WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We have been traveling to Virginia, and now we are in Williamsburg. Our son, DDIL and grand son are here. It is good to see them. From here we take a trip to Atlanta and then Oregon and home.

Katla
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Annie ~ I too am anxious about what I will bring to the turkey dinner. And, a lot of it is what to put it in to transfer without having to leave my dishes behind. I will be taking Southern cornbread dressing and gravy and Italian cut green beans cooked with a bit of ham. Strange I know. ;)

Carol in GA

What I do many times is I buy a platter/dish at the salvation army, run it through my dishwasher and put the food on that. Then if I leave it, what have I lost $1?

Michele

I did that with our dessert auction at church and a few times, they insisted on returning them to me ;)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    November: leaner/stronger/kinder than October.
    Accountability:
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline, made up Monday’s SWSY.
    Bonus: bank, post office, gas, recycling, veg prep.
    Just one thing:
    24: Share with a friend something helpful you learned recently. Just not doing well with this month’s daily suggestions. Not resonating.

Lisa praying the procedure went well, gave clear direction for quick, effective treatment. ((hugs))
    Flea ((hugs)) held extra gently.
    Margaret thanks for the tip on dealing with “… I have to check some info…” It never occurred to me that my sympathetic/emotional reaction to what a friend is going through might add another layer. Will tamp down and try instead to listen and just be present.
    Machka what a run around, and having to pay for yet another assessment, ridiculous. They should accept copies of the most recent, but since they don’t… would it be prohibitively expensive for you to simply contract with a housecleaning service yourself? As for the short notice of your inspections, are they quarterly? Could you schedule a deep clean with a service quarterly, then just touch up when you learn of the inspection?
    Heather and Allie safe travels.
    Vicki I had no idea long covid could last a year. Praying your DH can get into that clinic quickly and gets some real help soon.
    Annie sometimes writing things out helps change our perspective.
    Carol your cornbread dressing and green beans with ham don’t sound strange at all! Not sure how people can expect you to bring gravy when you don’t have the turkey drippings ;)
    Karen would love a pic of your turkey shaped dinner rolls ;)
    Barbie what happened to jury duty, I missed it?
    Kim your friendsgiving sounds perfect. Calamari, not so much :sick:
    Katla seems like you just got there. Are you heading home already?

Struggling to get up off my butt and MOVE tonight. May just bag it. So much for writing it out ;}

Lighter, lovelies!
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/5a/f8qt1s098sxm.gif Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,894 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,370 Member
    Options
    Very restless night. Awake v early. Tried all my tricks to get back to sleep, but no go.
    Oh well.

Quick pack this morning. I'm taking back my son's shirt that he left behind in the summer. I've washed it, but I'm not ironing it. Otherwise it's mainly toiletries, makeup and chargers. I've downloaded some films, books and music for the journey. Do any of you read Elizabeth Strout? I got a good Black Friday deal on her latest, 'Oh William'.

No intentional exercise today, but that's OK. It's important I make the effort to go and see him, even if it's only for around 6 hours, or so. It's two years since I last went up there. My first post-covid expedition. :)

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Thinking about Julie and Kylia.
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Lisa - I'm just running off, but wanted to say, I'm glad they are making progress in your diagnosis and treatment. Much love, my friend. <3<3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,837 Member
    Options
    <3 Been reading posts! Sending love, healing thoughts, calming thoughts, strengthening thoughts to all who need them. Last day of childcare for the week. 11 kids today; one is a newborn (8 weeks old). I can do this, I can do this, I can do this, (pls send prayers). On a side note: Tim just left to go to the store and get me some wine. lol ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    <3Lisa, I'm glad there is some progress on a diagnosis and treatment for you.

:)Tracey Your painting is great. Looks like something fun to do.

:)Kim I wouldn't like the meal you are cooking for yourself but I love the idea of cooking exactly what you want and not worrying about whether anyone else will like it.

:)Barbara, My jury duty day turned out to be a fun adventure. Once I found the restroom and that I felt safe enough in a room full of people, I relaxed and enjoyed the unfolding of the drama which included a lot of waiting but I brought a library book, audio book, and e book. Because of Covid restrictions, the jury pool was limited to only 25 people so after all the questions from the attorneys (they didn't ask me anything) and the instructions from the judge, a few people were released for hardship or cause and the rest of us had to wait from 11:45 to 3:15 while they did the same with 25 other people. Then we reassembled for the attorneys to select the jury which didn't include me and the rest of us were sent home and told to call over the weekend to find out if we would be needed next week. I have watched a lot of courtroom drama so it felt like being on the set of a favorite show only less dramatic. The case was of a man accused of assaulting a police officer. During the long break, I alternated periods of walking with sitting in my car eating the food I brought and reading. It was about 45 degrees and not raining.

:) I was especially grateful because the week before they had selected a jury for a trial expected to last six weeks of a many accused of three murders.

:)Heather, I hope you enjoy your trip. The farthest I've gone since Covid was the 14 mile trip to jury duty on Monday.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Kelly.

11 kids. :o Yes. Yes, you can do this, there is no one more capable!

Love and strength, Karen in Virginia
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,820 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Heather - safe travels... and have fun...
    Lisa- glad there is some type of diagnosis..and for your delicious cheeseburger. Hopefully you'll start feeling better..
    Wow i slept like a rock last night,who knew hotel beds could make you sleep like that..
    Woke up aroud 5:45 and made myself a cup of tea.. and we will go out and about today.. Doris would like to hit some of the thrift shops around.. for used books.. she is an avid reader.. so i will take her wherever she would like to go.. We are on the Cape it doesnt matter to me im just a happy camper to be here,and to be here with her ..
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Baking pumpkin pies early this morning for our Thanksgiving at Lacy's today as they have plans with Nick's family tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,730 Member
    Options
    jpsa0l3dtbts.jpeg
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    LOL The reactions to Calamari for thanksgiving is why I don't make it for company. Squid needs a long slow cook or quick and HOT its how the collagen reacts to heat that means if you cook it too long, but not long enough it gets very tough. So I have put it in fish stew and cioppino with the long slow cook, but never breaded it and deep fat fried it. Although I do deep fat fry when needed (not often due to calories).

smiles Kim in N. California
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    I caught the earlier train so I've had plenty of time for a cookie, a cup of tea and a nap. :D
    Now waiting for my son and his girlfriend to pick me up in about 20-30 minutes.
    Very comfortable in a small 'crash pad' room. Double bed etc.

I felt fine on the trains as they were not at all busy. But the tube was a bit more crowded. I was wearing a mask.
    I was so worried about my ticket being swallowed up by one of the many machines on my journey, that I asked to be let through all the barriers!
    Journey door to door was 4 hrs 15 mins.

Kim - I adore squid in all its forms. Yum!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx