WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Allie - Alfie is an interesting dog. We have had many wonderful dogs over the years but none of them were TV watchers. We are without a dog since Schooner passed away. We’ll be looking for a puppy next year. <3

our dogs never watched tv but our little deaf kitty LOVED to watch tv- If there was a tv on(and in this house, with six tv's, all hooked up and on most of the time) she was watching it. We have many pictures of her just watching- didn't seem to matter what it was. She passed away in Feb, I think.
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Comic-Con is for Sci-Fi and Anime mostly but some other shows too. DH has gone before to just check it out but now found a co-worker that sells his art work there and needs dh's help at his booth. DH helps out but also gets in free and gets to check out the other vendors before the show starts.
    He has been making these 3D printed rifle things(something from Star Trek-the original one) and one of the vendors has bought 5 of them and wants more. DH keeps upgrading them- adding light/sound/etc to each new one.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    Grr. I went to the local Verizon store to buy a phone and they don't have any. They had four sales people hanging out. I had done a lot of preparation for their silly appointment. They gave me a phone number to try for tele-sales. Even if I can get a new phone shipped, how are they going to transfer my number and stuff while I am on the phone with them? I need to relax and do some adulting here, but I really expected to walk out with a new working phone.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,733 Member
    Options
    dwxtjzpiohhk.jpeg
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,542 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: take BP, BB&B, postponed Tumble nail trim, Chiropractor, called BiMart re Joe’s rx, let message for eye Dr’s tech to call back, dogs to powerline, followed up with Corner Drug re Joe’s booster (#96 in line, approx. 2 weeks),
    Bonus: Freddie’s, veg prep
    Just one thing: brought in tote for sorting pictures into folders
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, follow up with eye Dr re: Joe’s rx, make up 30 mins Tuesday’s line dancing (practice WBW, B, GDLL, SL, DM, SWTD), backup files then call pc guy to schedule tuneup, fire district: Safety and Security grant, research district tax exemption for volunteer firefighters, AFG grant requirements including NIMS, call NFPA cancel inactive accounts, clarify benefits included in annual dues, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS, index mutual aid files and share with L; start Part D research with new rx info, watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Do Your Thing, practice dances: All Night, TGIF, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), One Margarita); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Sunday: call S, Reward: inventory seeds, plan next spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Reminder: Weekly: Mon=20 mins SWSY. Tues=30 mins line dance at home. Wed=30 mins T’ai Chi & 1 hr pack walk. Thurs=20 mins BB&B. Fri=30 mins T’ai Chi. Sat=1 hr pack walk. Sun=15 mins wii balance games.
    November
    4: Sign up to join a new course, activity or online community: nope. Well maybe Pastor Jim’s Bible study would be more to my taste than BGBS…
    5: Change your normal routine today and see how you feel. Yesterday it was a little harder to make myself do BB&B, ‘cuz I cheated and played solitaire before instead of after ;}

OOPS didn’t take BP yesterday after all. Was up early, finished readings before daylight and went straight to doing T’ai Chi on the deck. [url]s14108.gif[/url]

Heard the term “pharmacy desert” for the first time. When Walgreen’s bought BiMart’s pharmacies, they transferred rx’s to local Walgreens. Nearest is in Crescent City, 30 miles south across a state border, so perhaps that’s why they “sold” our rx’s to Freddie’s. BTW, Joe’s Part D insurance @ $24/month, doesn’t cover his newest $186/month rx AND the premiums are doubling in 2022. Time to research other Part D offerings.

KJ :love: the pics and what you said about the gals on this thread.
    Rebecca that Athena Rose pic made me laugh out loud for joy!
    Beth I’ve snuck ground turkey into highly seasoned spaghetti sauce, but it hardly seems worth the trouble.
    Terri ((hugs)) Welcome back, you were missed.
    Buffy in WI are there 3 dots above the word More at the bottom right of the app on your phone? If so, tap them and scroll down the list for Community, then Motivation and Support, then down to Women 50+ for November 2021. If not, can you go to the www.mfp.com website on your phone?
    Kay your smile says it all! Bravissima!

Knee screaming “Storm coming!” all day. Gave in and took an aspirin and a nap. Was struggling to make steps, then stumbled upon a Bob and Brad PT podcast with Sara Meeks about exercise and osteoporosis. It was so fascinating I was able to march in place, painlessly, to make goal. Motion IS lotion, and distraction helps too ;)

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    November: leaner/stronger/kinder than October.
    daily: sit with Joe:4, weigh/wii: 4/0/0; steps>7391=7828 vits=4, log=4, CI<CO=4, CI<250<CO=4, Tumble=3, Shadow=4, mfp=4, outside=5, up hill=3, clean 10=, excavate 5=2.
    wkly: Sun:W=, Mon:SWSY=1, Tue:LD=1 , Wed:TC=1.1, PW=1, Thurs: BB&B=1.1, Fri:TC=, Sat:PW=, rX x4=.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/30:141.2 10/31:145.1 mnthly: board mtg= , grant=1, plan=, waist=42.
    bonus: AF=3, play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

And that's why I post it.😁. Kids sure have a way of resetting our priorities, looking at the world more simply, and give so much joy to the world when they smile.😊
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Barbie- bless you on your project linus ..sounds it helps alot...
    Dan is going to Com a Con in Providence, RI tomorrow so I am running him around to his bank to get money to take with him

my husband helps a friend who sells his art work at all the ComicCon's around here. They are going to one tomorrow in SF, last weekend it was another one. They are trying to get in at the one next month in LA. If they do, they will be gone 4-5 days(show is 3 days and they have about 7 hr drive each way)
    Not sure if they are going or not- he is trying to get space there.
    I had planned on going to my mom's for our annual candy making weekend that weekend but will do it the following weekend instead. That is fine with me.(may be going up to mom's next weekend- make some pomegranite jelly)

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

Debbie, Lee and I went to the LA one back in the 80's. It was fascinating! You'd see someone in a Star Trek uniform and you'd think, wow that's a nice outfit. Then they'd walk closer, and closer, and you'd see the plastic, the stitching, the bad complexion. Now I know not all Treki's are pimple faced, and I just made an awful comparison, but that's what I remember. Nowadays the ComiCons are filled it with anamie characters, some fairly outlandishly sexual. I think the worst possible snafu is to mix up Star Trek with Star Wars.😂
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Annie - I just had to respond, I have bought all my phones via the web page of whom ever is my preferred provider ( in your case on the Verizon web page) my experience has been, it comes in the mail in one or two days, you plug it in and charge it then call a number (or go to a web page) to activate the new phone and part of that process it to say yes! I want my number, pictures, greeting..... moved from my old to my new phone. They tell you how long it will take and you leave the phones sitting near each other and on and in a set number of minutes the new phone has everything and the old phone has nothing -- Easy and magical.

Kim

Its like you are introducing your old phone to your new phone.... Phone X meet phone Y.....nice to meet you serial number blah blah....🙃😁😂😂😂
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    KATLA so glad the PT went well!

HEATHER Who ! so Alexa has a preference for POSH ? that's a hoot!

Welcome all the newcomers !

feeling a bit better. I had been under the weather for a few days.
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Went shopping today and bought some pizza crusts to make a pizza for me today. I have a yellow onion, some sausage bits, a new jar of olive bruschetta, black olives, and some spoonfuls of homemade spaghetti sauce and a big tomato! I'm excited!
    I also bought cheeses, a big head of lettuce, and a 85% bar of chocolate. This week will be magnificent! I know I shouldn't get so excited about food, but I do.
    Well its amazing how meds can make you feel better so quickly. Already my UTI doesn't hurt and ache as much! Its a miracle!💖👍
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kim that's reassuring. My old phone is old so it might be more tricky, but I should give them a chance before I get so anxious.

Annie in Delaware
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Barbie- bless you on your project linus ..sounds it helps alot...
    Dan is going to Com a Con in Providence, RI tomorrow so I am running him around to his bank to get money to take with him

my husband helps a friend who sells his art work at all the ComicCon's around here. They are going to one tomorrow in SF, last weekend it was another one. They are trying to get in at the one next month in LA. If they do, they will be gone 4-5 days(show is 3 days and they have about 7 hr drive each way)
    Not sure if they are going or not- he is trying to get space there.
    I had planned on going to my mom's for our annual candy making weekend that weekend but will do it the following weekend instead. That is fine with me.(may be going up to mom's next weekend- make some pomegranite jelly)

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

Debbie, Lee and I went to the LA one back in the 80's. It was fascinating! You'd see someone in a Star Trek uniform and you'd think, wow that's a nice outfit. Then they'd walk closer, and closer, and you'd see the plastic, the stitching, the bad complexion. Now I know not all Treki's are pimple faced, and I just made an awful comparison, but that's what I remember. Nowadays the ComiCons are filled it with anamie characters, some fairly outlandishly sexual. I think the worst possible snafu is to mix up Star Trek with Star Wars.😂
    Rebecca

