WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    If white bothers you, you can always change to a black background. Several people at work prefer to work that way. There are a number of different display settings on computers these days for different issues.

b8hbq24z86yo.png
  • Machka9
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Is BBCode back?

Yes it is!
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Popping in before bed.
    Lisa- So sorry to hear about what your daughter/family is going through. Being apart is so hard. Being a single parent is so hard. But having to deal with another person's insecurities and jealousies while you are trying to hold everything together on your own?! I am so glad she has you and Corey to listen and lend a shoulder.

I just got back from my grocery shopping. I did it tonight, as I had to go out anyway to get my second c-19 jab. Funny (I think) story: As I was unloading my groceries onto the belt at Aldi, I bobbled a bottle of wine. It was a tense few moments of juggling as I tried to recover and get it safely to the conveyor belt. It finally settled on the belt with my arms hovering protectively over it. The gentleman and his wife, who were ahead of me in line. watched the juggling act and when it was over the husband said, "You landed on that like it was a live grenade!" and the wife said, "OF course she did! It's Friday! Above all else, you've got to save the wine!" lol
    First item on my to do list this weekend, have a glass of wine and watch the latest episode of the Great British Bake Off/Baking Show. Yea!! Good night all! KJ
  • Machka9
    Options
    I've been thinking that it would be nice to take a month or 6 weeks off this coming winter.
    We can't leave Tasmania, of course, but I envision that we could spend a couple weeks up north cycling on beautiful roads and the rest of the time at home catching up on things.
    And sleeping. Lots of sleeping.

2w038yxbrgrb.png

I'm only 54 but so ready for retirement! :lol:

M in Oz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    vqu8d79ffxzq.png

Yippee.....I can paste my fun graphics again.

<3 The way I find this thread is to click on the "Community" tab, then click on my little picture in the circle at the top right hand corner of the page and the drop down menu includes bookmarks so when I click on "bookmarks" I can find the threads that I have bookmarked.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    I just use the book mark feature on my tablet. Then after I make new bookmark, I go to view bookmarks, and delete the older one. Easy peasy!
    Rebecca
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Kelly - I’ve felt like you a few different times in my life and was diagnosed with depression each time. When I saw my doctor in Oct she told me half of her patients are struggling With it right now.
    I hope you feel better soon.

Machka - I agree with you about retirement right now. I really feel like I need a long vacation.

I spoke to my doctor today. She was 2.5 hours past our scheduled time when she called, her husband tested positive for Covid today so she had to leave the office and go for a test herself. She called me from her home. I just love her.
    I had gone since March without having a cycle and was hoping it was just done. On Oct 20th I started spotting and it has only gotten heavier daily since. When reading what was “normal” on Wednesday I found that I should notify my doctor after more than a week, hence the appointment today. She called in two prescriptions for me, if one doesn’t stop it in 3-4 days I’m to start the second one. She is concerned about my iron levels and told me to eat lots of meat right now.
    I am hoping that next year I am healthier than I have been this year.

Tomorrow I am going to my daughters to help her decorate for Christmas. I don’t know how much energy I’ll have but I’m looking forward to spending the day with her nonetheless.

Today I went shopping for a bit with my eldest daughter and granddaughter. It wore me out, but I did buy 3 Christmas gifts.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Machka9
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Humming this song to myself ...

We shovelled and carried another 380 kg of rocks for our footpath today. That brings it to a total of 740 kg (1631 lbs) so far on two weekends. Hopefully this will get us close unless we decide to extend the path.

https://youtu.be/RRh0QiXyZSk

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Tracey - I think you should be having a full check up in person, with blood tests and a physical examination. Push for it.

Machka - Could your husband's son not step up to look after him while you visit your relatives once covid restrictions are eased? There must also be respite care available, even though expensive. Perhaps a week with each?
    I'm not sure I would be spending money and all that effort improving someone else's property! Why is the landlord not doing it? Or paying you.
    I was very lucky to be able to retire from my very part time teaching work at the age of 55, when I married DH. That was the reason we got legally married, so that I would have protection if something happened to him. Neither of us really felt it was emotionally necessary as we were already happily together. It just made things easier financially. Of course, I will continue to work at my heart job, writing, until the day I die. It is my life's purpose.

I'm delighted to see that we now have single spacing again!! :drinker: And, as Machka said, the BCCodes are working again. :p
    Gradual improvements. :bigsmile:

I'm going to do NO publicity today.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka - Could your husband's son not step up to look after him while you visit your relatives once covid restrictions are eased? There must also be respite care available, even though expensive. Perhaps a week with each?
    I'm not sure I would be spending money and all that effort improving someone else's property! Why is the landlord not doing it? Or paying you.
    I was very lucky to be able to retire from my very part time teaching work at the age of 55, when I married DH. That was the reason we got legally married, so that I would have protection if something happened to him. Neither of us really felt it was emotionally necessary as we were already happily together. It just made things easier financially. Of course, I will continue to work at my heart job, writing, until the day I die. It is my life's purpose.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I would like to bring my husband with me and he would like to come with me.
    But regarding care, it's complicated. One of many issues is that my husband doesn't want care or think he needs care.

The footpath isn't costing much at all. I'm stunned how inexpensive the gravel has been! I figured we'd put $100 toward this project, and so far, we haven't reached that limit.
    Our landlord has been absolutely wonderful to us, especially since my husband's accident. Putting $100 toward a good footpath hardly makes up for what they've done.
    Plus, a decent gravel footpath means that we won't track as much mud into the house which means less cleaning which pleases me. :)

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    97oufoqx31ov.png

Does shovelling gravel and weeding count? :smiley:
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,490 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    1. November: leaner/stronger/kinder than October.
    2. Chose well: not quite 3 hrs lopping brush, lifting into burn barrel, veg prep, made up Tues line dancing
    3. Bonus: made eye Dr. appt, sent records request to old dr.
    4. Just one thing:
    5. November 12: Find out something new about someone you care about: means I have to listen!
    6. 13: Do something playful outdoors - walk, run, explore, relax: dog group? Yesterday’s burn barrel?
    Took the opportunity provided by the new way of doing spoilers, to streamline a little. “Get to do’s” and daily stats moved out of what I post, saving to monthly document for review. Change can be good.

Lisa sad and angry about your daughter’s situation. Damglad she has you on her side, and sounds like her command structure too. While its always sad to see a marriage go down the drain, escaping from a controlling, toxic relationship is survival for herself and her children. Couragia!
    Rori, KJ, Machka, Margaret, Beth and Vickie ((hugs))
    Karen finally was able to submit request to allow users to customize background color and save to profile when I got trapped in the help thread and could find no way back either to the community or the food diary. ??? Added that to my request :naughty: Using web on a Windows 10 laptop, browsing in Waterfox with all scripts temporarily allowed. Thanks for the medicare advantage add, somehow I had Martha Stewart in my mind… :laugh:
    Heather like KJ I’d love to pop out for a potato, but then we’d have to put up with neighbors and traffic. Next spring I’ll plant ‘em. I love brandy soaked fruitcake made with glace fruit. The only dried fruit in my recipe are dates, raisins and currants. Haven’t made it in years since I’m the only one who’ll eat it.
    Suebdew, that’s quite a come back!
    Carol your insight about Lisa’s son-in-law sounds right on point.
    Michele when you go on mfp from your tablet are you logging in? Are you using an app or the web? Sounds like you might just be getting to the public food database and not getting into your profile.
    Machka I don’t want to change my Windows display settings, all my other apps and web pages are fine. It’s just mfp forums that are eye-abrading. BBC code back? :
    :laugh:
    Yes!!! Hooray!!! A six week vacation sounds like just the rx for you and your DH. Would your company give you leave? Sounds like the perfect song choice for that task :smiley: And sure they count! I’m counting lopping and lifting brush into the burn barrel…
    Tracey, if the joy of decorating with your daughter doesn’t give you the energy you need, then plop your butt into a chair and be the director – hang that there! A little to the left!! Perfect!!! Whatever, enjoy the time with your DD.

