able to get in to see your Dr. Scary stuff that.

Am I the only one that read this as "Just skimmin' as I pooped." I was thinking TMI Barbara. TMI. But then I read it again.

Oh, my!

And, Tracey, I second the happiness that you got in to see your doctor.

Heather, congrats on the quick action with the toddler. Good job!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,818 Member
    Options
    I needed to go back to sleep for a couple of hours.. i have laundry in the wash that i will start later.. and going to have a cup of tea..
    Trudy and I are going to Ruth Chris for Happy Hour.. we are cheap they have 4 different things that are 9 bucks so ill get 1 and a glass of water and thats my food for the day..
    We are going to Stew Leonards afterwards..
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I have heard gunshots today. It seems likely that duck & goose hunting season is open across the river in Washington from us. There are open fields there. Hunting inside City Limits here is not legal.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,369 Member
    Options
    Terri - Saturday was noisier than Friday here, with one stupid s•d setting off big bangs at 10.45 pm. Grrr! I think it was better than most years though. In Brighton and Hove trick or treaters only call if you have a lighted pumpkin outside. The grandkids had buckets full of sweets!

I'm trying not to get nervous about tomorrow. So far so good.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,540 Member
    Options
    Eating breakfast was a delight this morning. Some protein graham cereal bits over Tillamook yogurt and a blueberry drizzle (leftover compote from my fruit pop tarts). Filled Lee's pill container. It always takes me by surprise that I have been doing this task since 2014. 9 pills morning, 2 pills lunch, 1 pill dinner, and 4 pills bedtime. I have only messed up once, and mixed my pills in with his. So instead of anti rejection meds, he would've gotten my bladder calming meds! Lol! I asked him about the change in color, and we figured it out before he actually took any. Phew!
    Do any of you have disturbing dreams? Last night I had an awful one of my middle son, getting a gunshot wound. I woke up I such a state. I know your brain prepares you for upcoming tasks. Like when you're pregnant, you dream of a baby getting hurt, and that's your brains preparing you to be alert. So I am putting this dream in that context. I shall be on Athena duty down there, while they pack their Uhaul etc. Not leaving until 17th though.
    Today is a taco extravaganza! I am making both beef tacos and also a bit of chicken. I have guacamole, sour cream, a nice head of lettuce, tomatoes, olives, Mexican blend cheese, refried beans, tortillas, and taco shells. I am not having lunch just the taco feast tonight.
    This weekend I received two beautiful letters. You could tell they had fun decorating them, and took the time in nice long letters. When I can read the letter, laugh, and smile, while sipping my coffee, its like I've had a good visit with them. Having pen pals help me cope with life most definitely! One gal was in Sri Lanka, the other in Savannah, Georgia.💖
    Well feeling better bladder wise.🙏💖😁🙃😊
    Hugs my ladies!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Heather - Your intervention saved a child from serious hurt. You were a guardian angel for that child. Thank goodness you were there! :heart:

Barbara – I’m sure the California Fred Meyer is a good store, BUT the law there is that there is sales tax. Is there any relief for Oregon shoppers for medicines that have been prescribed from a doctor? :huh: I looked it up and found that medical devices are exempt from sales tax in California, but medicine is taxable. How far away from you is the nearest pharmacy in Oregon?

Two weeks from now we will be headed east to see our son, daughter in law, and grandson. We are looking forward to seeing them. They are getting ready to have baby number 2, and we are praying all goes very well for the birth & for our trip to get there. :heart:

Katla in NW OR
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Katla I'm happy to hear that you are going to visit your family! We'll pray for an easy delivery for your DDinL and your safe trip!

We're still working on our floor! Not as easy as we thought!

<3 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,658 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,
    Karen – what a beautiful home! I think you have moved, but if not is it tough to live in just a few rooms. I would LOVE and Live constantly on the screened porch.

Thinking of everyone.
    Smiles Kim N. California
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,779 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Karen ... I took a look at the house because I am generally curious about homes for sale ... and as my mom would say, I'm "nebby". Your old house is beautiful with magazine worthy decor/colors! I hope you get a generous offer!

Beth
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Karen ~ The house looks wonderful and I am sure you will get many takers!

Carol in GA
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    BARBARA I had never heard of king's tide! that's like a very high tide right ?

Julie France
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,544 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Afternoon and evening, my dear people...

Karen -
    Fingers crossed for a bidding war! I think you're catching the last gasp of this seller's market and it's an absolutely beautiful house.

Heather -
    I woke up thinking "I missed Heather's interview!" and then I realized it was Sunday.
    :p

Buff -
    As a general rule, most roses are pruned in the spring, after the last hard frost, when the new red leaves start coming in or before the buds open.

Rebecca -
    On the subject of weird dreams, when I was still married to him, I used to bury my ex-husband at least once a month in my dreams, all the way to throwing dirt on the coffin, moving home with Mama, and getting three or four cats. I hasten to add that he's still alive, 13 years after I left him, or at least I think he is. Thankfully, the dreams weren't prophecies. I always figured they were my brain playing the worst scenario to help prepare me.

KatieBug -
    You look so happy in that picture, it's a lovely before and after comparison.

Two days in a row with lots of sleep (comparatively), and lessened pain. Fingers crossed that I've rounded the corner on this mess. More labs on Wednesday, then my GP a week later, and a colonoscopy with a gastroenterologist scheduled two days before Thanksgiving. Cardiologist and rheumatologist in mid and late January. Just want an answer to all this, and hoping that with all these players in the mix, there will be.

Lazy Sunday in progress here... Sun's shining, temperature is perfect, Egg the cat purring in Corey's lap next to me because I'm tippy-tapping too much for her liking.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,540 Member
    Options
    Afternoon and evening, my dear people...

Karen -
    Fingers crossed for a bidding war! I think you're catching the last gasp of this seller's market and it's an absolutely beautiful house.

Heather -
    I woke up thinking "I missed Heather's interview!" and then I realized it was Sunday.
    :p

Buff -
    As a general rule, most roses are pruned in the spring, after the last hard frost, when the new red leaves start coming in or before the buds open.

Rebecca -
    On the subject of weird dreams, when I was still married to him, I used to bury my ex-husband at least once a month in my dreams, all the way to throwing dirt on the coffin, moving home with Mama, and getting three or four cats. I hasten to add that he's still alive, 13 years after I left him, or at least I think he is. Thankfully, the dreams weren't prophecies. I always figured they were my brain playing the worst scenario to help prepare me.

KatieBug -
    You look so happy in that picture, it's a lovely before and after comparison.

Two days in a row with lots of sleep (comparatively), and lessened pain. Fingers crossed that I've rounded the corner on this mess. More labs on Wednesday, then my GP a week later, and a colonoscopy with a gastroenterologist scheduled two days before Thanksgiving. Cardiologist and rheumatologist in mid and late January. Just want an answer to all this, and hoping that with all these players in the mix, there will be.

Lazy Sunday in progress here... Sun's shining, temperature is perfect, Egg the cat purring in Corey's lap next to me because I'm tippy-tapping too much for her liking.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Yep, that's what I was thinking mine mean too. I also dream of my youngest son, and he's always a teenager, just passing thru my dream. Then I am trying to find him again. Not a fun dream whatsoever.😢. But that's my brains way of telling me to let go I suppose.💖
    Hugs
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington