WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Peach - we made the 8" round one. It is quite big and even bigger with marzipan and icing on it!

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Barbara - some time ago you asked me what a dryrobe was. Here it is. Absurdly expensive, but a lot of people love them.
    usrbbkmaolic.jpg

Kim - How kind you were to a neighbour. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Iiiiii
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    I have been in bed all day with stomach cramps,i was hungry so i made some instant cream of wheat and will just lay low today... im wondering if I have crohns or something of that sort.. im hoping not,Lord ive had my share of enough stuff going on ..
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Karen - I love that seagull too. He was really letting everyone know he was king of the pole. :D The 'artwork' is a simple free app called Polish. I've been having fun with it. I used the app for my book cover and my Instagram posts.
    I've just ordered some thick paper/card that I can print on to make greetings cards.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Still stuffed up on one side on my face so wanted to wait for booster. I am am scheduled Nov 26 day after Thanksgiving. We decided we are going to have a roast instead of turkey this year and hopefully younger son can join us. DH tries to push himself. Today he did laundry and made soup. He does better when he has a goal for the day.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)We got our Moderna boosters yesterday afternoon and feel another big hurdle has been jumped. We still won't change where we go (almost nowhere) or what we do (almost nothing outside our neighborhood), but we feel safer.

>:) I got a phone call yesterday from a woman in my line dance class who told me that someone was going to teach beginning line dance at the Senior Center starting in December. She wanted me to mail her a list of phone numbers of people in my class so she could call some of them and tell them about the class. I smiled (to make my voice sound pleasant), and said "no".

<3Lisa,

<3Flea

:)Heather, what a great place you live. It was worth all the time and hand-wringing it took to make the move.

:)Barbara, I admire the way you respond so well to everyone.

:) This morning I walk alone and listen to podcasts, then we drive to town to pick up groceries.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

I wouldn’t have shared the list either Barbie. I find it incredibly rude for people to share phone numbers without first getting permission to do so.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Good for you Barbie.. that is down right rude asking for phone numbers for your dance class.
    I had some plain pasta and watched TV all afternoon . Tomorrow im hoping to be up and feeling much better..
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,876 Member
    Options
    :)We got our Moderna boosters yesterday afternoon and feel another big hurdle has been jumped. We still won't change where we go (almost nowhere) or what we do (almost nothing outside our neighborhood), but we feel safer.

>:) I got a phone call yesterday from a woman in my line dance class who told me that someone was going to teach beginning line dance at the Senior Center starting in December. She wanted me to mail her a list of phone numbers of people in my class so she could call some of them and tell them about the class. I smiled (to make my voice sound pleasant), and said "no".

<3Lisa,

<3Flea

:)Heather, what a great place you live. It was worth all the time and hand-wringing it took to make the move.

:)Barbara, I admire the way you respond so well to everyone.

:) This morning I walk alone and listen to podcasts, then we drive to town to pick up groceries.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

I wouldn’t have shared the list either Barbie. I find it incredibly rude for people to share phone numbers without first getting permission to do so.

Okie in the TX Hill Country

Absolutely ... and possibly also against the law in some situations.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Monday

Back to work. 2 day weekends are definitely not long enough.

We had settled snow down to 200 metres here and flurries to sea level. I would have loved it if it were winter, but given that we're 15 days away from summer, I'm not that impressed. I'd like to see a bit of summer weather!!

That's probably part of the reason I and others around here are tired and possibly a bit down. We have had so much rain and miserable weather in the past 6 weeks ... well above average. The average rainfall in October is 60 mm and we had 160 mm. This past weekend, we shot over the average rainfall for November.

It's hard to get out and do stuff when there's so much rain and wind and cool/cold weather. We'd like to get out cycling and do have wet weather gear, but it is miserable to cycle in the rain and can be unsafe. Some of my work colleagues like hiking but they keep issuing bushwalker warnings because trails can become dangerous when wet plus it is colder and often snowing at higher elevations.

It has slowed down our gardening as well. We got the gravel for the footpath (in the rain) but now want to wait for a somewhat drier day to lay it. The weeds, however, are loving it and they're growing like, well, weeds! I pulled a whole bunch again yesterday between rain showers.

M in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I just realized that going to the gym on the weekend really isn’t an option. I like to exercise early in the a.m., and they don’t open until 8 on Sat. and 1 on Sun. That wouldn’t work for me, so I guess I need to do something at home.

Pip – safe travels

Heather – I put that book on my wish list at amazon. I’m making up a list of things I would like for Christmas

Made chocolate bran muffins. I don’t know why, but I was so exhausted earlier that I laid down on the bed and watched the movie “Sister Act”. Now I feel sort-of refreshed.