Whoops! Where does the time go? Joe’s up, time to sit with him a bit.

Lighter, lovelies!
    ajzwq0iubfux.gif
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • Machka9
    edited November 2021
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    A six week vacation sounds like just the rx for you and your DH. Would your company give you leave?
    Lighter, lovelies!
    ajzwq0iubfux.gif
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

Not likely.
    It's just a wish.

But in 2 years I'll have access to my long service leave, so maybe then.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    I spoke to my doctor today. She was 2.5 hours past our scheduled time when she called, her husband tested positive for Covid today so she had to leave the office and go for a test herself. She called me from her home. I just love her.
    I had gone since March without having a cycle and was hoping it was just done. On Oct 20th I started spotting and it has only gotten heavier daily since. When reading what was “normal” on Wednesday I found that I should notify my doctor after more than a week, hence the appointment today. She called in two prescriptions for me, if one doesn’t stop it in 3-4 days I’m to start the second one. She is concerned about my iron levels and told me to eat lots of meat right now.
    I am hoping that next year I am healthier than I have been this year.

Tracey in Edmonton

You might ask about getting a full ultrasound, including internal.

Abnormal bleeding was the reason I eventually saw a doctor ... about 3 weeks later I was in surgery to remove a huge polyp which was diagnosed as pre-cancer. And I went through it all again 2.5 years later.

I put up with abnormal bleeding for about a year and a half before I got fed up. If I had gone in earlier the first time, it might have been solved earlier.

M in Oz

• cityjaneLondon
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Barbara and KJ - That is the main reason we moved to Hove. I hated having to get in a car to buy a pint of milk. Here I can walk everywhere or get a bus. Delivery once a fortnight. I have not been in a car for more than a mile for nearly two years. And rarely that. Doctor at the end of the road. Dentist not much further. Hospital a bus ride away. I just love that secure feeling. Plus the sea at the end of the road. Very quiet.
    Best decision I ever made!
    My only fear is that one of our direct neighbours might sell up, or decide to do a big refurbishment. Ugh! A long cruise or rental in France might beckon! :p

My son has now booked the builders for the big house refurbishment. They are not doing it next year because Max is going up to secondary school. In fact, the earliest time available is spring 2023. :o:o It will give them time to save a bit more towards it.

Found this pic of me in an old album. I think I must be around 10 years old.
    9b5gdwdlhvlz.jpg

Love to all. Heather UK xxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Machka and Tracey - Definitely. You have to fight your own corner.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    morning ladies
    until they get this android thing fixed I guess I'll be on here and there.. I sure do hope they get it fixed within a reasonable amount of time.
    Lisa- Im so sorry to hear about your son in law doing that to your daughter..yes she has alot of thinking to do. and glad she has you and Corey in her corner.
    my patio is full of leaves again so will let them dry out and blow them all out again ,and hopefully that will be it until next fall..
    I have ordered more stuff of of Babylist for my daughter, I cant get it all and wish I could but have put a good dent in it.. her bosses got them the expensive car seat and a playmat they wanted and her co-worker got her a few things,her aunt and uncle got a fancy video baby monitor and stand and bathtub..
    some of the other things she doesnt really need until the little guy is a bit older,but she is keeping them on the list so she remembers what they are.
    today ill get laundry done , and get fresh sheets on the bed..and get the garbage out to the dumpster.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    If white bothers you, you can always change to a black background. Several people at work prefer to work that way. There are a number of different display settings on computers these days for different issues.

b8hbq24z86yo.png

I would like to know how to do this.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

2191610q208gshr57.gif
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Well im on my phone ,like you said I just have to access the website, im hoping the figure out the android soon ,much easier for this ol geezer ,lol
    Took my pills and had a cup of cocoa and might rest for a bit before i get up and get moving for the day...