my mom and sister are always mixing up Star Trek and Star wars- DH is a huge Star Trek fan. Soso fan of Star Wars.
    This one in LA isnt the huge one (week long)-that one is crazy to get into now- have to get in a lottery to even get a chance at tickets and that is held a year in advance. He went to that one a couple times.
    There are so many different companies that are doing the shows now. That is why dh is going with his friend so many times.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,823 Member
    Options
    Yes Dan is into all that Star wars,anime and other stuff,they are going to meet Carl Wethers(sp) he was in the Rocky movies and Star wars .. Dan took Taliah and I to one up in Hartford a few yrs back,not really my cup of tea but he is super excited..
    Well I have been talking to the guy at the garage I take my car to looking for a car for Dan.. just something to get him back and forth to work,he doesn't go far but i want him to have some independence.. It is a 2002 Rav 4 with 247,000 miles on it,but 1 owner runs well new alternator,newer tires needs new springs that will be put on and there is a little bit of a bump on the right front fender but 1500.00 and the title is in his hands.. now to get it registered and insured.. he only needs liabilty on it because of the age of the car..
    Some times ya just gotta do things for your kids and this just felt like one of them.. I trust Bill the owner of the garage he wouldnt sell me something that he thought wouldn't last at least a few more years
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,733 Member
    Options
    Rrrr
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,781 Member
    Options
    Ground Turkey ... thanks for your responses! It would seem that the common theme with ground turkey is to "hide" it with spices and sauces.

Janetr ... Happy Birthday!

Kay ... your weightloss/health progress has been amazing and you look fantastic!!

Allie ... helping our kids is ingrained in our maternal DNA ... no way around it. I hope the RAV4 gives him a few years. I have friends who rave about their Rav4s.

Rita ... fasting, if nothing else, is damage control. Shut down the kitchen after 8 hours (or whatever number you choose) and stick with it. You'll soon feel like you have your eating habits back under control.

I've been in a recipe experimenting mood. Today I used up a lot of leftover mashed potatoes (that my guys wouldn't eat after the turkey meatloaf fiasco) in a new potato soup recipe. I liked it. Lots of mushrooms and onions added. Also made a large pan of cream cheese frosted cinnamon rolls (a yeasted sweet bread). They turned out awesome ... of course ... they're not healthy in any way shape or form.

My 23 year old son got his Covid booster today ... he was dragging his feet but he will soon be in the public a lot with his new job and his dad was insistent ... he's become overprotective with both my son and I since Ian's death (not covid related). Of course, several people in our immediate circle have developed covid after being fully vaccinated, so his concerns are somewhat based on legitimate reasons.

A beautiful fall day near Buffalo
    Beth
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,837 Member
    Options
    Hooray! Heather's book just arrived at my door! Just in time for the weekend! <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Worked then soup kitchen. Steve left. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Firm Fat Burning Cardio DVD.

There is this guy at work, Jerry (I don’t know if I told you about him). Well, this one gal, Angel, picked him up and took him home every day. So one day I left and he was waiting for Angel so I offered to take him home. Well, the other day I went to tell Angel that I’d take Jerry home, but Angel had left. Since I wasn’t going somewhere after work, I took him home. Today tho, I had plans to go to the soup kitchen, Jerry told me it was Angel’s day off. So I asked him how he got to work and he said this other person who I didn’t recognize. So I asked him where she was and he said “oh, she left”. So guess who took him home and then went to the soup kitchen. Actually, I got there a bit late.

While I was at the soup kitchen I found out that Jerry is the ex-bf of this gal, Jessie, who works there. She’s a real sweet kid, but she is a bit on the slow side. Well, Jerry is, too. Anyway, I knew that she hadn’t seen her son is many years, Jerry is always talking about his sister. Jessie told me that his sister won’t let her see her son. I don’t know the whole story there. Then Gail who also volunteers there said to me “watch out, he’s mean, he was very mean to Jessie”. I don’t know the whole story but Gail is someone I’d trust.

When I told Vince this he just said “be careful”. I am, I am also going to try to distance myself from constantly taking him home. I feel like I’m being taken advantage of. So come Monday I’m going to say to Angel “I can’t take Jerry home today”. Same thing for Tuesday and Friday.

Tracey – someone else suggested vinegar. I’m going to give that a try. I know I used to use white vinegar on grass stains.

They had a truck delivery today at work and, of course, the back door was open while they were delivering things. Why, I have no idea, but after the left, Jerry kept the door open. I was shivering!!! So I asked Jerry “is there a reason the back door is open”. I was pretty sure the only reason was that he didn’t close it. Yup, I was right

Didn’t do real good on the eating front while Steve was here. He likes his ice cream, we had ribs, stuffed manicotti, apple pie, things that I usually don’t make. Well, he left so it’s back to my old routine.

Rebecca – how often do you donate blood?

Julie – glad to hear you’re feeling better

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3