When Steve was here last, he invited us to a get together at his house in PA on June 6 (or is it the 9th, the Saturday). I really think we should go since he comes here so much. But to convince Vince that we should drive that distance. I don’t know what the difference is between there and the condo. He drives the 10 hrs to the condo. The only thing I can think of is that it’s harder driving to PA, more traffic. Well, not going to worry about it just yet.

Allie – get better fast. Please don’t get yourself all worked up imaging the worse. I was convinced I needed hip replacement, a while ago my hip hurt so much. I didn’t even exercise (me!). As it turned out, it was sciatic nerve. The MD gave me prednisone and eventually it went away. So here I was, worrying for nothing. Don’t let this happen to you.

We’ll be going to Jess’ for Thanksgiving. Leaving that Tues, getting there Wed. Colby’s mother is flying in on Thurs. Jess is on call from 4 to something like 10, so we’ll have our Thanksgiving the next day. Then she takes her licensing exam that Monday. She’s asked us to stay an extra day, she wants to go out to a celebratory dinner on Monday. I guess we’ll just have to play it by ear. I don’t know what time the exam is over, so maybe it’ll be the next day.

Okie – instead of flat out refusing to give the person a list of attendees, I would have contacted each of them, explained the situation, asked for their permission to forward their name/phone number and then contacted the person who had asked. Perhaps you could be helping the attendee. Or else I would have asked her for her contact information, then called the attendees and say "xxx is having a line dancing class at xxx at xxx. You can get in touch with her at xxx if you are interested". You don't know, maybe someone was attending barbie's class for medical reasons which they didn't share for whatever reason, and this other class would have helped them.

M – I, too, can’t believe how fast the weekend goes. And I’m only working part-time!

Michele NC
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    If white bothers you, you can always change to a black background. Several people at work prefer to work that way. There are a number of different display settings on computers these days for different issues.

b8hbq24z86yo.png

I would like to know how to do this.

Right click on your desktop and you'll get a menu that looks something like this:

3djchwvy1nwr.png

Choose Display Settings. In the search bar type: Ease of Access and High Contrast.

There are other ways of getting to that point as well like the search under your start menu.
    Or if you know where Settings is, find it and then choose Ease of Access.

Once you get to High Contrast, turn it on. Then you'll have some theme choices. Pick one you like and Apply it.

wzrcov47c5vm.png

If you choose Colour Filters from the menu (right above High Contrast), you can choose Greyscale which greys everything. Or Inverted which makes the white backgrounds black.

There are things you can do with themes, brightness, etc. as well. You can find those under System and Display.

I've got mine set so that the night light comes on at midnight and turns everything sort of a pinkish colour. At work, it comes on at 4:30 pm.

M in Oz

I have a MacBook Air. I don't see anything like this. I already have my desktop in a charcoal color.

Karen

Ah ... I don't know anything about MacBook Air. But there should be a settings option somewhere. Maybe try Googling it.

Try this ...

https://support.apple.com/lv-lv/guide/mac-help/unac089/mac

M in Oz
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    551148dzawulwfv6.gif
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :) There are more than 40 people who attended my class while I was teaching this summer. Almost half of them stopped coming as soon as the indoor mask mandate started. The mandate is still in place. The woman who started the class did not contact me. I got the info second hand from one person and third hand from another. I see no reason to share my contact list especially since I feel that it's still unsafe for us to dance.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Allie - did you hear that the CW network is starting a new Walton’s series on November 28th. It is being narrated by Richard Thomas and from my understanding will be the original Walton’s kids children and grandchildren.

I may give it a shot at least.
    Tracey
  • Machka9
    Options
    :) There are more than 40 people who attended my class while I was teaching this summer. Almost half of them stopped coming as soon as the indoor mask mandate started. The mandate is still in place. The woman who started the class did not contact me. I got the info second hand from one person and third hand from another. I see no reason to share my contact list especially since I feel that it's still unsafe for us to dance.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Here in Tasmania, I would cite SCHEDULE 1 - Personal Information Protection Principles of the Personal Information Protection Act 2004

Under Section 1 (4), it says, " If it is reasonable and practicable to do so, a personal information custodian must collect personal information about an individual only from that individual."

Also Section 2 (1)(b), "A personal information custodian must not use or disclose personal information about an individual for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was collected unless ... the individual has consented to the use or disclosure"

and more.
    https://www.legislation.tas.gov.au/view/html/inforce/current/act-2004-046#JS1@EN
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Uuuu